FTA-TV The Wheel Of Time (WoT) *NO BOOK SPOILERS*

Remove this Banner Ad

Really? Disagree on that. The impression of the Malkier in the books was that they were based on Asian culture. I more or less pictured Lan exactly how he is portrayed in the show... maybe just with longer hair. The golden crane as their banner (cranes as a symbol are seen commonly in asian culture) as well as the hadori which the men wear which seemed Japanese to me.
As we saw in the latest ep, the Shienarans are portrayed as Asian. Backs up my interpretation that the Borderlands were based on Asian culture. Totally fits that Lan looks the way he does.

Also he's pretty *en ripped with his shirt off.

As we saw in the latest ep, the Shienarans are portrayed as Asian. Backs up my interpretation that the Borderlands were based on Asian culture. Totally fits that Lan looks the way he does.

Also he's pretty fu**en ripped with his shirt off.

The culture was based loosely on Asian cultures, that however has no bearing on their appearance.

Which is why he's described as having blue eyes.

Min looks nothing like how most people would have viewed her with her bold almost hooked nose as she was described. I always thought of her as more Italian looking.

The last episode of the season has me seriously concerned about this series. The lore breaking cold open alone was enough to get me worried and then we have the ridiculous battle scenes which make no sense at all and disregard many of the series rules.

The last episode of the season has me seriously concerned about this series. The lore breaking cold open alone was enough to get me worried and then we have the ridiculous battle scenes which make no sense at all and disregard many of the series rules.
Worst season ending since GoT S8? It would be very difficult to stick the landing worse than Rafe did.

Lol, that's not even close to how bad the ending of GoT was. I'm astonished that some people are still judging this on how close it keeps to the books when the show has no intention of even trying to be a strict literal interpretation. That was clear from the first episode.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I liked the episode, better then most, but acting is lacking from some of the characters, Perrin the worst, Rand not far behind.

Surprised by the arrival in ships, seems earlier then I remember they came in the story.
The Battle of Falme was at the end of the 3rd book. Given that many of the events of S1 happened in books 2 & 3 (e.g. Matt's dagger healing in Tar Valon), or even later (Rand didn't go to Tar Valon until book 12 or 13), it's not that big a jump.

I liked the episode, better then most, but acting is lacking from some of the characters, Perrin the worst, Rand not far behind.

Agree, it was a better episode. Some stuff happened.

But still the script is poor and some of the acting is at the level of a year 12 drama group performance. The casting of Stradowski as the central character is really bad. Rosamund Pike fluctuates between serious face and very serious face.

Lol, that's not even close to how bad the ending of GoT was. I'm astonished that some people are still judging this on how close it keeps to the books when the show has no intention of even trying to be a strict literal interpretation. That was clear from the first episode.
He didnt say it was as bad. he said it was the worst since.

finally back from holidays. Watched the final episode. Very disappointing. Don’t understand why they changed from the books.

If you are talking about the ending, Rafe said it was to give the girls something to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back