The Western United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

darko

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Western Melbourne FC would be my pick out of that bunch.

Probably in minority here but they should be called Western Suburbs. There's a local team Western Suburbs but can't see that being an issue.

Westside Pride sounds like the name of a 90s boy band.

Yep, and it'd be full of white guys pretending to be black throwing up the "W" hand sign.

This new club is cooked before it starts if this ends up being the name.

Western Melbourne FC is maybe the best of a really, really, ******* really horrific bunch of names.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Poll is open https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entert...ONNsNPD6q1_OgSHxQlYzT_EmsdmIGke2nDVoUOQPnKHjY

Westside Pride for the win!

tupac_west_side.jpg

tryitout

All Australian
Jan 11, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Western Melbourne Warriors? I mean, come on. These people realise there's a team called Western Sydney Wanderers?

Western Melbourne Warriors vs Western Sydney Wanderers.

The funny thing for me is they've pitched themself as not another Melbourne team but seem to really want Melbourne in the name, even though their home ground is going to be 40 km's or so away from Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Catoggio76

All Australian
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
By "West Melbourne", they are referring to Johannesburg, South Africa.

The bid is a scam, Probuild, who want to build the stadium (ex Socceroo Andrew Zinni is Director at Probuild) are actually owned by South African mob WBHO Pty Ltd.

Story gets better, WBHO won a $1.7 Billion dollar "Public Private Partnership" to build the roads around Tarneit stadium.

The soccer bid is merely a front.

Jo'burg Stock Exchange (WBHO Probuild Link): https://www.wbho.co.za/about-us/

(WBHO wins PPP to Build Tarneit Roads) https://www.dtf.vic.gov.au/partnerships-victoria-ppp-projects/western-roads-upgrade

Dec 30, 2003
Melbourne western region
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs / Willy / Palace
Western Melbourne Warriors - describes where the team is based, rolls easier off the tongue. Hate contrived names like "Western Pride".

Yes I do support the "Western Bulldogs" in the AFL and am not a big fan of it after 23 years. Tell everyone I support the "Bulldogs".

Nov 27, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Western Melbourne Warriors - describes where the team is based, rolls easier off the tongue. Hate contrived names like "Western Pride".

Yes I do support the "Western Bulldogs" in the AFL and am not a big fan of it after 23 years. Tell everyone I support the "Bulldogs".

North Geelong Warriors won’t let them have it.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Dont mind the colours, something a bit different.

Not huge on the name but it was the best of the bunch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back