The "What Are You Watching?" Thread

Finished the third season of AP Bio. Maybe the most underrated sitcom currently on TV? Was shocked it even got a third season, to be honest. Thought it quietly last year. I am not saying it's amazing and maybe it's gotten TOO wholesome for its own good, but it has a real charm and Howerton is as good as here as he has been on Sunny. There's an episode this season that pushes a TV structural trope in a way I haven't seen since the first Community clip show.

b0dc4e3861d7f698b21ca249b368bbab--it-crowd-laughter.jpg

Binge-watching this. This episode is one of the best ones XD

Decided to give Cougar Town a try after being inundated with references via Community for years and finding Ted Lasso to be such a pleasant surprise.

Finding Cougar Town to also be a pleasant surprise. It's mostly just people drinking wine and ripping on each other. There are no standout moments or episodes, at least so far two seasons in. But the whole show feels of a piece and is the definition of comfort TV. A level or three below Community but perhaps a level above Schitt's Creek (or three levels above Modern Family).

Also watching the new season of Archer which is the best it's been in years.

You've been raving about Ted Lasso, Marlowe?

Two episodes in. My god. Instant investment.

It's nice to see Jason Sudeikis shine. Just about everyone else from that era of SNL got their own show.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
It's nice to see Jason Sudeikis shine. Just about everyone else from that era of SNL got their own show.

TBH I thought it was an NFL show and I figured he'd be a jerk.

Then you give me a fish out of water nicest guy ever coaching a premier league side... plus the most sympathetic "villain" I've ever seen. I hope it stays nice. Great so far. Not everything needs to be cynical.

Then you give me a fish out of water nicest guy ever coaching a premier league side... plus the most sympathetic "villain" I've ever seen. I hope it stays nice. Great so far. Not everything needs to be cynical.

I was surprised by how wholesome and positive it is, too. He's like a more witty and street wise Ned Flanders.

And if anything, it gets nicer once some of the other characters start bonding on their own.

A breath of fresh in 2020.

I was surprised by how wholesome and positive it is, too. He's like a more witty and street wise Ned Flanders.

And if anything, it gets nicer once some of the other characters start bonding on their own.

A breath of fresh in 2020.

In to mock how little Americans know about ‘soccer’ (they claim Craven Cottage is Goodison Park), stayed because it’s an amazing show. Agree, it’s so wholesome.

In to mock how little Americans know about ‘soccer’ (they claim Craven Cottage is Goodison Park), stayed because it’s an amazing show. Agree, it’s so wholesome.
Like in Point Break when Utah walks from Torquay shops down a cliff to Bells Beach...

Nah mate. It’s 5km away.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors

I thought it was funny that Crystal Palace was their first opponent playing at "home".

Think I might start this tonight.

Back