Opinion The "What's X/Y Player worth" thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What is Jake Stringer worth? I heard someone on the main board saying he is worth draft picks 1, 2 and 3. Combined. LOL.
Incorrect. Said I'd be willing to give up 1/2/3 for him, not all three you *.

The "/" have always meant "or", not "and".
Still having an 'either' before the numbers would have made sense.
...And no, it does not 'always' mean 'or'. A Grade 5 'and' 6 class in school is written like this: 5/6.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given he's contracted, I don't see us giving him up for a second rounder. Another case of being worth more to his current club than he would be to others.

I'd be willing to overpay for him, really do think he will be a good player. I'd probably add a player to that.

As you said though his worth is probably more to the lions than what teams would offer.

Watts is a free agent so it will depend on what a team is willing to pay 2nd round pick for Melbourne would be my guess can't see anyone offering anymore than $500'000
Tom MacDonald would get Melbourne a pick between 15-25

Yeah but he is a restricted free agent ala Dangerfield, dont think Dees would let him walk for a second rounder. Roos has a very high opinion of him.

Yeah but he is a restricted free agent ala Dangerfield, dont think Dees would let him walk for a second rounder. Roos has a very high opinion of him.
Roos won't be at the club next year though yeah they may match the bid can't see anyone give more than a second round pick for Watts though meaning he'll stay at Melbourne

Roos won't be at the club next year though yeah they may match the bid can't see anyone give more than a second round pick for Watts though meaning he'll stay at Melbourne

I appreciate he wont be there in an official capacity, but Roos and Choco Williams wrote the book on wheeling and dealing at trade time, I have a feeling he loves that side of the business and he may stay distantly involved as an "advisor - mentor" ... think he will try to help try and finish what he started.

On Watts - awesome club person, loved by the players .... but has been much maligned by many fans at the Demons who have even aired their grievances at games. I also think Jack will look past that & stay a Demon. But its interesting to get a general opinion on what he is worth.

Cheers :thumbsu:

Our biggest need is a KPF. Wood is that. I wouldn't want to trade it straight up but if we can get a downgrade on it we can get the player we need whilst not giving up a top 40 pick.

He wont be traded, I wouldn't be surprised to see him play the next 10-15 games.

He's a jet, he's capable of 15-20p/2 goals a game imo.

He wont be traded, I wouldn't be surprised to see him play the next 10-15 games.

He's a jet, he's capable of 15-20p/2 goals a game imo.
You might not have a say in the matter. He's out of contract, plays AFL every second week and could get a better deal elsewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back