Discussion The West Coast Eagles Guernsey Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I just got my email in regards to my guernseys won at auction.

All of them including muktiple "no name players" so to speak and training jumpers have been delayed til the end of January 2019

So in other words according to the email. They dont have what they auctioned and are ultimately going to be reprinting the jumpers as required.
So will they be 2018 cut or 2019. Will the be 2018 sponsor or 2019.

Are we going to get wha we paid for basically. Eapecially when memory serves me correctly they were listed as used during the 2018 season.

This surely is the worst run department in any organisation.

My aways won't be available until January :(, but I've received my home and clash jumpers, and there are signs of wear on two of them. There are a number of dirty marks on my Lycett clash, and my Jetta home has some loose stitching underneath the collar.

Jack Redden home

PXsNAMv.jpg

Lewis Jetta home

GOnEiZV.jpg

Scott Lycett clash

Oz1OMaY.jpg

Hi all I am new to big footy and have enjoyed reading this thread. I am a long time west coast and wafl collector but only more recently getting jumpers as well. Seems like there are some fine collections out there.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Welcome to the board. Freight Train will be along shortly to seek your pledge of allegiance to the Ochre. In the meantime, please enjoy some coffee and cake in the foyer.

I have received my guernseys as well. Now just waiting on one away one clash and one Home. The latter two are there just awaiting player return from leave for signature. Happy with those I received. A quick look and the training guernseys are all well worn with significant wear to the gps pocket and stains. The homes have neck wear. The stitching is loose on one of the clash jumpers but I found the clash hardest to tell whether worn or not.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can anyone give me a quick 5 minute run down to distinguish a 2015 Away Player Issue from a 2014 one?

I can't even rely on the sizing as both players wore the same size in Puma

Last edited:
I honestly don’t reckon there’s any. Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is maybe check through AFL photos and compare sponsor positioning and the eagle head size? In 2015 the eagle head was really big, maybe it wasn’t so big in 2014??? Unlikely though

Looks like Shuey and Hunter have had some framing done recently.

Nice work by Framers Point (images from their Facebook page).

Luke Shuey's match worn Grand Final jumper

uS8Kc71.jpg

CORVUiR.jpg

ocVeDeh.jpg

Adam Hunter's match worn jumper

A little odd that Hunter would frame a post-2006 jumper with '06 premiership images, especially after he recently got his GF guernsey back (was stolen).

ivsz8Q4.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is odd. Do you reckon maybe it was just a random like us who had it framed, or was it Hunter himself??

Their post reads...

'Always good to see players past and present when they come in to have their game jumpers framed'.

Definitely Hunter.

A bit odd they’ve done a nice job on Shuey’s by following the actual line of the guernsey template when filling it with foam core, but then on Hunter’s they stretch it to fit a straight line, making it look rubbish.

Makes me wonder if it could be his 150th, as he may have worn 2 that game?

But it seems odd to bundle it with GF photos.

Might just be to hang up in his store or something. Last time I spoke to him, he said he had very little left from his playing days.

Last edited:
Shuey! :p

On Hunters, players don't really fuss over details like we do. Hunter didn't get a farewell game due to his injury, so it could be a jumper from his final season, framed with his greatest playing achievement. He also might not want to display his GF either, after what happened last time..

I'm going unsigned and still no sight/communication of mine.

I'm guessing they will be in the same shipment when the 2019 player issues arrive. So if we get to team photo day and still no email/phone call, get worried.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back