The West Coast Eagles are changing their team song

Remove this Banner Ad

What? Has Jeff Kennett signed on for another 5 years as the Hawks President?

I read a Jeff quote saying the 'family club' has no plans on stepping away from pokies gambling addicts propping up the club.

It will take a steady hand to steer the club through losing its Tas deal, Jeffs that (these days) - big exposure on their Lathlain style development at Dingley:
The Hawks had their Dingley Village home ticked off by Kingston Council and purchased the 28 hectare site in 2016. The project is expected to cost around $130 million.

The Eagles lease Lathlain, the Hawks bought Dingley.

Fox are reporting that the West Coast Eagles are changing their team song, and that 'Birds of Tokyo' have helped develop the new tune.

We'll wait to see how it sounds, but it's not often that an AFL team officially changes their song.

What makes a good footy team song these days?

And here it is:

From a club with "... watch the Bombers fly up" you can't be serious???

You do know that the AFL has moved beyond catering to drunk half-witted blokes who attended the footy to drink copious amounts of beer just to escape their families on the weekend.

The quicker we get rid of the "harden up" and the "bring back the biff" dimwits with their two line songs (good for drunks who can't remember much) - the better off we will all be.
Yeah but you have "It's West Coast magic and it's just beginning" :$
The cringe reaches my bones.

Also managed to completely flatten the best part of the original song "we're the big birds, king of the big game"

The claim the Freo song is the worst in WA is officially redundant as of yesterday. People were laughing their heads off today at work to the point of tears. The crowd will be awkwardly shuffling in their seats when this masterpiece starts up over the speakers.

"let's complain about everything" brigade
v
"let's change everything" brigade ....

Easy decision - "let's change everything" thanks very much!

The grey, dark, bleak world of the "let's complain about everything? No friggin thanks. Anyway, that sounds too much like the dockers for my liking!

Too easy!

The claim the Freo song is the worst in WA is officially redundant as of yesterday. People were laughing their heads off today at work to the point of tears. The crowd will be awkwardly shuffling in their seats when this masterpiece starts up over the speakers.

There's nothing good whatsoever about the Dockers. Those flames and smoke at the start of the game - FFS - what the hell is all that about? And the ACDC thing when they kick a goal - goes well with the complete bogan image.

You're trying too hard.
Lmao getting a soft poprock band to re record a footy song, big ouf. sounds like what a 12 year old envisages a footy song as. Want to meet the dude that ok'd this s**t through. Enjoy coke bois.

edit: listened to it a few times more. it gets more plastic and fake the more you listen to it. Holy s**t this is funny as. What an embarrassment. Plastic club song for a plastic franchise club, guess it suits :drunk: :drunk:

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

There's nothing good whatsoever about the Dockers. Those flames and smoke at the start of the game - FFS - what the hell is all that about? And the ACDC thing when they kick a goal - goes well with the complete bogan image.
Stop being so serious. Have a laugh and cue up the new Eagles disaster. You’ll be rolling on the floor like the rest of the country.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but you have "It's West Coast magic and it's just beginning" :$
The cringe reaches my bones.

Also managed to completely flatten the best part of the original song "we're the big birds, king of the big game"

Must agree - I did like that part.

But I am ok with change as well.

Lmao getting a soft poprock band to re record a footy song, big ouf. sounds like what a 12 year old envisages a footy song as. Want to meet the dude that ok'd this s**t through. Enjoy coke bois.

edit: listened to it a few times more. it gets more plastic and fake the more you listen to it. Holy s**t this is funny as. What an embarrassment. Plastic club song for a plastic franchise club, guess it suits :drunk: :drunk:

"Plastic club song for a plastic franchise club"

If the, "plastic franchise club" had not joined the 'going broke' VFL, your club would have folded - now that would have been very good to watch. A delight indeed.

Alas - we (and Brisbane) came to your rescue by paying "franchise" fees and then promptly kicking the crap out of a number of insolvent Vic clubs in our first year - actually our first victory was over the hapless Tigers - nice.

And by paying "franchise" fees we (and Brisbane) helped the VFL salvage not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, but 7 Vic clubs from being wound up.

"Mr Oakley said the clubs "had some balance sheets that were really pretty disastrous ... it was very close to disappearing as a competition"."

"Of the 11 Victorian Club companies it appears that seven of them are technically insolvent. These clubs are Fitzroy, Geelong, Footscray, Collingwood, Melbourne, North Melbourne and Richmond," he wrote on August 8, 1986."

"Victorian fans can thank Brisbane and West Coast - which joined the competition in 1987 - for effectively saving the league."

Still - all of that probably happened before your were born - no doubt!

Maybe - you could spend some time reading just a smidgeon of history instead of listening to the songs of other teams and yapping and bleating about "plastic franchise" clubs - maybe?

Who ******* asked you?

I thought the video could have done with a bit more product placement

The mighty bin chickens of Tokyo/Laphlain

Only Freo games I watch is Derby's so I can't remember what it sounds like

Remove this Banner Ad

Back