Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
Looking forward to the game tonight. I'm expecting that the first time a Brody Grundy centre hitout finally lands into the hands of Adam Trelaor who then succesfully sends the ball downfield, that people will cry why he couldnt do that at Collingwood and why we got rid of him

So my early nomination for whipping boy 2021 round one is................Nathan Buckley!!!

and the treloar kick hits a forward on the chest within traffic....and he actually kicked it to draw the player to the small section of the ground that the pie backman weren't covering......and the kick was delivered quickly but with a nice soft trajectory at the end that made it easy for the wb forward to mark....

and the pie supporters looked wide eyed in shock and surprise and gasped in amazement.... and then turned to the pie coaching box and shouted their abuse.

The late rule change will help.

Whippers will be able to call “ can somebody kick that useless f%#%<|<cker in the nuts so we can replace him with the injury sub!!
At the pies it's not really a sub rule - it's a spud rule. It's great. When one of our spuds gets injured robbing us of some opportunities to abuse - Callum Brown will come on!

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
absolute certainty..... josh thomas.... lock him in eddie

wicksy

Cancelled
Feb 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Clippers, Daniel Ricciardo Racing
Can somebody please tell me why we’re not allowed to be critical about WHE and Josh Thomas?

May 5, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
The usual suspects in WHE and Thomas enhancing there whipping boy status again tonight. Ruscoe making inroads also. Big mover is Grundy, he’s supposed be at the peak of his game. Year 1 into a 7 year 7 million contract. Imagine his output in last few years if the contract. Scary prospect

I’d never seen a player wear a black armband to mourn their own death until WHE did so tonight. Fair accomplishment.

I’ve always defended him because he has class and is dangerous and that’s something we lack, but he was all kinds of ******* awful in round 1. Looked like he’d forgotten how to play football.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Can somebody please tell me why we’re not allowed to be critical about WHE and Josh Thomas?

sink the boots in... josh thomas is 29 and has played over 100 games and yet his confidence is as fragile as an egg. He wont change and a good banging from the faithful on BF wont change it either way..

domin8tors

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
sink the boots in... josh thomas is 29 and has played over 100 games and yet his confidence is as fragile as an egg. He wont change and a good banging from the faithful on BF wont change it either way..
agreed, thomas has to go.. it's dejavu. 2010 with lockyer,, and then 2018 with blair.. until we go past Thomas we won't improve.

domus

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club
Totally in agreement with you on this one. Huge potential and it could begin bearing fruit half a dozen games into next year. However, we cant take the easy path and not do the groundwork by building him up to be the greatest player in our history. The lesson with all great whipping boys is the trajectory of the descent. Sure there are useful whippets like Jack Madgen, who everyone has known to be crap since he first pulled on a footy boot. But the best whippets are the ones that let us down by promising so much.

And they dont have to be potential superstars either. As you pointed out, Jarryd Blair was the toast of the VFL devotees and there were pleas that he should get a go in the seniors..... and then his total inability to play the game became evident.
Blair played many excellent games for us. What are you smoking?

THATSGOLD

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 21, 2005
the G.. home of the pies!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
I’d never seen a player wear a black armband to mourn their own death until WHE did so tonight. Fair accomplishment.

I’ve always defended him because he has class and is dangerous and that’s something we lack, but he was all kinds of ******* awful in round 1. Looked like he’d forgotten how to play football.
Being played out of position doesn’t help. He was on the ball for gws. Now he’s just a floater for Buckleys crap game plan

Being played out of position doesn’t help. He was on the ball for gws. Now he’s just a floater for Buckleys crap game plan
Agree

The class of C Brown is impressive. Didn’t play but still maintains his top 3 status. If selected on Thursday the excitement will be palpable!

augie

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Defence and whipping boys are the only areas where we have an abundance of riches. WHE playing like Stephenson 2020. Grundy playing like Grundy 2020 but at twice the price. JT playing like JT all but 2018. Ruscoe playing like me. Henry playing like a first gamer who hasn't played a proper game for 18 months. And that doesn't even touch on the Brown brothers.

Having said that, after round 1 2020 I thought we would win the flag. Very early to be making calls on anyone.

I do wonder how those in the team who were close with Treloar and Phillips feel about JDG and Grundy. They are at least partly responsible for those two leaving and it would be hard not to get frustrated when they put up what they did last night.

Back