Current The Western Australian Current Trials Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was his odd behaviour that drew their attention i.e. being seen in the area offering lifts to people after the well publicised incidents. The thing is LW had been doing this for some time and locals knew it.

As far as I've been led to believe he was never seen stalking females.

If he was cruising the streets looking for women to offer a lift to (behaviour of CSK) out of fear for their safety which implies obviously also keeping an eye on them, following, trailing or watching ... think we're splitting hairs. If he decides to pursue WApol over it and I hope he does, we'll get more detail.

If he was cruising the streets looking for women to offer a lift to (behaviour of CSK) out of fear for their safety which implies obviously also keeping an eye on them, following, trailing or watching ... think we're splitting hairs. If he decides to pursue WApol over it and I hope he does, we'll get more detail.

Why do you keep mentioning offering lifts to females? Did they make up 100% of the people he offered lifts to or in fact gave lifts too?

He didn't cruise the streets to offer lifts to females.....he cruised the streets and offered lifts to people. There is a massive different in behaviour

Why do you keep mentioning offering lifts to females? Did they make up 100% of the people he offered lifts to or in fact gave lifts too?

He didn't cruise the streets to offer lifts to females.....he cruised the streets and offered lifts to people. There is a massive different in behaviour

I keep mentioning lifts to females because it's women he generally offered lifts to and it's in context, so what if he gave lifts to men as well? That's not what brought him under police attention.

What bought him under police attention was the pattern of his behaviour in the Claremont area. That was driving in the same pattern for hours late at night and in the early hours. Police inserted undercover officers to elicit a contact. In fact the female police officer had to make the approach to LW and ask him for directions and he then offered her a lift to which she accepted. As has been stated she panicked when he took a deviation off of what she thought was the correct path of travel, he was questioned about it and they had to let him walk when it was obvious that the route he took her on would have taken them to the destination that she advised she wanted to go to.

He was well known to locals and many have made comments across various forms of media that LW had offered and in some instances given them lifts out of Claremont late at night.

Anyway back to the point that you made which was of the effect that LW and BRE were of similar ilk and recognised each other etc. etc. If this were true LW would have offered up this info to Macro at some point over the decade they made his life a living hell.

So while your narrative would make for an excellent story it simply isn't accurate.....IMO only of course

What bought him under police attention was the pattern of his behaviour in the Claremont area. That was driving in the same pattern for hours late at night and in the early hours. Police inserted undercover officers to elicit a contact. In fact the female police officer had to make the approach to LW and ask him for directions and he then offered her a lift to which she accepted. As has been stated she panicked when he took a deviation off of what she thought was the correct path of travel, he was questioned about it and they had to let him walk when it was obvious that the route he took her on would have taken them to the destination that she advised she wanted to go to.

He was well known to locals and many have made comments across various forms of media that LW had offered and in some instances given them lifts out of Claremont late at night.

Anyway back to the point that you made which was of the effect that LW and BRE were of similar ilk and recognised each other etc. etc. If this were true LW would have offered up this info to Macro at some point over the decade they made his life a living hell.

So while your narrative would make for an excellent story it simply isn't accurate.....IMO only of course

How do you know LW would have offered info up to Macro? And how do you know that he didn't say something along the lines of "Well, there is this guy in a Telstra van". Police thinking they had their man, I can imagine how that might go down.

I've read several different versions of your narrative on LW and am keeping an open mind not trusting everything the press prints.

Last edited:
Look LW has absolutely nothing to do with the Claremont killings. I thought everyone who has ever had any interest in this case could see this. I know WAPOL have.

If WAPOL could have charged LW with anything they would have, such was their desperation for a conviction/arrest in this case and the eggs were firmly entrenched in one basket.

Seriously though LW shouldn't be anywhere near this discussion other than to say that he was wrongly accused of heinous crimes that he played absolutely no part in.

Look LW has absolutely nothing to do with the Claremont killings. I thought everyone who has ever had any interest in this case could see this. I know WAPOL have.

If WAPOL could have charged LW with anything they would have, such was their desperation for a conviction/arrest in this case and the eggs were firmly entrenched in one basket.

Seriously though LW shouldn't be anywhere near this discussion other than to say that he was wrongly accused of heinous crimes that he played absolutely no part in.

I've already said I don't believe LW is the CSK and he should sue. And please, don't mod and try to shut me down because what I'm exploring makes you uncomfortable.

The investigation is still ongoing and as far as I'm aware, BRE hasn't been convicted as yet he hasn't even entered a plea so imo LW is relevant even if he hasn't done anything wrong.

I've already said I don't believe LW is the CSK and he should sue. And please, don't mod and try to shut me down because what I'm exploring makes you uncomfortable.

I don't feel uncomfortable....I just find it incredible. Some of the stuff (theories/opinions) you've come up with here and on other forums in regards to this case beggars belief.

This thread still going?

According to news the trial will cost 1.5 mil. If it does indeed go before a jury, I'd be surprised if many of the jurors are employed in a full time capacity.

This thread still going?

According to news the trial will cost 1.5 mil. If it does indeed go before a jury, I'd be surprised if many of the jurors are employed in a full time capacity.

Still going but not for long I imagine Craigos. I heard they needed an extra $1.5 million just to get the trial off the ground and the lab is howling for money as well. BRE might do the system a favour and opt for trial by Judge only because by the time Rayney has finished they might be completely broke.

Didn't he have a fire arm in the vehicle as well?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if LW doesn't want to go to court as there is court privilege. It's strange otherwise but consistent with his past representations.

I'm not sure LW's been officially declared as no longer being a POI, only cleared of JR and CG's murder on DNA evidence but the investigation is still ongoing ... far as I'm aware?

Didn't he have a fire arm in the vehicle as well?

I haven't ever seen this reported to the best of my knowledge. I'm sure he would have faced a charge if that was the case.

This piece from news.com.au interviewing Bret Christian pretty much sums up everything you need to know about LW. BC has been pretty much the most accurate reporter of these crimes from day dot.

One of the men that was under the police microscope was Lance Williams, a middle-aged WA junior public servant.

Mr Christian said he lived with his parents and was not in a relationship, and liked to drive around at night.

“He was one of the sad, lonely types,” Mr Christian told news.com.au.

Mr Williams was picked up by WA police in a sting operation, where female police officers would dress as party girls and wait to see if they would be offered a lift.

One night, in 1997, Mr Williams was stopped at traffic lights, and one of the undercover officers approached the window and asked him where the bus stop was.

“He told her ‘you’ll never get a bus this time of night’ and offered her a lift,” Mr Christian said.

“She was wired and Williams dropped her off three or four kilometres down the road and that was it, police thought ‘he’s the bloke picking girls up’ and they became more and more convinced he fit the profile of the killer, which turns out to be all complete bulls*** of course.”

Mr Christian said police kept a close eye on Mr Williams for two years, and was still interested in him for another 10 years after that.

“They never let up really, he was always on their radar,” Mr Christian said. “They just hounded him and ruined his life basically.

I haven't ever seen this reported to the best of my knowledge. I'm sure he would have faced a charge if that was the case.

This piece from news.com.au interviewing Bret Christian pretty much sums up everything you need to know about LW. BC has been pretty much the most accurate reporter of these crimes from day dot.

One of the men that was under the police microscope was Lance Williams, a middle-aged WA junior public servant.

Mr Christian said he lived with his parents and was not in a relationship, and liked to drive around at night.

“He was one of the sad, lonely types,” Mr Christian told news.com.au.

Mr Williams was picked up by WA police in a sting operation, where female police officers would dress as party girls and wait to see if they would be offered a lift.

One night, in 1997, Mr Williams was stopped at traffic lights, and one of the undercover officers approached the window and asked him where the bus stop was.

“He told her ‘you’ll never get a bus this time of night’ and offered her a lift,” Mr Christian said.

“She was wired and Williams dropped her off three or four kilometres down the road and that was it, police thought ‘he’s the bloke picking girls up’ and they became more and more convinced he fit the profile of the killer, which turns out to be all complete bulls*** of course.”

Mr Christian said police kept a close eye on Mr Williams for two years, and was still interested in him for another 10 years after that.

“They never let up really, he was always on their radar,” Mr Christian said. “They just hounded him and ruined his life basically.

The police officer panicked and called for back up. A long arm weapon (assume a cut off .22) was found under or on the side of his seat.

I suspect it was the weapon and cartridges that the police locked on to "their man" rather than something he said or a wrong turn.

Oh and I'm not sure if it is illegal to carry a licences fire arm in a car. Assuming proper purpose could be explained.

So LW was driving around the same pattern in the very early am night after night for no reason. Sounds legit. And if a girl needed a lift he'd be happy to give her one. How did he know they needed a lift, were they hitching or did he stop to ask when he saw them walking along the footpath or maybe in a phone box phoning for a cab? BTW I'm not suggesting he was the CSK but I doubt his intentions were 100% good.

I read that as well, a longarm under the drivers seat. I can't imagine it being easy to handle in a car so ..... not sure how that would work.
So whats the charge for a firearm in a vehicle cruisin the streets?

I think it was LW at uni with Cutler

Last edited:
Not sure carrying a weapon in your car under the seat circling the block stalking women is legal.

If you're doing blockies in fear for womens safety, offering them lifts and you have a registered firearm under the seat or on the floor in the back and you haven't brandished the thing at anybody .. I don't think there is a charge.

Last edited:
If you're doing blockies in fear for womens safety, offering them lifts and you have a registered firearm under the seat or on the floor in the back and you haven't brandished the thing at anybody .. I don't think there is a charge.

Doin blockies with a registered firearm in the car when 3 women have been abducted in suspected, you are looking at some healthy questioning.

If there is other crime associated with the vehicle, there maybe other firearm charges.

As Debbie Marshall said, LW was extremely talented blockie. This was not something he started when the murders happened. Criminals always have a cover story.

Just to be clear.....regulations are not the Firearms Act. The Act is Firearms Act 1973.

Not sure carrying a weapon in your car under the seat circling the block stalking women is legal.

There is a charge under the criminal code for going armed in public to cause fear. Section 68 or there about

If the police did in fact find him with a firearm (yet to be linked to evidence of this) then I'm sure he would have been charged. You need to remember that for a decade Macro thought he was the guy. The charge carries a potential 7 year prison term. People honestly think that Macro pulled over a person who gave a lift to an undercover officer armed and let him walk??

Just to be clear.....regulations are not the Firearms Act. The Act is Firearms Act 1973.

There is a charge under the criminal code for going armed in public to cause fear. Section 68 or there about

If the police did in fact find him with a firearm (yet to be linked to evidence of this) then I'm sure he would have been charged. You need to remember that for a decade Macro thought he was the guy. The charge carries a potential 7 year prison term. People honestly think that Macro pulled over a person who gave a lift to an undercover officer armed and let him walk??

I'd be surprised if the police would have allowed the CSK documentary to release false facts about a case that would one day be heard in court.

Watch from the 48 minute mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back