Mega Thread The Welcome Thread - If you're new (or old) to BigFooty introduce yourself here

Remove this Banner Ad

Chefdan

Draftee
Apr 11, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
And forgot to say, current favourite player is Brodie Grundy, I think the kids gonna be a star, but I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Benny Sinclair, bit like Bucks I guess!! Have high hopes for Maynard and Aish and think they'll both be 200 game players for us. My favourite player ever is coaching opinions aside, I grew up watching Bucks star in some pretty s**t teams so probably him, remember loving Graeme Wright too as a kid.

T Burger Jordan

Draftee
Apr 18, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Gday maggies, Troy here. Long time reader, first time poster. Stick fat with the boys, it's only round 5. Sick of the media trying to run bucks out of a job. If anybody is up for a chat. I'm mid 20's single male from Hallam and looking for a companion that also shares a love of the Collingwood football club.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
And forgot to say, current favourite player is Brodie Grundy, I think the kids gonna be a star, but I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Benny Sinclair, bit like Bucks I guess!! Have high hopes for Maynard and Aish and think they'll both be 200 game players for us. My favourite player ever is coaching opinions aside, I grew up watching Bucks star in some pretty s**t teams so probably him, remember loving Graeme Wright too as a kid.
And you cook?
Welcome.
It's very tame.... Or not...

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Gday maggies, Troy here. Long time reader, first time poster. Stick fat with the boys, it's only round 5. Sick of the media trying to run bucks out of a job. If anybody is up for a chat. I'm mid 20's single male from Hallam and looking for a companion that also shares a love of the Collingwood football club.
Welcome aboard.

Black Wings

Rookie
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hello fellow Magpies.
Long time reader of this interesting forum. Lots of good reading and passionate responds especially over the last 7 weeks.
I have always lived in Sydney and thanks to Channel 7 came across this strange sport on Saturdays called VFL.
The first game I ever watched was the 1980 Preliminary Final Geel vs Coll. On that day fate chose Coll for me, mainly because of players like Daicos, Kink and Davis.
I then watched the Grand Final the following week and everybody knows what happened, it was disappointing.
However, I was hooked on the VFL and Coll and eagerly awaited the 1981 season.
Over the years I have seen it all, the jubilation and the despair. We are again at the crossroads.
But since 1980 I have stuck with this great club and hope for the good times again.
Go PIES!

Hello fellow Magpies.
Long time reader of this interesting forum. Lots of good reading and passionate responds especially over the last 7 weeks.
I have always lived in Sydney and thanks to Channel 7 came across this strange sport on Saturdays called VFL.
The first game I ever watched was the 1980 Preliminary Final Geel vs Coll. On that day fate chose Coll for me, mainly because of players like Daicos, Kink and Davis.
I then watched the Grand Final the following week and everybody knows what happened, it was disappointing.
However, I was hooked on the VFL and Coll and eagerly awaited the 1981 season.
Over the years I have seen it all, the jubilation and the despair. We are again at the crossroads.
But since 1980 I have stuck with this great club and hope for the good times again.
Go PIES!
Welcome Black Wings

daweaver

Draftee
May 7, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Long time listener, first time caller?

A bit nervous about taking your first tentative steps into the maelstrom that is BigFooty?

That's all cool, we were all newbies once, we know what it's like.

Why not introduce yourself by letting us know a little about yourself.

Here's some questions to help you!:

1) Who do you barrack for? (hint anything but Collingwood ends with a banzhammer)
2) Who's your favourite Collingwood player?
3) What is your favourite Collingwood moment?
4) How did you come to be a Pies fan?

Oh and last, but definitely not least, welcome to the Collingwood forum on BigFooty :thumbsu:

1) Collingwood
2) Mason Cox
3) Mason Cox kicking the first goal on ANZAC day.
4) When Mason joined the side.

Hi Collingwood member of twenty years Fan since waaay back
Started as a Mighty ducks supporter (Swan districts) wasn't 1990 and 2010 great years the WAFL and AFL Black and Whites won the premierships

Look forward to speaking to fellow true believers Especially in hard times like now
Don't forget this mob...
upload_2016-5-14_7-50-44.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the_wizard

Draftee
Apr 12, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
G'day fellow legends.
Wizard here, long time pies supporter and long time reader of bigfooty posts. Thought I may as well start having an input.
I'm pretty involved in local footy but I still try to get to as many pies games as I can.
Favourite pies player was Did's (and I have the very unpopular opinion that he was robbed of a Brownlow in 2010).
Am the eternal optimist will never be too negative about how we are going, it's always good to see the young players start to make an impact, makes it much sweeter when we start to succeed as well.
Can see some similarities in Pendles, Thomas, Steele, Beams, Reid of 2008/9 with Treloar, Adams, De Goey, Moore, Williams etc. of now.

Go Pies :thumbsu: :footy:

bunter

Club Legend
Apr 20, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
well then, have done a few posts already. not really my style but hey, i'm enjoying it. so hello everyone, i guess this means you will have to put up with me from now.
my old man and his mates used to take me to vic park in the 60's & 70's. 1st half of the footy was gogod but the 2nd half was rank because they had got through the slabs and i had nothing left to stand on. peter mckenna was my hero. was pretty rough in the outer in those days but really colourful. i went through massive pain being a pies man at school, always the butt of jokes, always losing finals. dad used to say our time would come, so i would cop it. (*in hate wayne harmes). so many heros along the way, always loved daics, pants, banksy, pebbles,............
started travelling around oz in the late 80's and never made it back home. live in margaret river now and have a son. he was told that if he didn't go for the pies he would be kicked out of home. he now plays local footy and flies the collingwood flag, i am so proud. we get to subi when ever the pies are in town.
this bloody club has ruled my life! i have only seen 2 flags in 53 years but to me that is enough. hope to see more flags but when my son says he loves the pies because they all hate us, well my work on this planet has been accomplished, my old man would be proud. by the way, he used to really like des tuddenham, didn't you dad.
Go Woodsmen

well then, have done a few posts already. not really my style but hey, i'm enjoying it. so hello everyone, i guess this means you will have to put up with me from now.
my old man and his mates used to take me to vic park in the 60's & 70's. 1st half of the footy was gogod but the 2nd half was rank because they had got through the slabs and i had nothing left to stand on. peter mckenna was my hero. was pretty rough in the outer in those days but really colourful. i went through massive pain being a pies man at school, always the butt of jokes, always losing finals. dad used to say our time would come, so i would cop it. (****in hate wayne harmes). so many heros along the way, always loved daics, pants, banksy, pebbles,............
started travelling around oz in the late 80's and never made it back home. live in margaret river now and have a son. he was told that if he didn't go for the pies he would be kicked out of home. he now plays local footy and flies the collingwood flag, i am so proud. we get to subi when ever the pies are in town.
this bloody club has ruled my life! i have only seen 2 flags in 53 years but to me that is enough. hope to see more flags but when my son says he loves the pies because they all hate us, well my work on this planet has been accomplished, my old man would be proud. by the way, he used to really like des tuddenham, didn't you dad.
Go Woodsmen

You've pressed a few buttons there. The outer at Vic Park in the 70s. McKenna. Tuddy. The stars of the 80s and 90s. Wayne Bloody Harmes - how many lives did he nearly destroy? I'm still not over it. And good Pie parenting. Well done! Margaret River is a beautiful part of the world, if a little distant from Lulie Street.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
Hi I'm Markfs. I'm average height and lots of people say I'm cute but I'm sure lots of women say that about their brothers. Generally, I like raging....I'm a wild crazy guy. I like panel vans and cold chisel. I'm usually drunk from friday night to monday morning. I'm looking for a cute girl who will look good in the back of the van.

Oct 14, 2015
Free State NSW
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi I'm Markfs. I'm average height and lots of people say I'm cute but I'm sure lots of women say that about their brothers. Generally, I like raging....

Hi Markfs, I'm a freelance dating coach on RSVP.com.au. Your profile needs photos - one where you pat a drugged tiger, another where you're trout fishing without your shirt. You didn't mention that your favourite movie is The Shawshank Redemption? To show that you are 'hip', you might add that you listen to Triple J in the van. I've read that you are a little disappointed with your career? Please lie: 'although I work 90 hours per week in my dot.com I always have time for champagne picnics with my Princess.'

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Hi Markfs, I'm a freelance dating coach on RSVP.com.au. Your profile needs photos - one where you pat a drugged tiger, another where you're trout fishing without your shirt. You didn't mention that your favourite movie is The Shawshank Redemption? To show that you are 'hip', you might add that you listen to Triple J in the van. I've read that you are a little disappointed with your career? Please lie: 'although I work 90 hours per week in my dot.com I always have time for champagne picnics with my Princess.'

well i have a lot of photos but i dont have any with clothes on.... i tend to listen to classic rock radio stations.... i checked out of the top 40 stuff a few years back. I cant name a favourite movie but I do like POV. I dont work but I do have a steady income from centrelink. Maybe i can get a reference from my case manager. I just want a babe. I'll treat her like real good. She doesnt have to be a Pie supporter as long as she's willing to wear the fan gear when we're shooting...

Welcome Markfs

We need new posters with a dark sense of humour, an eye for the absurd, a willingness to pierce the pomposity of the Pies board, and a deep and abiding affection for Nathan Buckley. Do you think you measure up?

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Welcome Markfs

We need new posters with a dark sense of humour, an eye for the absurd, a willingness to pierce the pomposity of the Pies board, and a deep and abiding affection for Nathan Buckley. Do you think you measure up?

well as that great singer meatloaf sings, "3 out of 4 aint bad"..

jadami1973

Team Captain
Mar 12, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
1) Who do you barrack for? The pies naturally
2) Who's your favourite Collingwood player? Pendels, but loved Gavin Brown's hardness and Diac's class
3) What is your favourite Collingwood moment? Heath Shaw's smother in 2010 GF
4) How did you come to be a Pies fan? Mum was a fan

Oh and last, but definitely not least, welcome to the Collingwood forum on BigFooty :thumbsu:[/QUOTE]

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
And perhaps his profile photo needs some work. Too incendiary.
Also forgot:
"loves walks on the beach"
"Loves dancing..."
"Whilst I like football, it's not my life... I barrack for Collingwood, but don't hold that against me"

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
And perhaps his profile photo needs some work. Too incendiary.
Also forgot:
"loves walks on the beach"
"Loves dancing..."
"Whilst I like football, it's not my life... I barrack for Collingwood, but don't hold that against me"

well i have just read chris gayle's new book.. and he does agree with the "loves dancing" approach. I'm thinking of installing a pole in the spare room...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back