Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Just for me and Marlowe.

No, kidding, you're all invited. Chat about the TV and movies you're loving right now.

Currently towards the second episode of Fargo.

Maybe I'm spoiling myself recently, recently finished Breaking Bad, Mad Men (my favourite) and Game Of Thrones are in spectacular runs...

I'm not digging this one thus far. It seems to be catering to me, I love Billy Bob Thornton (Bad Santa is my second favourite XMas movie), love the Coen brothers, it's got Martin Freeman, Bob Odenkirk, Glenn f***ing Howerton is in this episode as is Oliver Platt...

I know I'm behind. Please, someone, tell me this gets better. It feels like it was created with me in mind.

Not saying it's terrible, it's completely watchable, but have I maybe sold it short with expectation?

I'm stuck into watching every episode of Seinfeld in order. Just got past The Soup Nazi. It's all ******* brilliant.

Apart from that I've managed to get around the country restriction and get myself a Netflix account, so I'm also dabbling in Bob's Burgers, a bunch of ESPN 30 for 30's, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and last night I found they've got every episode of Digimon so I relived my childhood a little bit.

I've had a lot of free time.

I'm stuck into watching every episode of Seinfeld in order. Just got past The Soup Nazi. It's all ******* brilliant.

Apart from that I've managed to get around the country restriction and get myself a Netflix account, so I'm also dabbling in Bob's Burgers, a bunch of ESPN 30 for 30's, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and last night I found they've got every episode of Digimon so I relived my childhood a little bit.

I've had a lot of free time.
Favourite Seinfeld episode?

For me, the absolute most perfect episode of Seinfeld was 'The Comeback'.

All four characters storylines properly nailed it.

George and the jerk store.

Jerry and the tennis instructor.

Elaine and Vincent.

Kramer and his coma fears.

Perfect.

Just finished Rick and Morty. Thanks to some flog for suggesting such good viewing.

Have started South Park from the start and watched the first 2 seasons. I have watched heaps of it just not all of it.

Currently working myself into GoT and finished entourage and Californication maybe 2~ months ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me, the absolute most perfect episode of Seinfeld was 'The Comeback'.

All four characters storylines properly nailed it.

George and the jerk store.

Jerry and the tennis instructor.

Elaine and Vincent.

Kramer and his coma fears.

Perfect.
That's why I love Bizarro Jerry.
Jerry dates man hands, Elaine befriends Kevin who turns out to be Jerry's opposite, Kramer works at Brandt/Leland (without actually really working there) and George tries to enter the forbidden city. I just love the way their individual story lines entwined together.

Just finished Rick and Morty. Thanks to some flog for suggesting such good viewing.

Have started South Park from the start and watched the first 2 seasons. I have watched heaps of it just not all of it.

Currently working myself into GoT and finished entourage and Californication maybe 2~ months ago.

Have you ever seen Arrested Development?

That was said flogs next suggestion...

That's why I love Bizarro Jerry.
Jerry dates man hands, Elaine befriends Kevin who turns out to be Jerry's opposite, Kramer works at Brandt/Leland (without actually really working there) and George tries to enter the forbidden city. I just love the way their individual story lines entwined together.

It is a great episode, paid.

Maybe the other true perfect one, where each story nails it, is 'The Merv Griffin Show'. Maybe moreso, the way Kramer's arc brings it all together.

Have you ever seen Arrested Development?

That was said flogs next suggestion...
I haven't no but I do enjoy watching Seinfeld re runs on mate each night.

Oh f***.

Arrested Development NOW.

And then, again.
Ok ok settle down I will get to it.

Also, Rick and Morty is AMAZING!!!
It has a lot of sly humour which I love personally one of my favourite quotes is
Jerry: “I wish that shotgun was my penis.” Beth: “If it was, you could call me Ernest Hemingway.”

I seriously had to pause it to laugh so I didn't miss anything.

In the past month I have finished re-watching Curb Your Enthusiasm, Arrested Development, Black Books, I.T Crowd and now currently back on the Office.

Superb.

I have to say, I never really got the IT Crowd thing, I just find Richard Ayoade so forced and painful but at the same time it worked for him magnificently in Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.

And Black Books... so good. Considering I got my username from there, I have to say so.

It was the best episode too. The cleaner. "Right now I'm eating scrambled eggs, with a comb, from a shoe!". Then the wine subplot. Perfect.

Superb.

I have to say, I never really got the IT Crowd thing, I just find Richard Ayoade so forced and painful but at the same time it worked for him magnificently in Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.

And Black Books... so good. Considering I got my username from there, I have to say so.

It was the best episode too. The cleaner. "Right now I'm eating scrambled eggs, with a comb, from a shoe!". Then the wine subplot. Perfect.

The difference between IT Crowd and Black Books is that there's not one bad or skipable episode of Black Books while the IT crowd has a few pretty poor episodes.

Have to agree with you on the Mr Cleaner episode as the best one. I always lose my s**t to this scene:

Bernard: No one is willing to admit that wine doesn't actually have a taste.
Manny: Of course you can't taste anything, you smoke eighty bajillion cigarettes a day. What's that?
Bernard: What?
Manny: What's that you're eating?
Bernard: It's some sort of delicious biscuit.
Manny: It's a coaster.
Bernard: Is it? Are there any more?

If I ever owned a shop I would behave like Bernard Black.

Ok ok settle down I will get to it.

It has a lot of sly humour which I love personally one of my favourite quotes is
Jerry: “I wish that shotgun was my penis.” Beth: “If it was, you could call me Ernest Hemingway.”

I seriously had to pause it to laugh so I didn't miss anything.

This guy had me...

tumblr_n2z8gvHxJD1twc22ho1_250.gif

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back