Opinion The "What's X/Y Player worth" thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw this happen a couple of years ago but somehow couldn't find it on search, saves from clogging up other threads and creating new threads just asking how much said player is worth.

As an example, what do people think Tim Broomhead is worth? Out of contract, has showed promising signs but never gone out and killed a game in the seniors, and has never really found a hole heap of it in the reserves either.

Josh Bruce OOC. I expect him to re-sign at StKilda but for interests sake what's his value?

What is Brad Crouch and Jaeger O'Meara worth?
Depends on what happens with O'Meara's body this year IMO. He's suffered a pretty serious injury and there are doubts on whether he'll be the same. But if he plays the whole season and plays well I think GC will be asking for two first round picks for him, maybe with something coming back, depending on the picks.

What is Brad Crouch and Jaeger O'Meara worth?

Assuming O'Meara comes back, he is worth a minimum if a top 3 selection and a lower first rounder.

Crouch would be worth a top 10 selection

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whitfield? Prestia?

As a bonus - Hogan if he were OOC?

Whitfield- probably in the 5-15 range depending on his season this year.
Prestia- A top 10 selection + a mid-late 2nd.
Hogan- 2 first rounders (with one being a top 3 pick)

Genuine question:

Hogan. End of '16 with a year to play.

Pick 1-3 (in one year) + another first rounder + change. Would be up there with the highest trade in AFL history if he were to be traded.

Lachie Neale and 2 first round picks (this year and future)
That'd go pretty close you'd think, although I reckon we'd ask for even more - probably one of those picks to be moved up into the top 10. So Freo would have to somehow trade up and then give up all of that.

Still not worth it though :(

That'd go pretty close you'd think, although I reckon we'd ask for even more - probably one of those picks to be moved up into the top 10. So Freo would have to somehow trade up and then give up all of that.

Still not worth it though :(

If rumours of Neale wanting to go home are true. Is there anyone from Port or the Crows that you like?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back