FTA-TV The Wheel Of Time (WoT) *NO BOOK SPOILERS*

Good to see this shows thread has started to take a Book Readers 'Game of Thrones' bickering about it.

All goes well for the future of the thread.
Yeah it's annoying. Can we keep any book chat to this thread:

All the bitching just ruins it for everyone.

Episode 5 was even better than Episode 4. The last scene was so ******* good.

Is it different from the books? Sure. But I'm still enjoying it immensely.

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Episode 5 was even better than Episode 4. The last scene was so ******* good.

Is it different from the books? Sure. But I'm still enjoying it immensely.
Sweet. Wife has her work Christmas party tonight, we have a friends wedding tomorrow night. Will pack the kids off to bed on Sunday night then unwind with episode 5. Looking forward to it.

Is any other non book reader having a problem with all the gender slavery element to this show. The whole male warder to the magic women stuff makes me feel a bit sick. What is wrong with these men? Grow some effing balls. Be your own people. You are basically voluntary slaves.
Voluntary slaves?

This show is magnificent and has me hanging for Friday night for a new episode to drop.

Very well done in every aspect and Lan is my favourite character by far!

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
It's been fun to watch so far. Good overall concept and storytelling, and the production values are good. Though magic or superhero shows are not among my favourite genres as the writers tend to use the cheap plot device of boosting the powers of any individual to get them out of danger.

They have gone a bit OTT with the diversity stick. It appears to be set somewhere in medieval Europe which would be nearly all white people. And I don't like Josha Stradowski as Rand. But otherwise the casting is good.

Some of the dialog between the younger characters is poor. It sounds like banter between modern day English teenagers.

They have gone a bit OTT with the diversity stick. It appears to be set somewhere in medieval Europe which would be nearly all white people. And I don't like Josha Stradowski as Rand. But otherwise the casting is good.
It's not set in medieval Europe. It's set in a world filled with different societies and races. As an example, you will note that the Two Rivers folk are dark featured. The characters in the show are more or less true visual representations of those set in the books. As women from all over the fictional world (filled with many races and cultures) can channel, they generally end up in Tar Valon to become an Aes Sedai hence they, especially, are a visually diverse set of people.

Not surprising you would complain about diversity of actors in a show though.

It's been fun to watch so far. Good overall concept and storytelling, and the production values are good. Though magic or superhero shows are not among my favourite genres as the writers tend to use the cheap plot device of boosting the powers of any individual to get them out of danger.

Some of the dialog between the younger characters is poor. It sounds like banter between modern day English teenagers.
How many black or brown people would you have been happy with?

Just finished ep 5.

It really is great. I think the things that have changed from the book has added to the experience as a visual medium.

It is a plus that my partner who usually doesn't like fantasy is quite enthralled by it too. Makes it a fun watch with someone that has no idea about the story. She has no idea who the Dragon Reborn is, so I think the changes they've made around that work well for non-book readers. Hearing her theories are quite interesting as well. Reminds me of back when the books were unfinished and the multitude of fan theories that were thought up back in the day.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
It is actually post-apocalyptic Earth. There is no specific region of the world.

There's no hint of modern technology from a post-apocalyptic Earth that has been lost - such as radiation, mobile phones or vehicles.

It looks like medieval Europe - with the landscapes, the technology, the customs. Such as horseback riding, drinking and singing in taverns, sword fights.

Back