The West Coast Eagles are changing their team song

I sure as merry hell wont be sticking around to sing that song after a win. At least when the Dockers thought of changing their song they had multiple options and put it to a vote. We employ some “brand consultant” who makes choices on behalf of hundreds of thousands of fans. At least give the members a vote ya dills.

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
b6e345471383b30472d9dff2d2613d40.jpg

WTF ???

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
I sure as merry hell wont be sticking around to sing that song after a win. At least when the Dockers thought of changing their song they had multiple options and put it to a vote. We employ some “brand consultant” who makes choices on behalf of hundreds of thousands of fans. At least give the members a vote ya dills.
You will stick around and sing it and you will like it.

Numero Uno

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
The claim the Freo song is the worst in WA is officially redundant as of yesterday. People were laughing their heads off today at work to the point of tears. The crowd will be awkwardly shuffling in their seats when this masterpiece starts up over the speakers.

this from a club that called themselves dockers, has an anchor as its emblem and wears purple
then if this didnt provide the country enough laughter, moved away from its base and relocated in utensil burn

25 years of laughter and counting

cottoneyeYeo

All Australian
Jan 16, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
People obvs didn't hear the players sing the song last season, they have their own version of it they sing with just the opening bit and the chrous following...

Master91

Debutant
Feb 5, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong

Has anyone ever heard an actual recording of this Brisbane song? It's an absolute ripping theme song, would love to find a proper recording of it.

Not that I know of. I think people on here have spent at least 10 years looking for it, nothing doing yet. I seem to recall someone saying that the master tape had disappeared, but I imagine someone has a copy somewhere.

Master91

Debutant
Feb 5, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
Not that I know of. I think people on here have spent at least 10 years looking for it, nothing doing yet. I seem to recall someone saying that the master tape had disappeared, but I imagine someone has a copy somewhere.

They were getting alot right before the merger the bears, would be cool if it surfaced

Has anyone ever heard an actual recording of this Brisbane song? It's an absolute ripping theme song, would love to find a proper recording of it.

For some reason nobody ever held on to any recordings of it. I remember it was on a CD of all club songs released for the Centenary year in 96 but other than that nothing exists on the net other than those clips really. It was a great theme

HardcoreGeelongFan

Club Legend
Dec 31, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
St Kilda
Kudos to them for not trying to look like an established club. They could've went with a 200 year old theme with trumpets and male choirs.. would've been mega cringe

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Don't mind the lyrics tune and instrumentals but they needs different singers and less guitar. You want something to fire you up before a game or belt out after a win not dance to at a music festival

Back