Mega Thread The Western Bulldogs - The Sack Macca saga

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had the coffee with Minno, coons and Montgomery
Minno and coons very worried now that Macca has gone the expectations on their performances next year are too high as everyone blames them for Macca leaving
Montgomery says if he is coach he will help lower expectations for them

I think it has all been decided - they just have tell Gordon and garlic

Had the coffee with Minno, coons and Montgomery
Minno and coons very worried now that Macca has gone the expectations on their performances next year are too high as everyone blames them for Macca leaving
Montgomery says if he is coach he will help lower expectations for them

I think it has all been decided - they just have tell Gordon and garlic

Dude, you're going crazy. Just look at your last 100 or so posts. You've got to the point where MattDougie is walking away from a fight with you in pity because he finds you too obsessed. Think about that.

Go to a movie or something. Honestly, we're all family here. Look after yourself.

Dude, you're going crazy. Just look at your last 100 or so posts. You've got to the point where MattDougie is walking away from a fight with you in pity because he finds you too obsessed. Think about that.

Go to a movie or something. Honestly, we're all family here. Look after yourself.
I bought into Macca's vision for 3 years
I saw it destroyed by incompetance and bloody mindedness
I will not let up to ensure the best possible outcome from this disaster
I want the rats removed
I want someone with authoritah to finish the job
And the only thing that gives me any pleasure is knowing that the rat players have just beset upon themselves the mother of all attention from the media and supporters
If we get the coach right - not some Minson Cooney lackey - Macca's spirit and vision will continue

Did you notice the quick campaign to install Montgomery into our minds - not so easy
Or another mate West
Na na we going to get someone who will finish the job - put the foot to the throat and never let up

To the rescue:

authoritah_zpsd4cfe6d1.gif

I want the rats removed
And the only thing that gives me any pleasure is knowing that the rat players have just beset upon themselves the mother of all attention from the media and supporters
If we get the coach right - not some Minson Cooney lackey - Macca's spirit and vision will continue

Did you notice the quick campaign to install Montgomery into our minds - not so easy
Or another mate West
Na na we going to get someone who will finish the job - put the foot to the throat and never let up
Great post !

I want the rats removed

Or another mate West

I hope so.

Do the players realise that if they fail now they can't blame anyone else? (Older ones I mean).

Will put me off going to the footy because I'd love to give them a spray when they deserve it now, only trouble is the youngsters are there too and they don't deserve it.

I hope so.

Do the players realise that if they fail now they can't blame anyone else? (Older ones I mean).

Will put me off going to the footy because I'd love to give them a spray when they deserve it now, only trouble is the youngsters are there too and they don't deserve it.
Don't they? Where's the evidence they weren't complicit in this?

Don't they? Where's the evidence they weren't complicit in this?

Well I haven't done any forensics down there, but in case you missed the news this week the captain wants out and the coach has resigned and from all reports it was because the older players resented being ignored by the coach while he concentrated most of his efforts on the younger ones.....:rolleyes:

Well I haven't done any forensics down there, but in case you missed the news this week the captain wants out and the coach has resigned and from all reports it was because the older players resented being ignored by the coach while he concentrated most of his efforts on the younger ones.....:rolleyes:
Is that actually true or only what's been accepted as truth from Bigfooty groupthink?
It is fairly obvious that the older guys played a big part. However what isn't obvious is the role of the younger players.
Unless you actually know you are just guessing and no amount of sarcasm will change that.

I want the rats removed

Or another mate West

I completely agree with the sentiment of getting the right hard-ass coach from outside the club to continue with the kind of vision Macca espoused (even if he couldn't execute it himself). And I bet even many of the Macca haters here would agree with Macca's vision. The knock on him was that he was out of his depth and couldn't pull it off - not that people thought that what he said sounded bad.

But the thing is, posting endless bitter, angry rants about Will Minson here is not going to get that done. Unfortunately we are powerless right now - we just have to wait and hope that the club does the right thing

For all we know, Gordo might agree with all the above too (apart from the incompetence bit probably ;) ). Hopefully we find out that's the case in the next fortnight.

I completely agree with the sentiment of getting the right hard-ass coach from outside the club to continue with the kind of vision Macca espoused (even if he couldn't execute it himself). And I bet even many of the Macca haters here would agree with Macca's vision. The knock on him was that he was out of his depth and couldn't pull it off - not that people thought that what he said sounded bad.

But the thing is, posting endless bitter, angry rants about Will Minson here is not going to get that done. Unfortunately we are powerless right now - we just have to wait and hope that the club does the right thing

For all we know, Gordo might agree with all the above too (apart from the incompetence bit probably ;) ). Hopefully we find out that's the case in the next fortnight.

Well done good sir you actually get what we were trying to say, no problem with the path just a driver that couldn't get there

I tip my hat to you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that actually true or only what's been accepted as truth from Bigfooty groupthink?
It is fairly obvious that the older guys played a big part. However what isn't obvious is the role of the younger players.
Unless you actually know you are just guessing and no amount of sarcasm will change that.

You might be right, but I don't understand the point you're trying to make.

Maple was apparently out of his depth
Worst coach in Australia reported by players he coached
Won the vfl grand final this year
Had Joel Corey in the box with him
Ask Joel what he thinks of Macca

No this sacking is one big SOOK
I forgot Joel Corey is the sole holder of all football coaching knowledge.
Or is it Scarlett?
Is it just those from Geelong?

Failed at 2 clubs, no AFL experience in 10 years, maybe he's found his level.

I'm not saying we get him but he has a 54% winning record and coached in a grand final, losing to an all time great team. Never got the ultimate success so perhaps, yes he failed but his record isn't bad. Certainly a much better record then Voss who so many seem keen on

I want the rats removed

Or another mate West
Sorry for you me and the club, we got sold a dud 3 years ago.
All the other stuff you've written I didn't see clearly evident given the little to no improvement in those 3 years.

What was different in Macca's vision from any other coach we've had?
Vision and being able to execute it are vastly different.

Any chance we can have a separate thread for whining and sniping so the rest of us can discuss coaching?

That is of course if it is possible to find a coach that fits our criteria which, if recent history tells us anything, is highly unlikely. We have a recent history of culling coaches mid season from player revolts, with the exception of Eade who simply wasn't offered a new contract.
To me that is symptomatic of coaching "group" issues at the club as opposed to simply one person's faults (noting that B-Mac did have his faults).

Both Eade & B-Mac in the wash-up seemed to have been dragged into duties that should have been far beyond the scope of a senior coach - is it time, before we find a senior coach, to reassess what we actually want our senior coach to do?

Can I ask what all this Minson picking the coach you have spouted ad nauseum is based on?

Pure inability to accept that some picked the wrong pony and backed him to the hilt.

Then inability to come on here and admit they were incorrect.

I am finding it amusing now that many are now attacking their targets with more venom than I ever went at Macca with and if I called them a job supporter or troll or etc they would have a fit.

I never had a personal issue with Macca jut said the bloke can't coach and due to that(and only that) we was a cancer to the club.

Now "the other side" is attacking all and sundry to their loyalty, personality, faith, truthfulness, ability, honesty and so on and so on.

They attack the anti Maccas saying we have caused this and can't see the vision and blah blah.

There is only ONE FACT that's when you put all the rubbish aside is still important.

MACCA CANT COACH

If he could he wouldn't have lost the players.
Wouldn't have had to ask them for more cause he would have got more.
Wouldn't have had to bring other coaches in to so his major jobs.
Wouldn't have had his captain shaft him.
Wouldn't have lost a huge % of supporters.
And wouldn't have lost his bloody job

Any chance we can have a separate thread for whining and sniping so the rest of us can discuss coaching?

That is of course if it is possible to find a coach that fits our criteria which, if recent history tells us anything, is highly unlikely. We have a recent history of culling coaches mid season from player revolts, with the exception of Eade who simply wasn't offered a new contract.
To me that is symptomatic of coaching "group" issues at the club as opposed to simply one person's faults (noting that B-Mac did have his faults).

Both Eade & B-Mac in the wash-up seemed to have been dragged into duties that should have been far beyond the scope of a senior coach - is it time, before we find a senior coach, to reassess what we actually want our senior coach to do?

Why do we not hire a Eade or Balme type in the roles they are in at their clubs?

Seems a great help to their coaches and frees them of many of the day to day cr@p they shouldn't be dealing with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back