Opinion The "What's X/Y Player worth" thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Michael Hibberd could be the most like to leave. the Lions need running defenders what would he be worth
Haven't heard anything about Howlett either

Michael Hibberd could be the most like to leave. the Lions need running defenders what would he be worth
Heh. From what I've heard Howlett and Myers (big offer from WC) are the most likely to leave. Hibberd is unlikely.

What would GWS want for Jonathon Patton? Can see him being squeezed out and would think they need a shed load of points for their academy picks.

Good question. Depends how he fares coming back from his injury

Possibly the worst call I've seen you make.
I was hoping for late second/early 3rd.

I stand by it. SnV is way too vinegary. However RRD Sea Salt and Balsamic Vinegar is pure class.

Mason Wood? Bloke is a genuine gun at VFL level and hasn't exactly disgraced himself at AFL level either.
Woods an interesting one. If it weren't for Our settled forward line in Brown, Petrie, Waite he'd be playing consistently week in week out. I'd say mid/ high second rounder

Woods an interesting one. If it weren't for Our settled forward line in Brown, Petrie, Waite he'd be playing consistently week in week out. I'd say mid/ high second rounder
Hm. I really like him as a talent but he's played less than 10 games still. I'd be hoping to work something like 20 for Wood and ~33

Hm. I really like him as a talent but he's played less than 10 games still. I'd be hoping to work something like 20 for Wood and ~33
20 would get him hands down but surely you blokes would keep that pick, unless you could get a better option with it?

20 would get him hands down but surely you blokes would keep that pick, unless you could get a better option with it?
Our biggest need is a KPF. Wood is that. I wouldn't want to trade it straight up but if we can get a downgrade on it we can get the player we need whilst not giving up a top 40 pick.

What about Trent Dumont or Lachie Hansen at the Roos.. struggling to get games down at Arden St.
Hansen I think will be on the move, second rounder should get the job done quite comfortably, no real fringe players from Richmond I'd be too keen on.

Dumont I hope to all hell the club is clever enough to rotate him into the side for some more action, screams footballer. If he were to go, it would be a difficult say to what he's worth. Hansens more likely to be a target.

Our biggest need is a KPF. Wood is that. I wouldn't want to trade it straight up but if we can get a downgrade on it we can get the player we need whilst not giving up a top 40 pick.
Our second round pick looks like itll end up in the 30s so whether that's too large a gap for you guys I'm not sure. It probably is. North would be reluctant to part with wood given that drew is on the verge of retirement, so it'll be a case of who wants it more. We'll have to see how much game time wood gets and whether he's satisfied to continue being a 20-25 player at north or a best 22 elsewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worth more to me/us than what many clubs would be willing to pay. I wouldn't accept anything over pick 20 for him, Not many clubs would offer that. I see him as one of the better rebounding HBflankers in the comp.

Worth more to me/us than what many clubs would be willing to pay. I wouldn't accept anything over pick 20 for him, Not many clubs would offer that. I see him as one of the better rebounding HBflankers in the comp.
I think a top 20 pick is overplaying for him was probably thinking a second rounder I'd rather just continue to develop our own running defenders Cutler and Paparone both look good enough for now

What would GWS want for Jonathon Patton? Can see him being squeezed out and would think they need a shed load of points for their academy picks.
I'd have to say that I'd be surprised if squeezed out. With Lobb developing as second ruckman, I reckon the forward line of Jezza, General & Lobb works for LC. No-one really putting enough pressure on - Tommo, Stewart, in a few years Himmelberg are back-ups & future options but Patton will be given time to get his confidence back. If Patton decides he wants to return to Melbourne, again I'd be surprised (seemed really appreciative of club support when he did his second knee) but I think that GWS would make it happen and take unders. Reckon we'd want a first round, but a late first or combination of picks for points value would end up acceptable. (I would think that GWS will only take 3 or 4 academy picks again this year, covering losses as required but still need to reduce the list, so there's not a lot of pressure to gain points.)

What is Jake Stringer worth? I heard someone on the main board saying he is worth draft picks 1, 2 and 3. Combined. LOL.

What is Jake Stringer worth? I heard someone on the main board saying he is worth draft picks 1, 2 and 3. Combined. LOL.

He's worth a lot but not that much. Probably worth a tad less than what Hogan is and Demons wouldn't give him up without two good first rounders at a minimum

Probably top 5 pick

Depends who wants him.

Draft order based on today's ladder.

1 Freo
2 Essendon
3 Brisbane
4 Richmond
5 Carlton

6 Collingwood (pick forfeited to GWS)
7 St Kilda
8 Port
9 Gold Coast
10 Melbourne

Bolded are potential suitors, assuming he wouldn't want to leave West Coast who are going OK in Perth to join a non-Victorian side in the bottom 8.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back