Mega Thread The Western Bulldogs - The Sack Macca saga

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know as much you do.
Again, how is it soft for a player who isn't enjoying he football, probably depressed, loves the club, wasn't being listened to and leaving for less money to a non contender, its more other way around.
There were problems but they stem from a poor coach and some poor admin decison.

False

Give the mutinous treachery of his senior crew 7 wins was a great achievement
Had Minson and friends stayed on board 10 or more was getable
But whilst the wolrd knows Macca to be very competent
Minson and friends found him intolerable
Minson who can't kick, can't mark , Minson who will never ever be as good as he was under Macca in 2013
There is the irony Griffen will never have a season like 2013
It goes on and on
Oh but he lost them

No we lost him

We lost Macca

We did not deserve him

wow macca jihadist scary
its over yeb thats all
over

Gordon on TripleM....

"We had the best, if not one of the bets development coaches in the league coach us over the last 3 years and he did a terrific job."
"If we were to make that decision today we would appoint him coach of our VFL side"
*not word for word but the tone is correct

Will post a podcast if I can find it later.
Said alot of things about the coach - sounded somewhat familair with alot of posts in this thread over time.

Gordon on TripleM....

"We had the best, if not one of the bets development coaches in the league coach us over the last 3 years and he did a terrific job."
"If we were to make that decision today we would appoint him coach of our VFL side"
*not word for word but the tone is correct

Will post a podcast if I can find it later.
Said alot of things about the coach - sounded somewhat familair with alot of posts in this thread over time.
Absolutely - yet anyone actually saying that having a development coach during a development phase was often derided as a delusion B-Mac disciple/kool aid drinker.

In any case, he's gone and it looks like a whole host of senior players might be going with him - as galling as it will be for a few of the anti-Macca crew, we are now back to a firm development phase with the list (and despite what some imply, the quality of a list does impact on the on field performance).

Yep even I don't believe the bs he is leaving for less cash.

Maybe next year but after that he will get some love I'm sure
Mattdougie,

You mentioned in another thread that you have had a chat with a couple of players. From what you understand why was Macca sacked?

"Poor communication" doesn't cut it for me for 2 reasons.

1. It a pretty easy problem to address within any organisation.
2. It is a very vague definition of a problem and can mean many things.

Whats your feel for what happened?

Mattdougie,

You mentioned in another thread that you have had a chat with a couple of players. From what you understand why was Macca sacked?

"Poor communication" doesn't cut it for me for 2 reasons.

1. It a pretty easy problem to address within any organisation.
2. It is a very vague definition of a problem and can mean many things.

Whats your feel for what happened?

Mate they have told me more what hasn't happened as to what has

My opinion is he lost a large group of the players old and young

I know as much you do.
Again, how is it soft for a player who isn't enjoying he football, probably depressed, loves the club, wasn't being listened to and leaving for less money to a non contender, its more other way around.
There were problems but they stem from a poor coach and some poor admin decison.
I agree it's much to simplistic to call players soft, but still, their unwillingness to accept change did not help anyone, and Griffen's actions were still wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My "facts" have been proven to be pretty good haven't they :)

Can you do me a favour and check up with your sources and get back to me with the following FACTS

1. TattsLotto numbers for Saturday night
2. Winner of Caulfield Cup, Cox Plate and Melbourne Cup

Thanks muchly

Can you do me a favour and check up with your sources and get back to me with the following FACTS

1. TattsLotto numbers for Saturday night
2. Winner of Caulfield Cup, Cox Plate and Melbourne Cup

Thanks muchly

1. Nope I'm keeping them to myself

2. I'd rather masturbate with a cheese grater than watch horse racing :)

What are these flogs that have continuously bagged Macca for 3 years do next year when we finish last?

How long till the knives come out then?

Might just be begging for him to come back.

Lol

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 10
What is interesting is that for a great communicator, teacher, people person bmac could make such a monumental error in his choice of captain.

A guy who was being pumped up for the growth in his leadership qualities, ready to take on the role whilst in reality he was an introvert who wanted to be left alone to play the game.

Incredible choice as the face of the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back