The West Is Ours

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 10, 2004
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
49ers, Liverpool
Seems to be the slogan the club is running with this year.
I like it. For a while our club has sat back and been too timid for my liking. Time to ruffle some feathers.
But if they are doing this kind of branding off the field, we better hope we can back it up on the field... Being that it is pretty much a direct challenge to the purple mob down the road. At least it might spice up the derbies a little, they have been bland for a while now.

What do people think?

I think it's dumb

The west is ours

So what. It's a national comp

Sure it picks a fight down the road but they've owned us for years now so it's a hollow claim anyway

We gotta stop looking over our shoulder and concentrate on the other 16 clubs in the competition.

Terrible slogan.

Good slogan.
I think it's dumb

The west is ours

So what. It's a national comp

Sure it picks a fight down the road but they've owned us for years now so it's a hollow claim anyway
Freo have been terrible for most of their existence, they're still the little brother.

Looks like a subtle dig at Freo to say even though they have been better the last couple of years we are still the states preferred team.

Is this the official slogan though? I haven't heard it before

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like a subtle dig at Freo to say even though they have been better the last couple of years we are still the states preferred team.

Is this the official slogan though? I haven't heard it before

http://www.wcemembership.com.au/
And I saw it in a WCE employees email in their footer message.

If not the 100% official slogan for the year, it still looks like they are using it quite a bit.

Having a slogan like that is asking to be mocked.
Yeah I agree, reeks of the Freo of yesteryear... too busy focussing on the local rival. They have eclipsed us as a footy club, and they have a better club board to boot. We're stuck with the same recruiters, the same boys club etc. The only thing stopping them from overtaking us supporter-wise is that they haven't won anything significant... yet.

I think the derbies will be ours, this year- both of them. That's how good i'm feeling about 2015.
Wish I could share your optimism. The truth is though they beat us both times this year playing average footy in both games... a ten minute burst of good footy in each derby this year was enough to sink us both times.

I like it because the west IS ours. All those fair weather freo supporters will leave like rats from a sinking ship when we finish above them on the ladder again. Either this year or the next, but hoping this is the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back