Opinion The "What would Ben Jacobs do if Sheils got subbed off" thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
After hearing Dermott Brereton ask possibly the most ridiculous question i think i have ever heard by a paid sports commentator i have racked my brain for some possible answers-

Have a Smoko break?
1384832121_jaycutler-copy.jpg

Toast some marshmallows maybe?
roastingmarshmallow.jpg

or even a spot of chess?
1271_fit512.jpg

interested on anybody else’s suggestions/

Fair to say Dermie isn't "all there" with some of the s**t he throws up sometimes.

He still thinks he's the greatest mind in football though so I guess that's all that matters (to him)

I managed to tune Dermott out by that stage. I think Fox Footy errs by partnering him with a play-by-play caller who allows him too much scope. If he was given only a few seconds to provide special comments, he would not vomit out so much rot.

Do you reckon both Huddo and Brad Johnson gave each other a sideways glance and smirk while Dermott was making this comment?

Do you reckon both Huddo and Brad Johnson gave each other a sideways glance and smirk while Dermott was making this comment?

yep, and the little comment by huddo after that was funny....
"hed go on treloar wouldnt he"

yep, and the little comment by huddo after that was funny....
"hed go on treloar wouldnt he"
Yep, great reply by Huddo followed by a bumbling Derm "Oh Oh it would give the coaches something to think about." Suprised he wasn't still talking about Cameron throwing Thompson's mouth guard. He dragged that out for a good 5 minutes.

Yep, great reply by Huddo followed by a bumbling Derm "Oh Oh it would give the coaches something to think about." Suprised he wasn't still talking about Cameron throwing Thompson's mouth guard. He dragged that out for a good 5 minutes.
There was actually about a 3 minute period there in the lasy quarter when they just blatently stopped calling the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brereton is a blight on any TV coverage he is a part of. Has been a vocal LT hater for many years too.

Have heard a strong rumour he carries a cup with his picture on it to catch his own dribble, so he can re-use it on his cereal each morning.

I was listening to music while I watched the game. It is surprisingly relaxing to watch us stumble and bumble along (at times) and unleash some brilliant passages (at times), without having to listen to the idiot commentators either telling me what I can already see with my own eyes, or talk complete s**t.

Recommended.

On the topic, it doesn't surprise me that Derwent would say that. He's only 1/10th as clever as he thinks he is.

Was probably one of the most insane comments he has made and he has made a few, wasn't he the one that suggested we should let GC score a goal in the wet game where we couldn't get out of our defensive 50? As soon as they scored a goal they won a clearance and went back into our defensive 50.

Was probably one of the most insane comments he has made and he has made a few, wasn't he the one that suggested we should let GC score a goal in the wet game where we couldn't get out of our defensive 50? As soon as they scored a goal they won a clearance and went back into our defensive 50.
IIRC, that was Richo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back