Preview The Western Bulldogs Brownlow Thread 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Fyfe was a deserved medallist in my opinion. I had him as the winner.

Congrats to Bont and Macrae and also Dunks. Honestly think Macrae was given too many. Very good and very consistent but rarely had him better than Bont or Dunkley. Well deserved though as he has probably been robbed a fair few votes over the journey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL Fyfe went to Aquinas Colege in Perth. I taught there 30 years ago. Hated the posh, snobby, arrogant boys and teachers. Glad to come back to Melbourne after one year.

Classic case of two guys with no one else on their team any good ( Fyfe and Cripps) vs a bunch of double acts ( Danger/Kelly, Neale/Zorko, Bont/Macrae, Grundy/Treloar).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Neale leaving Freo actually cleared the way for Fyfe to win.

Classic case of two guys with no one else on their team any good ( Fyfe and Cripps) vs a bunch of double acts ( Danger/Kelly, Neale/Zorko, Bont/Macrae, Grundy/Treloar).

Surely ours is a triple act.

Bont probably just missed a couple of votes media gave him. Fyfe favoured more by umpires than media by a fair amount. Cripps in a losing side better than a winning side in umpires eyes - media values wins more than umpires this year.

We took Christian Howard before the Fyfe selection. Hmm

If we took Fyfe we would’ve won too many games in 2012 and 2013 and missed out on Bontempelli and Macrae. Well done Simon Dalrymple for thinking so far ahead

Congrats to Jake stringer for taking until round 19 to overtake Josh Schache on the Brownlow leaderboard for 2019

equal 128th in the Brownlow with Bailey Dale. Out polled by six bulldogs players. Wouldn’t have won our goal kicking, in fact only kicked one more goal than a 19 year old in his first year as a forward (that 19 year old polled more Brownlow votes). Pinch hit in the midfield but averages 12 touches a game. Only polled votes in one game.

there’s a reason stringer was worth only two second rounders above his off field stuff. For all the talent, he’s just not that good. Don’t @ me Essendon supporters, we gave you charity there and you are still a 13% worse side. We’ve played finals, bottomed out, made finals again, won a flag, bottomed out and rebuilt and we’ve overtaken you all before you’ve won one final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back