Prediction The westerns will completely discombobulate the reigning premers

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
Rance? Ha what a joke. Shacky will push him aside and kick goals at will. Chopsticks: brownlow medallist in a soft year. McCrae would have won the brownlow this year if not for injury. Step aside Cotchin, Toby Mclean is about to make you his bitch. Mr Brightside? Naughton is going to make you cry. Snags? Crozier will give you a few snags to the kidney. We have never lost to these pretenders under Bevo and we won't be starting now. Trengove to kick 10.

HatefulFaithfulIlladopsis-size_restricted.gif

Rance? Ha what a joke. Shacky will push him aside and kick goals at will. Chopsticks: brownlow medallist in a soft year. McCrae would have won the brownlow this year if not for injury. Step aside Cotchin, Toby Mclean is about to make you his bitch. Mr Brightside? Naughton is going to make you cry. Snags? Crozier will give you a few snags to the kidney. We have never lost to these pretenders under Bevo and we won't be starting now. Trengove to kick 10.
The discombobulation is back! Abandon hope all you toofless tiggers!

Even from here I can smell the pungent whiff of Punt Road fear.

EDIT:
Love the passing salute to topdog69, Scrag. :thumbsu:
May he RIP and contentment.

In 1973 dogs beat tigers in last round by a point at the G. Left Richmond on 17 wins and they went on to be premiers.

In 1974 dogs beat tigers at western oval by 7 points in the last round. Left Richmond on 17 wins and they went back to back.

Get on a dogs win with Richmond premiership double.

In 1973 dogs beat tigers in last round by a point at the G. Left Richmond on 17 wins and they went on to be premiers.

In 1974 dogs beat tigers at western oval by 7 points in the last round. Left Richmond on 17 wins and they went back to back.

Does that also mean that if we don't beat they wont win the flag? Well now I don't know what to hope for!

Does that also mean that if we don't beat they wont win the flag? Well now I don't know what to hope for!
Alas no. In 1969 when we finished second last we played Richmond in the final round and they thrashed us 154-64. It was enough to ensure fourth spot in the final four as it was in those days. They went on to win all three of their finals beating Geelong 167-49, minor premiers Collingwood 107-81 in the prelim and Carlton 85-60 in the GF.

A magnificent final four games unmatched in probably any season ... until 2016.

Alas no. In 1969 when we finished second last we played Richmond in the final round and they thrashed us 154-64. It was enough to ensure fourth spot in the final four as it was in those days. They went on to win all three of their finals beating Geelong 167-49, minor premiers Collingwood 107-81 in the prelim and Carlton 85-60 in the GF.

A magnificent final four games unmatched in probably any season ... until 2016.
Thanks dogwatch. Good to know that we can barrack hard for a win, given that empirical evidence suggests that those plagiarists are flag bound whatever we do.

... somewhere, an American-accented supporter is sobbing...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was there that day, it was Robert Rose's last game before his tragic accident. Also it was Thorpey's last with us before he transferred to the Tiggers.

I also note that we had 44 handballs for the day, they had 39. Game changed much :shoutyoldman:

I remember as we were leaving the stadium there was a gang of pissed off Tigers supporters had a guy on the ground and they were smashing into him with fists, boots and beer cans (you could still buy cans and even take your own beer into the ground then). Just a normal day at the G.

Dogs by 14 goals (the amount of letters in discombobulate). Winx, Dogs, Dutton all up, ka-ching

Last edited:
Im gonna put BrisDogs house on it then.
Shane Terrence Biggs was not familiar with such ‘humble abodes’ as he wandered down the steps of Brisdog’s post-war, timber cladded ‘renovators delight’ the morning after. Toby had showered and left as soon as he could. Last night needed to be put in the back of Toby’s mind as soon as possible, just like Shiggsy’s 12 kick/10 turnover game against Lions the previous evening. Toby Warren McLean has experienced Shiggy spraying the pill in the depths of defence, but never dreamed of ‘3 times’ Shane spraying it in Brisdog’s recently painted ‘Sportsmans’ room...

Last edited:
I almost got to the end without reacting, but actually chuckled at "Trengove to kick 10". You should post this on the bay :thumbsu:

Both of those wins were huge upsets, too. In 1973, the Dogs also beat Carlton in Round 21. So they beat the Premiers and Runners up in the last two games of the season in 1973. Coach: Bob Rose.

I was there that day, it was Robert Rose's last game before his tragic accident. Also it was Thorpey's last with us before he transferred to the Tiggers.

I also note that we had 44 handballs for the day, they had 39. Game changed much :shoutyoldman:

I remember as we were leaving the stadium there was a gang of pissed off Tigers supporters had a guy on the ground and they were smashing into him with fists, boots and beer cans (you could still buy cans and even take your own beer into the ground then). Just a normal day at the G.

Dogs by 14 goals (the amount of letters in discombobulate). Winx, Dogs, Dutton all up, ka-ching
this is not completely correct and I want to make sure young folk here dont get the wrong idea. There was a 24 can limit for BYO at the G.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back