Opinion The "What's X/Y Player worth" thread

Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Port would ask for west coasts pick 48 for ah chee. If west coast had that pick tied up elsewhere and honestly could not do anything about that and ah chee asked to go we would likely just send him off for a nothing pick but our ask would be that pick 48 and I think west Coast would do it straight off the bat.

Impey is contracted and teams are circling him as opposed to port looking to offload him. Pick 40 would be the extreme extreme low end of his value. I think hawthorns pick 32, Geelong pick 33 or dogs picks 26 (or 28 if they get that in from dons) are going to be what's on the table for impey from day one. Don't see Port even returning phone calls for any less.

I think the Eagles would be crazy to do it straight off the bat. Surely they would at least try to negotiate a better outcome?

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think the Eagles would be crazy to do it straight off the bat. Surely they would at least try to negotiate a better outcome?

Their next best pick is one that wouldn't even be used.

Port would ask for a usable pick if you have one. If west Coast have the choice out of pick 48 or ah chee in this draft they would take ah chee. They may not do it straight away if they think they will obtain another usable pick they could then offer but if they don't have anything else in the works they would do it and move on. West coasts 4th rounder in the 60s or whatever it is has no more value than ports 7th rounder.

Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Their next best pick is one that wouldn't even be used.

Port would ask for a usable pick if you have one. If west Coast have the choice out of pick 48 or ah chee in this draft they would take ah chee. They may not do it straight away if they think they will obtain another usable pick they could then offer but if they don't have anything else in the works they would do it and move on. West coasts 4th rounder in the 60s or whatever it is has no more value than ports 7th rounder.

I think we would push to get him for our 4th (basically a token pick).

Historically, players who have played 27 games in 6 years (or whatever it is) don't get traded for picks in the 40s.

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Whats Liam Jones worth now in the trade market??
A packet of Cheese Twisties or a packet of Cheese & Onion Crisps and Roast Chicken Crisps. I'll keep my Chicken Twisties and Salt & Vinegar Crisps, thank you very much.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think we would push to get him for our 4th (basically a token pick).

Historically, players who have played 27 games in 6 years (or whatever it is) don't get traded for picks in the 40s.

You may be right

And port may let him go for a token pick, just because we have other stuff to do and ah chee is a nice guy and we will just help him.

But historically guys who guy for nothing picks don't have the upside of ah chee , historically those picks in the 40's are worth a lot more than what they are in this draft,

Historically those guys traded for nothing picks don't have 3 suitors after them like ah chee is rumoured , nor a quote from the club saying he is a required player

And referring value of picks in the 40's when you are talking about pick 48 is misleading enough much less when you are talking about a weak draft when free agency is going to push that pick out to 51-53.

So let's call it what it is. A pick in the 50's in a weak draft.

Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
You may be right

And port may let him go for a token pick, just because we have other stuff to do and ah chee is a nice guy and we will just help him.

But historically guys who guy for nothing picks don't have the upside of ah chee , historically those picks in the 40's are worth a lot more than what they are in this draft,

Historically those guys traded for nothing picks don't have 3 suitors after them like ah chee is rumoured , nor a quote from the club saying he is a required player

And referring value of picks in the 40's when you are talking about pick 48 is misleading enough much less when you are talking about a weak draft when free agency is going to push that pick out to 51-53.

So let's call it what it is. A pick in the 50's in a weak draft.

Let's agree to disagree. We aren't that far off.

I wouldn't be blown away if we gave up our third. I just think it's not as likely as him going for something of less value.

With the news that Geelong is looking at moving on up to 10 players, I'm speculating that some of the below might be available for trade. What are these guys worth?

Rhys Stanley
Mark Blicavs
Sam Menegola
Jordan Murdoch
Cam Guthrie
George Horlin-Smith
Jackson Thurlow
Darcy Lang
Jake Kolodjashnij

There are others I expect may be traded/delisted but none have any real worth (Black, Ruggles etc)

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
With the news that Geelong is looking at moving on up to 10 players, I'm speculating that some of the below might be available for trade. What are these guys worth?

Rhys Stanley
Mark Blicavs
Sam Menegola
Jordan Murdoch
Cam Guthrie
George Horlin-Smith
Jackson Thurlow
Darcy Lang
Jake Kolodjashnij

There are others I expect may be traded/delisted but none have any real worth (Black, Ruggles etc)
Rhys Stanley - Pick 60+ / DFA
Mark Blicavs - Pick 35-50
Sam Menegola - Pick 18-25
Jordan Murdoch - Pick 60+ / DFA
Cam Guthrie - Pick 30-45
George Horlin-Smith - Pick 50-65
Jackson Thurlow - Pick 45-60
Darcy Lang - Pick 40 to 55
Jake Kolodjashnij - Pick 25-35

Inzy7

Debutant
Sep 20, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Been trying to think of was the Blues could get some more picks and deals sorted and wondered about the worth of these players

Blaine Boekhorst
Liam Jones
Harrison Macreadie
David Cuningham
Levi Casboult
Claran Byrne
Tom Williamson
Nick Graham

Bokonon_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Jeremy McGovern

RFA next year but Crows supporters think he is gettable this year.

(In no way am I suggesting trade him, just wondering what neutrals think he is worth)
2 pretty high first rounders. Lever is a good player but he has to be worth significantly more. 25 great age for a club eying a flag in the next few years.

Oct 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sixers, Exers, GWS Womens

Rhys Stanley
Mark Blicavs
Sam Menegola
Jordan Murdoch
Cam Guthrie
George Horlin-Smith
Jackson Thurlow
Darcy Lang
Jake Kolodjashnij

Rhys Stanley - Late 3rd at best.
Mark Blicavs - late 2nd
Sam Menegola - 2nd rounder
Jordan Murdoch - 4th rounder
Cam Guthrie - 2nd rounder
George Horlin-Smith - late 3rd
Jackson Thurlow - 3rd rounder
Darcy Lang - 3rd rounder, late 2nd at best
Jake Kolodjashnij - pick 20 ish, most valuable of the lot.

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Been trying to think of was the Blues could get some more picks and deals sorted and wondered about the worth of these players

Blaine Boekhorst
Liam Jones
Harrison Macreadie
David Cuningham
Levi Casboult
Claran Byrne
Tom Williamson
Nick Graham

Highly doubt they would look at moving on any of Macreadie, Williamson or Cunningham... All young players who have shown ability but wouldn't have much currency at all. Nobody wants Boekhorst, Jones, Byrne or Graham and Casboult only recently signed an extension.

Inzy7

Debutant
Sep 20, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Highly doubt they would look at moving on any of Macreadie, Williamson or Cunningham... All young players who have shown ability but wouldn't have much currency at all. Nobody wants Boekhorst, Jones, Byrne or Graham and Casboult only recently signed an extension.
The 3 young guys mentioned i wouldnt want to lose but was wondering if they had much currency.. Levi's contract doesnt mean much these days, Boek i thought i read that the WA clubs had interest?? Brisbane have asked about Byrne and the other two was just trying for a cheap pick

Blaine Boekhorst
Liam Jones
Harrison Macreadie
David Cuningham
Levi Casboult
Claran Byrne
Tom Williamson
Nick Graham
boek not much
jones better off keeping
macreadie no idea
cuningham pick in the 40's
casboult less then you want
byrne late 2nd
graham worth * all

slice

Club Legend
Jul 4, 2008
Malbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Jeremy McGovern

RFA next year but Crows supporters think he is gettable this year.

(In no way am I suggesting trade him, just wondering what neutrals think he is worth)

Not a neutral but I reckon he's worth a Top 5 pick or two mid/late firsts (10-15). Absolute gun but if there's any risk of him going next year under RFA, I'd flog him off now when you can get full value. Wish we traded Dangerfield when we had the chance at two high first rounders.

Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Not a neutral but I reckon he's worth a Top 5 pick or two mid/late firsts (10-15). Absolute gun but if there's any risk of him going next year under RFA, I'd flog him off now when you can get full value. Wish we traded Dangerfield when we had the chance at two high first rounders.

Word on the street is that he is no chance of leaving next year.

Tyler Hodges

Club Legend
Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76'ers

Rhys Stanley
Mark Blicavs
Sam Menegola
Jordan Murdoch
Cam Guthrie
George Horlin-Smith
Jackson Thurlow
Darcy Lang
Jake Kolodjashnij

IMG_1695.jpg

Back