The West Coast Eagles are changing their team song

MadMundy

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
It's nice to sit back as a neutral and watch a few pages of Richmond and West Coast fans at each other's throats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sounda

Team Captain
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Ta. Being the only footy team (till freo came along) in a footy state let you become rich and fat. Thats fine, things were a bit more competitive down here.

Thanks for the history lesson though old man boomer. Irrelevant to the thread. Plastic franchise, as i said. Thanks for the cash though.
Old man boomer - seriously. That was a great come back - it's quite obvious that you're one of the more literate and articulate Richmond supporters. ;)

I wonder, do you have something to add other than sledging other posters? Thanks for the churlish (yes ... you will have to go and look that word up) responses - young empty headed dimwit!

When you eventually finish school you should get out and about and have a look at the world!

Roobs321

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Sydney Swans GWS CBR United
At this point, chipmunks singing the song would be an improvement.
It actually would. No joke. I'd rather sing their "Flying With the Eagles" from The Chipmunk Adventure (1987) than any West Coast theme song. Sorry, the actual version doesn't seem to be on YouTube, but I own the soundtrack. It is one of the best alternate anthems for the club imo, even if similarly hopelessly 80s.

Carringbush2010

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Everybody bump!

This is too unreal to be real and is fargin hilarious! Everybody keep bumping this thread, comedy gold!

wc will never ever escape this now, their fans are torn between wanting to win and wanting to lose. Win and they have cringe their way through that song, the alternative is losing!

You can't make this shit up! Life just go that much more enjoyable, a gift that will keep giving!

Coronavirus, pffft! will become irrelevant as soon as wc win a game. Ha ha ha ha.

Roobs321

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Sydney Swans GWS CBR United
We plan to have disappointing wins throughout the season. Like leading comfortably and then barely getting over the line in uninspiring fashion. A dispiriting mystery kneecapping each week right before the siren. The more deflated and hollow the better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VicBased

Team Captain
May 3, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Is that the plan?
The plan is, and i have it first hand, that we will win EVERY game!!! The song will then be sung under the "Cone of Silence". This will maximise the "Pissed Offness" of every other supporter wondering what the words really are, and we will Bradbury the cup once again from the Vics. ;)

Carringbush2010

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
The plan is, and i have it first hand, that we will win EVERY game!!! The song will then be sung under the "Cone of Silence". This will maximise the "Pissed Offness" of every other supporter wondering what the words really are, and we will Bradbury the cup once again from the Vics. ;)
Bradbury lol.

situationz

Debutant
Apr 9, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne, Golden State Warriors
If the Eagles win in R1, then just as well there won't be any fans around to hear this monstrosity of a song.

Last edited:

Top Bottom