Mega Thread The Welcome Thread - If you're new (or old) to BigFooty introduce yourself here

Remove this Banner Ad

NoFlux

Draftee
Jul 15, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi Pies Fam!

1) How did you come to be a Pies fan?

Born into it, my father began barracking for the pies back in the 60's when he joined his local club as young fella, the local club just so happen to flaunt the Black and White. The rest is history.

2) How old were you when you went to/watched your first game?

Unfortunately growing up in Tasmania, it was quite hard to get over a see a game. I believe I was around 8 or 9, visiting family in Adelaide, went to watch a classic Power v Crows showdown in 2004.

3) Who's your favourite Collingwood player?
Growing up it was Didak, and then Pendles. Currently loving the hard pressure Taylor Adams brings.

4) What is your favourite Collingwood moment?

Destoying Richmond in the 2018 prelims.

Hi Pies Fam!

Born into it, my father began barracking for the pies back in the 60's when he joined his local club as young fella, the local club just so happen to flaunt the Black and White. The rest is history.

Unfortunately growing up in Tasmania, it was quite hard to get over a see a game. I believe I was around 8 or 9, visiting family in Adelaide, went to watch a classic Power v Crows showdown in 2004.

Growing up it was Didak, and then Pendles. Currently loving the hard pressure Taylor Adams brings.

Destoying Richmond in the 2018 prelims.
Welcome NoFlux, hope you enjoy your time on here.

JDPies73

Draftee
Jul 17, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
LA LAKERS
Hi my name is Jason, been a long time viewer and yes now I'm a first time caller

Have to thank my brother in law as I grew up in a family full of north supporters, he was around on the weekends and we watched Pies games

I was living in a small town not far from Warrnambool I didn't get to too many games, But when I was 16 I went and saw the Semi Final v's Essendon which we won by 63 points, I was one of the 91k at the game with no roof on the southern stand, got sunburn badly but enjoyed the trip on the train back to Warrnambool after.

Was Gavin Brown back in the day but now JDG is my favourite.

Seeing Pants hold up the ball at the end of the 1990 Granny does it for me, Always will

raymond35

Club Legend
Jan 5, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood vfl
Hi my name is Jason, been a long time viewer and yes now I'm a first time caller

Have to thank my brother in law as I grew up in a family full of north supporters, he was around on the weekends and we watched Pies games

I was living in a small town not far from Warrnambool I didn't get to too many games, But when I was 16 I went and saw the Semi Final v's Essendon which we won by 63 points, I was one of the 91k at the game with no roof on the southern stand, got sunburn badly but enjoyed the trip on the train back to Warrnambool after.

Was Gavin Brown back in the day but now JDG is my favourite.

Seeing Pants hold up the ball at the end of the 1990 Granny does it for me, Always will

For your first match you got an absolute beauty. My second favourite of all time.
And you're right, it was unbelievably warm that day, like a mid summers day.
That moment when Madden and Kickett fumbled and the pies swooped on the ball was out of this world. I was going nuts.

JDPies73

Draftee
Jul 17, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
LA LAKERS
For your first match you got an absolute beauty. My second favourite of all time.
And you're right, it was unbelievably warm that day, like a mid summers day.
That moment when Madden and Kickett fumbled and the pies swooped on the ball was out of this world. I was going nuts.

I will never forget the Roar when that happened, it was a great day at the footy for me

New to big footy not really computer savvy can someone help me change team from Essendon to Collingwood
Not sure, will check it out. Can you check your profile at top of page, click on your name and see if you can change there.

jackbacktoback

Draftee
Jul 27, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not sure, will check it out. Can you check your profile at top of page, click on your name and see if you can change there.
Thanks Maggie5 have looked there can,t see anywhere to change team have emailed big footy help days ago but no reply

Thanks Maggie5 have looked there can,t see anywhere to change team have emailed big footy help days ago but no reply
Okay, here we go ...

Go to this page:

Then click on: 'contact us' and complete your request.

2020-08-02_122148.jpg

jackbacktoback

Draftee
Jul 27, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Okay, here we go ...

Go to this page:

Then click on: 'contact us' and complete your request.

View attachment 925370
Thanks for your time and trouble, sent request see how I go. 60 year pies supporter Essendon is the last club I would put my name to thanks again

Aug 3, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Liverpool
Realise I'm posting in here a little bit late, but I thought I'd give it a whirl anyway. Better late than never hey!

Born into it, like many others. My dad was born into it (he was born in July of '59, doesn't take a genius to work out what sparked that conception ;) ), and his father was actually president of the Pies for a few years. Never was going to be part of any other support base with that heritage!

First game I went to was the 2002 GF. Got used to heartbreak from a young age, lol.

Pendles. Most entrancing player I've ever seen.

Probably have to be Heater smothering Riewoldt on the line. Really thought Nick was a flog at the time, was so perfectly sweet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Magnanimous

Club Legend
Sep 10, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Realise I'm posting in here a little bit late, but I thought I'd give it a whirl anyway. Better late than never hey!

Born into it, like many others. My dad was born into it (he was born in July of '59, doesn't take a genius to work out what sparked that conception ;) ), and his father was actually president of the Pies for a few years. Never was going to be part of any other support base with that heritage!

The usual way born into it with the customary scarf not long after coming into the world.

First game I went to was the 2002 GF. Got used to heartbreak from a young age, lol.

Would be VIC Park maybe 1985 around then. Scary as a youngster.

Pendles. Most entrancing player I've ever seen.

Daics Snr then, now Bruzzy

Probably have to be Heater smothering Riewoldt on the line. Really thought Nick was a flog at the time, was so perfectly sweet

1990 finally, 2010 clearly good too

Apr 30, 2006
fire station
AFL Club
Collingwood

my fam's 1st address in melbs was in east melbourne, so i pick the demons as they were nearby. then the fam moved to my child home in kew & remember watching the dees vs pies on TV & thought i like those colours and a pie ever since.

13, Carlton vs Collingwood

Peter Daicos, because for a while everytime he had the ball we scored.

1990 Grand final

Oct 22, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi everyone!
Been sporadically checking bigfooty for training reports, trade news etc over the last 18 months or so and thought it was about time i started an account so i could actually contribute some thoughts instead of piggy backing!! To answer the questions

How did i become a pies fan?
I thought this was genetic no?

How old was i when i first attended a game?
I think i was about 5, went to see us beat hawthorn at the g when hawthorn was ordinary in about '03. Haven't seen us beat them too many times since!

Favourite pies player?
I really fell in love with the club in the year after we drafted daisy and pendles, so I'd say pendles all in all. But since that's a bit obvious I've been rolling with Tay Adams as my favourite over the last few years. Even when we weren't much good through 15-17 I loved the way he improved his game, cracked in and generally tried to open the game up. Bleeds for the jumper.

Favourite moment?
Many to choose from, beating geelong in the 2010 prelim would have to be up there. All of 2018 was a pretty good ride too.

Look forward to chatting with you all.

MsPendles

Debutant
Feb 2, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi Pies Fans,
1) How did I come to be a Pies Fan
Born into it. Grew up in Clifton Hill at my grannies place. Mum and Dad were fanatics, Dad worked in Collingwood in Smith Street. They went to all the home matches at Vicky Park.
2) How old was I when went to first game.
I started going to Vicky Park in 1957 when 7 with my sister who was 4. We mostly were interested in feeding and sitting on the Police Horses at that stage. But we quickly developed into fanatics
3) who’s my favourite Pies player
Pretty much each decade there was a special, loved Thorold Merret, Barry Price, Peter McKenna, John Greening, Peter Diacos, Gavin Brown, Bucks and best of all Pendles
4) what is your favourite Pies moments
Raising the 58 flag at Vicky Park 1990 premiership, 2010 premiership especially smashing Geelong in prelim, recent smashing Richmond in 2018 Prelim and 1 pointer over West Coast 2920

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi Pies Fans,
Born into it. Grew up in Clifton Hill at my grannies place. Mum and Dad were fanatics, Dad worked in Collingwood in Smith Street. They went to all the home matches at Vicky Park.
I started going to Vicky Park in 1957 when 7 with my sister who was 4. We mostly were interested in feeding and sitting on the Police Horses at that stage. But we quickly developed into fanatics
Pretty much each decade there was a special, loved Thorold Merret, Barry Price, Peter McKenna, John Greening, Peter Diacos, Gavin Brown, Bucks and best of all Pendles
Raising the 58 flag at Vicky Park 1990 premiership, 2010 premiership especially smashing Geelong in prelim, recent smashing Richmond in 2018 Prelim and 1 pointer over West Coast 2920
You have left it late in life to join BF! You're older than me. Barry Price was a particular favourite of mine - those little stab passes on the run to Mc Kenna were sublime to watch.

MsPendles

Debutant
Feb 2, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi Pies Fans,
Oops I forgot Des Tuddenham, a great Captain, player and fan favourite

riddick78

Team Captain
Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi All,

I have posted in a couple of threads last year, but thought i'd introduce myself.

Majority of my family are Collingwood.

I was probably about 5-6 years old when i went to my first game.

Through the years it's been.

Peter Daicos.
Sav Rocca.
Nathan Buckley.
Nick Maxwell.
Steele Sidebottom.
Jeremy Howe.

Would have to be the 2018 Prelim, my fanmily and i went to that game with the thought, it was fantastic to get this far, but the Tigers were too good. BUt we know how that turned out. Note: it was great to see Tigers fans leaving at half time, especially since they were gtting us so much crap before the game.

Or getting to go to the 2010 GF draw with dodgy passout tickets.

Hi I'm new here. I like Collingwood. I like them even more when they win.
Welcome to you both. Don't forget to read the board rules.

Abdul_The_Bull

All Australian
Aug 3, 2021
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi Folks, thought I'd jump on and add to the thread...

I developed my love for the Pies in the early 70's growing up in a Collingwood recruiting zone in Western Victoria. I recall the team coming to my school and I got to meet many players that I admired - Ronnie Wearmouth, Ricky Barham, Billy Picken, etc. I went home hooked. My family were low-key Essendon supporters so I was 'on the outer' for quite a time.

Notwithstanding my Dad's support of Essendon most of our trips to the Big Smoke to watch the footy seemed to involve Collingwood. I'm sure that I got to watch a few games prior, but the first game that I can vividly remember was the 1978 Semi Final between Collingwood and Carlton at the MCG. I was about 10 years old, the game was electric and I'll never forget it. The other game I remember was the infamous game at Princes Park in 1979 when Stan Magro executed a beautiful shirtfront on Jessa. It was also the first appearance of the 'Blue Birds' which was a noteworthy event.

There's been a few over the journey. I especially love the hard and tough, honest players. Magro, Millane, Greenwood... There was also a soft spot for Ricky Barham back in the day. I have enormous respect for Buckley and Pendles, too. Of the up-and-comers I like the look of McCreery. He seems to always give his all and that is something that I admire in any player - irrespective of talent - 100% commitment and passion.

Hands down being at Victoria Park after the 1990 Grand Final win! It was the most exhilarating experience I can remember from anything associated with football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back