Discussion The West Coast Eagles Guernsey Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I see the Club HQ has photo-shopped (poorly) SGIO off the jumpers, in a similar fashion to how they removed Puma from everything the year before.

IMG_7599.jpg IMG_7601.jpg
The strange bit is that they used the Burger logo instead of the word mark they are running with this season.

Also here is a pic of the clash complete with sublimated golf AFL logo.
IMG_7641.jpg

I see the Club HQ has photo-shopped (poorly) SGIO off the jumpers, in a similar fashion to how they removed Puma from everything the year before.

View attachment 623204View attachment 623205
The strange bit is that they used the Burger logo instead of the word mark they are running with this season.

Fun fact: that's the second time they've shopped that Shuey image.

496ff5dca27df3f5655cc8bbe93e2ce0.jpg

Originally a Puma away with Bankwest, they photoshopped ISC, SGiO and the new logo onto it last season, and now they've swapped SGiO for HJ's

Also if you look super close at Sheppard you can still see the corner of the Puma logo on his jock tag

View attachment 623204View attachment 623205

Also here is a pic of the clash complete with sublimated golf AFL logo.
View attachment 623209

that shepherd photoshop is god awful

I’d like to see you two do better.

Speaking as someone that does this for the AFL and VFL for these sorts of shots, I can tell you it’s an absolute prick to take a logo and apply it entirely photo realistically onto fabric.

Give me the West Coast's advertising and promotional budget and I'll give it a crack.

My main points were why spend the money to use a logo that the club themselves were not going to use? (and perhaps from a technical point of view you can answer if the HJs word mark would of been easier to use?) and b) They should of started again with 2018 images instead of just wallpapering over cracks, especially the indigenous.

The average punter isn't going to know or care but, end of the day it keeps the sponsors happy (mind you there must be someone at HJS upset the wrong logo is being used), it's just us with too much spare time and an eye for detail who will really kick up a fuss.

Last edited:

Speaking as someone that does this for the AFL and VFL for these sorts of shots, I can tell you it’s an absolute prick to take a logo and apply it entirely photo realistically onto fabric.
you got me i tried to do it last night and it didn't end up looking the best, you're the GOAT tho

Legit are they employing you to do this? Got any examples?

Legit are they employing you to do this? Got any examples?

yeah man, most recent project I did was for the VFL and their new partnership with Hard Yakka. Had to go through a bunch of promo pics and change all the logos from Peter Jackson to Swisse - glamourous work, I know.

On my phone so just pulling this offline but will post a before and after when I get home.

1F69E224-97E5-4860-8FA5-39FEF09B80D0.jpeg

Hardest work I’ve done was for the women’s league - trying to edit chest sponsors on the female figure can be quite the challenge to keep it looking photorealistic.

Update, and I should probably stop derailing this thread after this, but for the sake of Gibbsy cottoneyeYeo and StevieJ83 - here's a comparison before and after of one I had to do for VFL Womens - had about 50 or so photos to edit for this due to clubs having the wrong guernsey for promotional photos, plus the addition of the Swisse sponsorship.

vflcompare.jpg

This one below was the final year of the Vic Women's comp before the AFLW, and one player (preeeetty sure she plays for Collingwood now?) had been traded during the off-season. Had to manipulate the new guernsey onto her based off flat reference pic. Sure you can tell it's 'shopped, but like, once again you're trying to manipulate three dimensions using only two.

vflcompare2.jpg

Depending on factors such as guernsey colour (how easy can you see the folds in the fabric), material (glossy, matte) and the general nature of the positioning and lighting, it's an absolute prick to get it 100% right with essentially limited resources - that being a 2D photo to adjust a 3D object onto. So in terms of calling it a poor Photoshop, I gotta back the designer and say they did a decent job with what they had. Hell, it's a better job than my above examples.

Back to being on topic, I have no idea why West Coast would just continue to Photoshop old images when they'd surely have no issue financially just getting new shots done.

Hey guy I recently got two Ochres which are both XL but noticed the sizes of the Puma logos were different, why is that? I've tried to search it but I just assume Puma changed size one year. Also how weird is it that Michael Braun signed the jumper twice.

gG3Y59I.jpg
TPIn0n4.jpg
WgSvrBI.jpg
TVN3LeH.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He shouldn’t have signed it at all, he never played in it.

Never noticed Puma printed the cat different sizes across Ochres, good pick up Munners
Thanks :) I've tried my best to name all of the signatures and it had Peter Matera, Andrew Williams and Brent Tuckey who left at the end of 2002. Nicoski and Staker who joined in 2003 and Humm who signed as number 8 which he became in 2003.

The woman I got it from got it in a nursing home raffle or something similar as she worked there. It was framed and sat in a shed until a divorce made her clear out.

So did anyone else with the same players' Home and Clash notice the numbers are different sized as well?

Looks to me like all three jumpers - Home, Away, & Clash all have different sized and placed numbers.

When I had both Mastens, the numbers were exactly the same. Single digits were never really an issue though. Ford went through the number and figured out which were small and which were normal, and it seemed completely random. Not sure why they can make say the 23 normal sized, but can’t get the 25 correct?? It’s just odd.

For anyone interested, I have the following measurements of a "2" across all 3 jumpers;

Home: 275mm tall
Away: 240mm tall
Clash: 265mm tall

Weird. Is the away the small number version, or the later ones that were slightly bigger?

Unsure, was a new one from the Gala auctions produced after the GF. I assume they would produce the latest version they had on file, but you never know with WCE or ISC.

Pretty sure my away has the small numbers, which is weird cause it’s definitley be a new ordered one too? Do we know for sure they corrected them later in the season?? Plenty of players still had stupid small numbers in the GF (Gov, Hurn, Darling, Lycett) wonder why they’d not use the corrected ones of the were available later in the season?

The away remakes at end of season were still made with small numbers where applicable. So they just had the existing artwork file and pressed ‘print’, they didn’t change anything.

Confirmed small number aways: 20, 22, 25, 27, 29, 32, 45

Confirmed normal size number aways: 1-19, 21, 23, 24, 26, 28, 30, 31, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 41, 44, 46

Any number not listed I haven’t seen so can’t confirm. Almost seems random which numbers were printed small, since they printed all homes with proper numbers there’s no reason any away guernseys had to have smaller numbers. Even if you say the base of the numerals might determine how big they could be (eg 22 has a wide base so needs to be smaller) that rule wouldn’t apply to 27 which has a smaller size base but was still printed small.

ISC is just such a shitshow.

So StevieJ83 you say your number 2 on your away double digit measures at 240mm, yet I measure my number 2, double digit number, and it measures 245mm. So do we assume that the small number guernseys, still don't have the same size numbers? Just varying sizes, of small numbers? Surely it's not hard to get it right, and the same across the board? Puma never seemed to struggle with this? Seems like footy jumper printing 101?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back