The West Coast Eagles are changing their team song

Remove this Banner Ad

The most cringeworthy bit was always the "big birds" silliness, and it's still there for some reason.

It's not like Western Australians can't make a good footy song, I really like South Fremantle's and Perth's.

Last edited:

It's a way better song now - it's only the decrepit old timers complaining and the quicker they stay at home with their Zimmer frames the better.

I think this new song is way better than the ridiculous 1930's shanties common to so many of the "old" Vic clubs. It's 2020 not 1920.

So many complainers ... where do they all come from?

"Trying way too hard..." What does that even mean? And why would you care?

"A fighting fury, we're from Tiger land,
In any weather you will see us with a grin
,"

And that's an example of not trying at all! :tearsofjoy:

Melting much? :tearsofjoy:

I could take a dump, slap an eagles sticker on it and you fools would think its the best dump in the world because of the label.

But hey … if your happy with that new song, I'm happy for you, have fun singing it champ, but its still bloody terrible. :poo::D

Couldn’t have happened to a nicer club. It’s theirs now. The fans won‘t want them to win, because when they do, that cringeworthy WA Tourism advert plays. Not suitable as a club song.

whatever lie you need to cling to

fortunately we rarely have to listen to your song

Are Birds of Tokyo the worst Australian band to ever hit the airway? I think yes. They’re horrid.

I admit I don't like the lead singer in this. Sounds soft.

The song just added two verses to the old song......

I'm guessing the boys won't be singing the 'extended cut' after every win.

It more of a marketing jingle now than a team song tbh.

It's a way better song now - it's only the decrepit old timers complaining and the quicker they stay at home with their Zimmer frames the better.

I think this new song is way better than the ridiculous 1930's shanties common to so many of the "old" Vic clubs. It's 2020 not 1920.

So many complainers ... where do they all come from?

"Trying way too hard..." What does that even mean? And why would you care?

"A fighting fury, we're from Tiger land,
In any weather you will see us with a grin
,"

And that's an example of not trying at all! :tearsofjoy:
Not every good song makes a good club song though. I think many people’s problem (including myself) is that it sounds too much like a regular song.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought they might’ve change it to this...

Obeanie1 , I see that coppers were called to the main street in Kalgoorlie where Daniel Kerr was found lying unconscious in a gutter.

Probably just another beat up by the Victorian media...

Last edited:
Melting much? :tearsofjoy:

I could take a dump, slap an eagles sticker on it and you fools would think its the best dump in the world because of the label.

But hey … if your happy with that new song, I'm happy for you, have fun singing it champ, but its still bloody terrible. :poo::D

Row, row, row your boat is not one of my preferred tunes, each to his own.

I thought they might’ve change it to this...

Obeanie1 , I see that coppers were called to the main street in Kalgoorlie where Daniel Kerr was found lying unconscious in a gutter.

Probably just another beat up by the Victorian media...

Don't worry the WA media like beating up stories too about ex footballers if you haven't noticed.

The Vic media likely don't bother about ex Vic club players doing this, it's just a run of the mill story which happens every week so mehhhh!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back