Roast The whats giving you the shits about the club thread- negatives only :P

so whats been shitting you off about the swans in general, yep we all love them, but what are you sick of seeing from them, what are they doing wrong, what dont you want to see again, what do you want to vent about without people getting the shits about the venting

I hate how they don't come to Adelaide twice a year... Although that's more an AFL issue so the club is forgiven. ( F**k you AFL! )

Arent we meant to play 6 *en games in melbourne too?

Kapanis

Cancelled
Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Come on King, we're all pissed off about the exit but s**t happens, teams lose. Starting to get embarrassing to be honest. If you wanna call me a tosser etc go for it. Your not the only fan who's pissed off.

Come on King, we're all pissed off about the exit but s**t happens, teams lose. Starting to get embarrassing to be honest. If you wanna call me a tosser etc go for it. Your not the only fan who's pissed off.

Lol its just a thread, dont read it if you dont like it

Im sure it will end up in the off topic when people complain

The only thing is the inexplicable meltdowns that happen every year. They aren't even like "oh they played at 80% and that wasn't enough" it's more like 30%.

Other than that we have a damn good team with a few rough patches like everyone else.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Not sure if I'll lose any little credibility I have posting on this thread but here goes.
What shits me is that just as I was accepting that we were crap this year after a 0 & 6 start, enabling me to start thinking about all the possibilities we would have with pick 1, 2 or 3 in tne draft, the players started pulling their fingers out winning games in amazing fashion, thus snuffi g out any chance we had of finally picking up some real top end talent.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
I've never liked that they tell the media who's playing, what position they're playing and how they expect them to play. May as well give the opposition our blueprint!

The Gong

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Northern Districts Tigers
I miss the Bloods. The 2005 premiership side weren't the most talented list but they played like their lives depended on winning and it was still there to some extent in 2012. We've had an extremely talented list for a few years now but we've lost the mongrel that was our calling card. Bring back that mongrel. It's that ruthless streak that Hawthorn had that made them such a great side.

sydneyrpremiers

Draftee
Apr 28, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Two things. The swans are never talked about in the media, they say oh typical good swans and that's it. When they do it is always the exact same stuff.

Also, our game plans are so rigid and we never do anything different tactically. There are no surprise moves. If things are bad we put reid as a loose back and thats it. We will just continually bomb into our forward line without any forwards there and turn the ball over without changing anything during the game

TripleB

Club Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I rarely get into criticising the club, but one thing that has pissed me off this week is the media stories from Hanners, Parker et al how they are proud the way they got themselves back into the finals blah, blah. It's almost as if they think it was another lot of blokes playing in the first 6 rounds and then they all came back to the club and rescued things. Newsflash fellas, it was YOU that ****ed up the 1st 6 rounds and I for one don't believe the season was a success.

At the start of the year I thought we would challenge again, certainly make a prelim, so for me this season has been terribly disappointing but the club wants me to believe it was great season because of our comeback. * that....

brad cooper

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
This has nothing to do with the swans but more big footy, i am so sick of that NAB add continually popping up when im logged in trying to enjoy a footy debate/argument/discussion. Will never bank with them.

I hate the media actually seem to have little idea about us

And that is a positive at times they can be over valuing us

It's hard to get decent swans analysis

There's a really good blog about the swans.

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
Not sure if I'll lose any little credibility I have posting on this thread but here goes.
What shits me is that just as I was accepting that we were crap this year after a 0 & 6 start, enabling me to start thinking about all the possibilities we would have with pick 1, 2 or 3 in tne draft, the players started pulling their fingers out winning games in amazing fashion, thus snuffi g out any chance we had of finally picking up some real top end talent.
With you on this.

Rana_swans

Debutant
Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
AFL Club
Sydney
Watched the 2012 finals highlights and was great to see Goodes, Morton, Mal, LRT and an x-factor in Jetta. Hate it that our current team doesnt have anymore x factors that can turn a game except Buddy. We should get a Betts or Rioli type small, fast and tricky forward.

Teaser_

Team Captain
Jun 6, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sth Melbourne, Blood-Stained Angels
I reckon The King! is great, and this thread is exactly what is needed. More cynicism. Less sucking up. A footy club is not a church, it doesn't run on faith... i.e., it's OK to criticise.... it doesn't mean we aren't True Bloods :(

Watched the 2012 finals highlights and was great to see Goodes, Morton, Mal, LRT and an x-factor in Jetta. Hate it that our current team doesnt have anymore x factors that can turn a game except Buddy. We should get a Betts or Rioli type small, fast and tricky forward.
Like Paps?

Back