The Wentworth federal by-election

Remove this Banner Ad

Not trying to justify scaremongering but I am just stating what is likely to happen. Economic activity will improve under alp with a clear mandate because they will articulate a plan and a direction. Currently liberals are a mess.
I doubt that

It's good the libs look like they will remove another highly descriminative alp policy on Gay Teachers being allowed to be sacked. On top of reversing Gillards agreeing with Howard that marriage is between a man and a woman only.

I doubt that

We are an export base economy & thus at the mercy of international politics & economics. Setting the $ free in the 80's set us on a path. China's rise boosted us.

Right now the world order is in a state of flux. Tariffs & war & uncertainty will cruel us no matter who is in power.

Anyone thinking the Government really controls our economic health has been conned by them.

We are an export base economy & thus at the mercy of international politics & economics. Setting the $ free in the 80's set us on a path. China's rise boosted us.

Right now the world order is in a state of flux. Tariffs & war & uncertainty will cruel us no matter who is in power.

Anyone thinking the Government really controls our economic health has been conned by them.

From what I understand, there was this guy and I believe he was a Saudi national and also a writer, and he goes into the Saudi embassy in Turkey, puts his Apple watch on <record>, and has not been seen since. As a result Australian petrol prices may increase (again).

Although the significance of the disappearance of this writer should not be understated, this also demonstrates something on a few different levels;
1) The people who really control the economy (and how few these people are)
2) The people who get shafted by the people who really control the economy (how many these people are)
3) That the Australian market is overly-hypersensitive to national and international events (due to 1)

Ergo, one "event"* that happens to one/few person/people with a lot of power has far reaching consequences. This is not smart. This is random. One/Few person/people should not have this much influence. The ideal solution would be to spread the load so that if an event happens to a few people, a lot of other people will be buffered from the impact.

*Not wanting to reduce the gravitas of the circumstance

I got an ad from the Libs in the post too, highlighting that Dr Phelps changed her preference from Labor to Liberal, with "Do you know what you are getting?" on it.

Not sure I really understand seeing she is an independent. Doesn't independent mean not part of, or sworn to support, either major party.

I like the embassy to Jerusalem but the timing is s**t and purely political
100% labors fault according to the libs in QT

So like every other thing since 2013......

:)

I bet in 20 years not doing anything about Climate Change will be Labor's fault too. If only they supported the plan to dig up and burn more coal then it all would've been okay.

What’s the Libs argument?

If they wanted to be professional about this, the announcement should of occurred post the by election and without a specific consultation of the member of Wentworth (general consultation as with any other member would be reasonable).

This is why I don’t trust politicians

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s the Libs argument?

If they wanted to be professional about this, the announcement should of occurred post the by election and without a specific consultation of the member of Wentworth (general consultation as with any other member would be reasonable).

This is why I don’t trust politicians

The libs argument ??
" BUT LABOR " was their response

Why? What benefits do we gain from relocation?
It will probably force the palestinans to start negotiating if few more large powers support Israel's capital.
They will not get right of return but they will get a reasonable settlement.

For to long the west has supported the unattainable for the Palestinians and funded terrorism. For the sake of the palestinans and the west this has got to stop. At the same time tell Israel if they dont facilitate a settlement pronto they can pay for the palestinans

I got an ad from the Libs in the post too, highlighting that Dr Phelps changed her preference from Labor to Liberal, with "Do you know what you are getting?" on it.

Not sure I really understand seeing she is an independent. Doesn't independent mean not part of, or sworn to support, either major party.
What all independents preference someone.

For to long the west has supported the unattainable for the Palestinians and funded terrorism.
It's only unattainable because the Israelis are completely unreasonable. The Palestinians aren't even pushing for the '67 border anymore. Israeli pull back to it's (not even proper) borders and quit stealing Palestinian land and you might actually get somewhere.

Last edited:
Cartoonists take on Wentworth.

dCOF2Tk.jpg

U9WWMbz.jpg

C4bmbs5.jpg

RXRRWbo.jpg

It's only unattainable because the Israelis are completely unreasonable. The Palestinians aren't even pushing for the '67 border anymore. Israeli pull back to it's (not even proper) borders and quit stealing Palestinian land and you might actually get somewhere.
No the un ask was rubbish and Palestine wont negotiate because the west make sure they dont have too.

If isreal would stop bombing Syrians fighting isis and al queda then we can take them seriously
What has a got to do with b?

Most of the world is bombing syrians including the RAAF that has been there for 4 years, but Israel who's on the border cant? Lefty lunacy at its best

Remove this Banner Ad

Back