Analysis The Whipping Boys

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a thread dedicated to the players who cop the most heat from the Collingwood Big Footy fans. I thought it might be fun to offer your top ten. Who knows? This thread could become a place for us to vent our little hearts out. After our two devastating practice match loses, there are plenty of candidates. Here's mine, feel free to add yours:

1. Callum Brown - has really come on in leaps and bounds. Once much loved by the BF army, now seen as incapable of even basic human functions.
2. Josh Thomas - regularly targeted since the whole drug thing. Can play well without being noticed.
3. Brody Grundy - champion player who now suffers from the Cloke syndrome. Everything measured against the contract. Could win the next five Copelands and would still be in the top 10.
4. WHE - the hyphen cops plenty. Seen as soft.
5. Steele Sidebottom - another champion who has fallen on hard times. One too many scotches has led to him being on the outer amongst the progressive thinking BF army.
6. Chris Mayne - big slide from Mayne, previously our number one by a mile. Lift your game Chris!
7. Roughhead - solid season last year but generally seen as a hack
8. Brayden Sier - Phil has swayed between the great hope and the great flop. Potential to increase in the ratings.
9. John Noble - just doesn't look like a good footballer. Gets the hack tag.
10. Mason Cox - well he is American.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
I wouldn’t say Grundy suffers from the Cloke syndrome since Cloke wasn inherently more valuable playing a much more difficult position

I can see Madgen making a charge up the rankings this season, Tyler probably on the cusp. I dont really see Roughead as a whipping boy
Apologies to Madge, on the cusp of whipping boy greatness.

I wouldn’t say Grundy suffers from the Cloke syndrome since Cloke wasn inherently more valuable playing a much more difficult position
That's the way Mike. let Grundy have it!

In the past No.2 and No.6 have been sort of mine. I am refraining until the real stuff starts but maybe even then will try to be more positive as the cupboard is a little bare until recruits start showing something.

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
Grundy has shot to the top of the ladder recently.

Pendlebury hovering just outside the top ten but steadily moving up the rankings.

What ever happened to that Josh Daicos kid? He was a whipping boy a few years back. And Darcy Moore who was always injured and considered mentally soft.

Madge and Tay should start training with a kick to kick exercise ,would be a hell of a good run around for them ,fitness would be off the charts.
Tay is another one just outside the top ten. Our best player but regularly blamed for loses. Could be a big improver this year.

Grundy has shot to the top of the ladder recently.

Pendlebury hovering just outside the top ten but steadily moving up the rankings.

What ever happened to that Josh Daicos kid? He was a whipping boy a few years back. And Darcy Moore who was always injured and considered mentally soft.
Daicos and Moore have been huge disappointments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it's the same prize we've had the last 10 years I don't want it.
Oh no please don't. This thread is about our current whipping boys. If you start going on about the past it will just spoil the whole beautiful idea.

Eddie was my whipping boy forever. I blamed him for just about everything. It’s not as much fun without him.:(

If I knew more about how the assistant coaches performed, I’d like to whip them too. But they remain a mystery to me.

Of the players, I used to love WHE, but now I dont so I guess he has to be whipped.

Also, as others have noted, our girls don’t get bagged. It’s a universal love-in on the AFLW threads. Not one bit of whipping going on there. Very refreshing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back