The West vs The West Coast Eagles Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

People do understand the West has been owned for a while now by the Herald Sun. It was trash to begin with but has reached new levels of click bait s**t and print articles designed to make people angry.

It’s not owned by the Herald Sun. It’s owned by Seven Media. It might have the same look and feel as the Hun but it’s Kerry Stokes ultimately responsible for the crap it puts out.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Clearly they didn’t want it to be public knowledge after 10 rounds but it’s out there now. I don’t really understand why the club wouldn’t come out and say something more substantive. Like, yes we’ll be encouraging Simmo to recharge over the offseason given the well-understood pressures on senior coaches etc, but we back him in. But this is the kind of communication we’ve come to expect from the club

There's some fickle "supporters" who would then say oh Adam's already planning his Hawaiian getaway, taken his eyes off the situation, coasting along waiting for his holiday why doesn't he focus on winning games. The rhetoric would be unbearable.

These conversations are for behind closed doors at this point in the season. We haven't even hit the bye.

I actually thought the club might have leaked this info within the club trying to flush out a rat. But that will depend if the spokesperson who revealed it was talking anonymously or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know this year was awful with injuries but I have a feeling that next year in 2023 we'll turn it around.
Thats what we said last year...about this year.
In fairness that's what Ochre said this year, about this year...
Back To The Future Film GIF

Close thread. Who even reads the West. It was relevant 30 years ago when it was delivered and on your breakfast table because pops paid the coin. Paywalled now and I’d be surprised if they have a large subscriber base.

Nobody gives a * mate. Go your hardest.
I.just found it amusing.
Nah, banter aside I intended to post every single post that contains anything of the current war between the West and the Eagles - I just got lazy.

The megathread that wasn’t

Remove this Banner Ad

Back