The West Coast Eagles are changing their team song

Remove this Banner Ad

It's nice to sit back as a neutral and watch a few pages of Richmond and West Coast fans at each other's throats.

Ta. Being the only footy team (till freo came along) in a footy state let you become rich and fat. Thats fine, things were a bit more competitive down here.

Thanks for the history lesson though old man boomer. Irrelevant to the thread. Plastic franchise, as i said. Thanks for the cash though.

Old man boomer - seriously. That was a great come back - it's quite obvious that you're one of the more literate and articulate Richmond supporters. ;)

I wonder, do you have something to add other than sledging other posters? Thanks for the churlish (yes ... you will have to go and look that word up) responses - young empty headed dimwit!

When you eventually finish school you should get out and about and have a look at the world!

At this point, chipmunks singing the song would be an improvement.
It actually would. No joke. I'd rather sing their "Flying With the Eagles" from The Chipmunk Adventure (1987) than any West Coast theme song. Sorry, the actual version doesn't seem to be on YouTube, but I own the soundtrack. It is one of the best alternate anthems for the club imo, even if similarly hopelessly 80s.

Everybody bump!

This is too unreal to be real and is fargin hilarious! Everybody keep bumping this thread, comedy gold!

wc will never ever escape this now, their fans are torn between wanting to win and wanting to lose. Win and they have cringe their way through that song, the alternative is losing!

You can't make this s**t up! Life just go that much more enjoyable, a gift that will keep giving!

Coronavirus, pffft! will become irrelevant as soon as wc win a game. Ha ha ha ha.

We plan to have disappointing wins throughout the season. Like leading comfortably and then barely getting over the line in uninspiring fashion. A dispiriting mystery kneecapping each week right before the siren. The more deflated and hollow the better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that the plan?
The plan is, and i have it first hand, that we will win EVERY game!!! The song will then be sung under the "Cone of Silence". This will maximise the "Pissed Offness" of every other supporter wondering what the words really are, and we will Bradbury the cup once again from the Vics. ;)

The plan is, and i have it first hand, that we will win EVERY game!!! The song will then be sung under the "Cone of Silence". This will maximise the "Pissed Offness" of every other supporter wondering what the words really are, and we will Bradbury the cup once again from the Vics. ;)

Bradbury lol.

If the Eagles win in R1, then just as well there won't be any fans around to hear this monstrosity of a song.

Last edited:
The latest version of our song is nothing short of a disgrace. It is shocking.
But here is the problem, people have complained about our song forever and hence why the club keeps trying to change it.
Our first song was good without being great, it was then tweaked and then changed yet again. Why is it that they keep changing it? People keep complaining about it.
For goodness sake it is a footy club song. I have been in bars after Grand Final wins and hearing people sing we're the Eagles and it's bloody great.
Why do people worry about it so much? Because they do we are now left with this shocking rendition of it.
The club will never go back to the very first edition, the Ken Walther edition is the one we all got used to with the "Hey Eagles start to it"
Just go back to that and leave it alone forever. When we win people hang around and clap and sing along to it, it is only once Eagle rock comes on that people quickly head for the turnstiles.
We need to stop looking at trying to replicate one of the famous VFL club songs, we have our song, it is what it is. Just go back to the Ken Walther version.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back