NMFC4LIFE

Team Captain
May 9, 2008
wallan
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea,MVFC,Seahawks
Pretty self explanatory thread, mine would be john butler trio very hooked on them since I bought the grand national album wasn't much of a fan before them but they have grown on me quite a bit :thumbsu:

I've had "Truth" by Robben Ford in my car cd player for the past 10 days. Whenever I get bored or angry with SEN, 3AW or 927 (which is often), on it goes. 11 tracks, 8 'boomers'. Great guitar, excellent backing band, mostly good blues/rock songs (with just the slightest touch of jazz).

I didn't inflict it on my passengers when we went to the pie night or the Dome on Sunday;).

im really in a 90's rock phase atm. Prob trying to relive my teen years lol. Bands like everclear, gin blossoms, goo goo dolls, fuel

im really in a 90's rock phase atm. Prob trying to relive my teen years lol. Bands like everclear, gin blossoms, goo goo dolls, fuel
Huge Fuel fan often reminds me of a harder tinged version on the goo goo dolls it's a very unique sound that they present :thumbsu:

Bon Jovi:
It's My Life
Living on a Prayer
You Give love a Bad Name
I'll be there for you

Also DJ Tiesto- Silence goes good.

My recently acquired "Truckstops and Tabletops", by Holeshot (the music from "Blokesworld"), and the CD which hasn't left my car's CD player for ages, "The Cream and the Crock", by our favourite son boner and band, You Am I. Also in there are Kaiser Chiefs CD's, the latest B52's CD, music from "Underbelly" and a couple of others I haven't played for a while.

Like Mr Reliable, the second a subject comes on SEN which shits me, or I'm just plain peaved about the opinions being spouted, on goes the CD.

T'toes

My recently acquired "Truckstops and Tabletops", by Holeshot (the music from "Blokesworld"), and the CD which hasn't left my car's CD player for ages, "The Cream and the Crock", by our favourite son boner and band, You Am I. Also in there are Kaiser Chiefs CD's, the latest B52's CD, music from "Underbelly" and a couple of others I haven't played for a while.

Like Mr Reliable, the second a subject comes on SEN which shits me, or I'm just plain peaved about the opinions being spouted, on goes the CD.

T'toes
You Am I are in heavy rotation in my colection atm aswell there's something about berlin chair that really gets the blood pumping :thumbsu:

You Am I are in heavy rotation in my colection atm aswell there's something about berlin chair that really gets the blood pumping :thumbsu:

Spot on! After the emotion of the Roo-sistence Gig last year as well, hearing it now educes the same passion and emotion of that amazing night. I hear it and wanna charge through a brick wall (not a good idea when you're listening in your car either).

T'toes

Anything by Queens of the Stone Age

Anything by Elliott Smith

Anything by Electric Wizard

Nebula- To The Center

The Vines- Melodia

Beck- Modern Guilt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

-Flight of the conchords
-A few Mamas & Papas songs - especially Creeque Alley - since I watched a documentary on them last wek
-Hunters & Collectors - Human Frailty
-Nirvana - Hormoaning
-My Chemical Romance - from a few different albums

I keep trying these weird new bands you kids seem to like, so far the only ones I've kept on rotation are Interpol. Bloody old I am. :thumbsdown:

-Flight of the conchords
-A few Mamas & Papas songs - especially Creeque Alley - since I watched a documentary on them last wek
-Hunters & Collectors - Human Frailty
-Nirvana - Hormoaning
-My Chemical Romance - from a few different albums

I keep trying these weird new bands you kids seem to like, so far the only ones I've kept on rotation are Interpol. Bloody old I am. :thumbsdown:
It's ok roobear liking flight of the conchords automatically cool :thumbsu: then again people that actually like the conchords are few and far between lol ok item 1 on the agenda bret needs a haircut, but why murray? well you need more of a rockstar look, I mean it's ridiculous bret you can't expect to be like a rockstar if you dont look like one, did you put him up to this jermaine? :D

The Hold Steady....

This thread is playing out like some weird, music-related version of Six Degrees of Separation.

(The Six Degrees of Clay Aiken ??)

Here's what was stacked in the 'recently been listening to' pile next to the stereo.....

The Hold Steady - "Stay Positive"
Pinback - "Autumn Of The Seraphs"
The Long Winters - "Putting The Days To Bed"
Portastatic - "Bright Ideas"
The Pigeon Detectives - "Emergency"
Viva Voce - "Loves You"
The Chap - "Ham"
KRS-One - "Best Of KRS-One"
Tamas Wells - "Two Years In April"
Okkervil River - "Black Sheep Boy"
The Liquor Giants - "Back In A Flash"

You're like the advanced copy of Richard Kingsmill's Ipod playlist TOD.

I'm too lazy to reach for the new/breaking artist stuff now- give me a new Hellacopters/ Turbonegro/ Stax record compilation and I'm a happy man.

Note to self- MUST RIP OFF OTHER IPODS.

I'm too lazy to reach for the new/breaking artist stuff now- give me a new Hellacopters/ Turbonegro/ Stax record compilation and I'm a happy man.

Kingsmill is quality. Really enjoy his work.

Ain't nothing wrong with The Hellacopters and Turbonegro.

Or Stax compilations either, for that matter.

Ah yes, ripping other peoples Ipods. The program 'Senuti' is possibly the coolest gadget known to tigharsed music fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back