Mega Thread The Welcome Thread - If you're new (or old) to BigFooty introduce yourself here

Remove this Banner Ad

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I was born into a Collingwood family and taken to Viccy Park by my Grandparents as soon as I could walk....that was 1950. Now I'm the Grandparent taking my grand kids!!
You say you as a lad were taken to Vicky Park what was she like then?

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
'What we do in life echoes in eternity, re:'
Are we not entertained.. are we not entertained. How do you rank the movie.. I watched it the other night.. visually great.. great lines every now and again.. but the script is so f poor.. bit like good will hunting.. corny.

Kansas

Draftee
Jan 9, 2017
Kansas, USA
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Long time listener, first time caller?

1) Who do you barrack for? (hint anything but Collingwood ends with a banzhammer)
Sorry, Gold Coast Member and Doggies fan. I'm anti-Magpie, but hold on... As a sign of respect. I see Collinwood as the equivalent to the Dallas Cowboys here in the States, long time good, sometimes great, millions of fans, everywhere.
2) Who's your favourite Collingwood player?
Pendlebury, Mason Cox of course, and Heritier Lumumba
3) What is your favourite Collingwood moment?
That's why I'm here. Heritier had a run down the field, taking four or five bounces as he moved toward goal. 2010 or 2011 season.
I'm trying to narrow down when that was or find a video highlight.
4) How did you come to be a Pies fan?
How about how did I become a footy fan; The first match I ever watched, in Jan. 2011 on ESPN3 streaming, was the draw.

Oh and last, but definitely not least, welcome to the Collingwood forum on BigFooty :thumbsu:

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Been lingering around here for a few years but thought I would do one of these because i didnt do one when i joined
1) Who do you barrack for?
Pies
Pendlebury
3) What is your favourite Collingwood moment? 2010 GF
4) How did you come to be a Pies fan? Influenced into it kind of

you can check out my wikipedia page here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahfoud_Nahnah
my dance that went viral in 2012 here:
and a couple songs dedicated to me here:

(last one was written and directed by me)

Thats really all you need to know about me.

Living overseas as I do, I wasn't aware of BigFooty until about a year ago, when my esteemed son introduced me to it. He gets on to things faster than I do. Since then I've been a daily visitor, but been waiting for the moment to post.
I was too young by a year or so to get the benefit of the 1958 Premiership. Unfortunately, that put me in the precise demographic to get the full abject misery of the 60s, 70s and 80s. The formative years... 64 was unlucky bordering on unfair, 66 was just unlucky and 69 was a failure -- best by a street, two games clear on top, out in straight sets. 70... no, let's not go there. Actually, I did... Southern Stand. Haven't quite been able to forget it.
We had great sides and great players. Terry Waters was the early numero uno for me -- started out as the marking full forward, later played down back. Price, the Richardsons, Thommo, Greening, Tuddy,... and the great man who inspires my BF name and avatar, Macca. Must be the best shot for goal of all time. Radio commentators would say: 'McKenna's got the mark 60 yards out and you can put your glasses down -- he'll kick this.' And he would. It never occurred to me that he might miss, and on the rare occasions when he did, it was such a shock I'd have to sit down and recover my breath. Changed the game like Bradman did -- everybody kicks the drop punt now because of Peter McKenna.
Random favourite moments... Colin Tully drop-kicking 70 yards and more at just about every ground in the comp, Len Thompson goaling from just forward of the wing at Windy Hill -- a drop kick after the three-quarter time siren... at least 80 yards. I'd love to know if anyone else remembers that.
Fast forward...Daicos -- any moment is a favourite.
The 1990 GF -- I was at that one, too, having flown in for the occasion. When Dougie Barwick kicked that goal in the last quarter and we knew the pain was over, the noise transcended the word 'noise.' It was a moment for the ages. The concrete fabric of the Northern Stand vibrated -- an engineer could comment on the potential consequences.
2010 -- I wasn't there, but watched the game at my sister's house and afterwards walked with my son to a pub in Collingwood. I have a photo that shows his happiness at my happiness. He's a Pie too, though born and raised overseas, and knows more about the game than most people living all their lives in Melbourne. I'm a proud man, for many reasons.
This year... we have the potential, although it's not quite 2010 -- maybe a year's development shy of it? The backline will be good if it gels and the young players progress. The midfield will be anything up to sensational. The forward line will be good if the small forwards prosper -- and there's every reason they could. Moore will keep getting better, but he's not ready to carry the load. Grundy, Pendles, etc. will be... Grundy, Pendles, etc.
I'm hopeful. Two flags is better than none, but not enough for a lifetime that should have seen half a dozen or more. I'm ready. Bring it on, I say.

BPikkers

Cancelled
Oct 14, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi, I'm Billy.
I joined the community about 2 or 3 years ago.
1st post got banned by Dlanod.
2nd post got banned by Dlanod.
What's up with Lions supporters anyway?

My favourite Collingwood moment was when Rene Kink told me off at a signing at McDonalds. He said I pushed in. I told him just sign my white Ronald McDonald frisbee and hold the lecture. He didn't quite know how to handle this 5 year old. Anyway, he shook his head and did what he was told!

My father got me into the pies. He came over from Italy when he was a young kid, and thought he was following Juventus.

My favourite player is still Darren Millane (I feel he just never left us).

Be nice to me......and be nice to your mothers.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi, I'm Billy.

My favourite Collingwood moment was when Rene Kink told me off at a signing at McDonalds. He said I pushed in. I told him just sign my white Ronald McDonald frisbee and hold the lecture. He didn't quite know how to handle this 5 year old. Anyway, he shook his head and did what he was told!

My father got me into the pies. He came over from Italy when he was a young kid, and thought he was following Juventus.

Just love the Juventus thing.

Ha ha I can so see that happening.....

Feb 27, 2017
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood Netball
I barrack for anything Collingwood mens, womens & the Netball
For the Mens team Tom Langdon, the womens Steph Chiocci & Alicia Eva, Netball tbc
That smother by Heath Shaw in the 2010 GF replay it built the momentum for the win.
Born a Collingwood baby brain washed by my dad so been a Collingwood supporter nearly 32 years, apparently he would hold a Collingwood Guernsey up and each of the other teams with it & get me to pick the 1 liked & I chose Collingwood lol. Wouldn't change my team for nothing or noone.

My names Fearn, Fearny to my close friends and im 31 years of age & a massive 1 eye Collingwood supporter, I work part time as a shift supervisor at Subway & when im not working help care for my disabled mum & in my spare time love to go along to the AFLW Collingwood women's team games and the 2 weekly training sessions. :):footy:

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
For the Mens team Tom Langdon, the womens Steph Chiocci & Alicia Eva, Netball tbc
That smother by Heath Shaw in the 2010 GF replay it built the momentum for the win.
Born a Collingwood baby brain washed by my dad so been a Collingwood supporter nearly 32 years, apparently he would hold a Collingwood Guernsey up and each of the other teams with it & get me to pick the 1 liked & I chose Collingwood lol. Wouldn't change my team for nothing or noone.

My names Fearn, Fearny to my close friends and im 31 years of age & a massive 1 eye Collingwood supporter, I work part time as a shift supervisor at Subway & when im not working help care for my disabled mum & in my spare time love to go along to the AFLW Collingwood women's team games and the 2 weekly training sessions. :):footy:
Welcome to bigfooty's Collingwood board Fearn, may your stay be long and fruitful.

Great to have you here. You have A+ Collingwood credentials!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi, I'm Billy.

Peak bigfooty often involves Brisbane mods

Welcome to BigFooty Fearn:thumbsu: Fearntastic

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Welcome fearn.
We love Collingwood supporters :)
It's a lot fun around here, sometimes passionate, sometimes mad, but lots of fun.
If you like venture around through the threads.

And good on being so keen on the ladies team, especially Ms Eva :)

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Been lingering around here for a few years but thought I would do one of these because i didnt do one when i joined
Pies
Pendlebury
3) What is your favourite Collingwood moment? 2010 GF
4) How did you come to be a Pies fan? Influenced into it kind of

you can check out my wikipedia page here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahfoud_Nahnah
my dance that went viral in 2012 here:
and a couple songs dedicated to me here:

(last one was written and directed by me)

Thats really all you need to know about me.

Great lyrics

Piesnchess

Team Captain
Sep 13, 2009
Mt Evelyn
AFL Club
Collingwood
Greetings fellow Pies fans, first time I have posted here, I usually post only on Nicks magpies board. I have been a Pies man for over fifty years, a lot of GF heartbreak in that time, but some wonderful moments too, our two GF wins being the best,90 and 10. The win over the swans was a great one fo rthe memory bank too, fantastic win, so rapt. If we hit our straps we can make the finals, and isn't it great to see the Sydney ducks and hawks winless, so glad the suns smashed the piss and poo, man what a hiding, end of the hawks for along time I reckon. Anyway, go Pies and see all you folks later, cheers.

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi guys first poster
Mad pie man ,mad pie family !
The old man played cricket footy and worked for wren as a cockatoo
My memory's include sitting on stacky seniors knee in the past players pavilion with some peanuts (remember him)
Dad would get me at half time and into the rooms the doorman would say good on ya darky and we were in
After the game he would be in a school in the social club (non members)with the greats Merrett,Richards rose and Mann 1 pot each and home me a raspberry
I was there when Bomber Clifford stuffed up and was told by my old man :TO pull his head in an remember who he represents. End of bomber off to port you go
When possible I go to training and will post when I can
Dad always said there were two things that you could count on
Collingwood and phar lap
This club supported my and many other families during the depression
I wouldn't be here if not for them!
THATS the difference
SIDE by SIDE

Hi guys first poster
My memory's include sitting on stacky seniors knee in the past players pavilion with some peanuts (remember him)
Dad would get me at half time and into the rooms the doorman would say good on ya darky and we were in
After the game he would be in a school in the social club (non members)with the greats Merrett,Richards rose and Mann 1 pot each and home me a raspberry
I was there when Bomber Clifford stuffed up and was told by my old man :TO pull his head in an remember who he represents. End of bomber off to port you go
Collingwood and phar lap
THATS the difference
SIDE by SIDE

Fantastic post. Not often - ever? - we have a poster with a connection to John Wren. Some serious (and colourful) Collingwood history right there.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi guys first poster
Collingwood and phar lap
THATS the difference
SIDE by SIDE
Great post great history.

Extra likes for the Phar Lap mention. (I'm one of the racing nuts around here; we're all Collingwood nuts that's a given. Actually The real nuts was Gordon Coventry, but I digress)

Enjoy your time here

PerthBoy87

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
My cuz AK,- Former Tiger and Magpie
Good evening everyone from Perth. Just packing my bags as I get ready for a flight up north to Port Hedland for work and will be back in Perth on Friday night.

This is the first time I have posted in this particular thread so here is a little bit about me.....oh hang on....is there a set template I need to follow or do I just fire away?? Here it goes...

I have been on Bigfooty since 2013. I'm 29 and will be 30 next Wednesday, 3rd of May. As stated above I live in Perth. I'm a Richmond supporter with Yellow And Black running through my veins (who knows I might change into a Tiger one day haha).

I work fulltime as a Public Servant, my interests are AFL, Cricket, Aviation, Cooking, Travel, History, Horse Racing, and being with friends and family. In the summer months (October to March) im a First Grade umpire in WA Premier Cricket....the elite cricket competition in WA and the pathway comp to state/international cricket.

The Collingwood Football Club is my second team because my cousin played for them from 2011 to 2013, he also played for Richmond too. As this is a Collingwood board I will keep it to Collingwood only - my favourite Collingwood moment was when the Pies were behind by about five or six goals at half-time in 2011 against the Adelaide Crows at Etihad Stadium. But after half time the Pies were just a different team and ran over the top of the Crows, the self belief the Pies had during that second half was fantastic and they played with great spirit.

My favourite Collingwood player (apart from my cousin) was Dale 'Daisy' Thomas, a good player with the Pies and so skillful but also a good bloke too. I also like Scott Pendulbury as well and he has style and class in the midfield.

I liked Mick Malthouse as well, the team played for him and he was like a father figure for the boys....its interesting how these former players who were not superstars (like Mick) end up being good coaches.

There is a lot more about me so if anyone has any questions then you are welcome to ask.

Finally, thank you to the Collingwood board on Bigfooty for always making me (a non-Collingwood supporter) feel welcome. I appreciate it. As most of you know I comment on the Collingwood board quite a bit and all of you have always treated me with respect and for that I say thank you.

Cheers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back