Analysis The Whipping Boys

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you've kept that focus steadfastly for the last month.

I was trying to turn over a new leaf and be positive, but like a Dyson multi floor vacuum cleaner , you suck me right back in

I was trying to turn over a new leaf and be positive, but like a Dyson multi floor vacuum cleaner , you suck me right back in
Miele shits all over Dyson.

JDG is heading straight to the top of the queue. And he can ditch the show-off boots on the way. And the dreams of emulating Dusty.

He needs to knuckle down, get back to basics, get on his bike, all those other cliches about working hard...

As long as he's playing his role.... for fox footy.

I used to be positive...and then i watched the 1966 grand final ... there were then a few new shoots of growth in positivity.... and then the 1970 grand final....etc etc you get the picture..

Now I am as bitter as a pie supporter posting on BF.... which is the bitterest thing known to man or woman (inclusive speak).

I hate myself for admiring Jack Madgen's endeavour.... I try to find some reason to like Josh Thomas.... I sometimes even wish that looking at Callum Brown didnt make my skin crawl...

The only enjoyment in life that i get is to bag our players. It seems to me to be the only just and fair thing left in my life..

I used to be positive...and then i watched the 1966 grand final ... there were then a few new shoots of growth in positivity.... and then the 1970 grand final....etc etc you get the picture..

Now I am as bitter as a pie supporter posting on BF.... which is the bitterest thing known to man or woman (inclusive speak).

I hate myself for admiring Jack Madgen's endeavour.... I try to find some reason to like Josh Thomas.... I sometimes even wish that looking at Callum Brown didnt make my skin crawl...

The only enjoyment in life that i get is to bag our players. It seems to me to be the only just and fair thing left in my life..

Thats a fair call Mark, I understand totally where you are coming from, 1966 I was only a one year old bub,so that has left no scars on me , then from !970 I went to all the Collingwood Grand Finals at the MCG, 13 in total, for Collingwood only that is , 13 Collingwood Grand Finals for 9 losses witnessed, 2 draws, 2 Flags, I feel your pain brother, hang in there man, I know how much I hurt , would lose my appetite to eat for a week, and for a good Italian boy, that`s not gonna make Mama very happy , so I copped double barrels. thye sun rises again and we go on.

Thats a fair call Mark, I understand totally where you are coming from, 1966 I was only a one year old bub,so that has left no scars on me , then from !970 I went to all the Collingwood Grand Finals at the MCG, 13 in total, for Collingwood only that is , 13 Collingwood Grand Finals for 9 losses witnessed, 2 draws, 2 Flags, I feel your pain brother, hang in there man, I know how much I hurt , would lose my appetite to eat for a week, and for a good Italian boy, that`s not gonna make Mama very happy , so I copped double barrels. thye sun rises again and we go on.

You inspire me....such a cross to bear... a pie supporter and an italian

Brodie after smashing Adam`s knee is back neck and neck with the Callum boy, he has the game sense and awareness of an Under 10 player .
Maybe Adams’ knee should be on the list?

i heard the term used on fox this week. i think it was del santo. sorry i cant be more specific but i forget what they say immediately after i hear it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After a tumultuous few weeks, the whipping boy ladder has been turned on its head!

Class will always find its way to the top, and so it has proven here. The great Jordan De Goey has assumed the number one mantle and looks on track to claim the throne.

Young Brown is faltering badly and is in danger of slipping out of the top 5.

Grundy too has slipped, still top 3 but is showing a passion for the club that may see him drop further.

Darcy Moore is putting in some classy performances up forward and is pushing towards a podium finish.

The ever reliable Mayne continues to be a fan favourite and looks assured of another top 5 finish.

This is a thread dedicated to the players who cop the most heat from the Collingwood Big Footy fans. I thought it might be fun to offer your top ten. Who knows? This thread could become a place for us to vent our little hearts out. After our two devastating practice match loses, there are plenty of candidates. Here's mine, feel free to add yours:

1. Callum Brown - has really come on in leaps and bounds. Once much loved by the BF army, now seen as incapable of even basic human functions.
2. Josh Thomas - regularly targeted since the whole drug thing. Can play well without being noticed.
3. Brody Grundy - champion player who now suffers from the Cloke syndrome. Everything measured against the contract. Could win the next five Copelands and would still be in the top 10.
4. WHE - the hyphen cops plenty. Seen as soft.
5. Steele Sidebottom - another champion who has fallen on hard times. One too many scotches has led to him being on the outer amongst the progressive thinking BF army.
6. Chris Mayne - big slide from Mayne, previously our number one by a mile. Lift your game Chris!
7. Roughhead - solid season last year but generally seen as a hack
8. Brayden Sier - Phil has swayed between the great hope and the great flop. Potential to increase in the ratings.
9. John Noble - just doesn't look like a good footballer. Gets the hack tag.
10. Mason Cox - well he is American.

Surely a list of 10 is not enough Jmac! There's just so much scope for whipping and so few that can fit into a list of 10!

I mean, Darcy Moore may be injured with his achilles, but damn it he looks disinterested.

Adams can't kick for s##t.

Maynard must be the most intellectually challenged player we've had since Luke Godden.

Surely a list of 10 is not enough Jmac! There's just so much scope for whipping and so few that can fit into a list of 10!

I mean, Darcy Moore may be injured with his achilles, but damn it he looks disinterested.

Adams can't kick for s##t.

Maynard must be the most intellectually challenged player we've had since Luke Godden.

Yes I am pushing Maynard up there, and u i beleive were kind saying he was intellectually challenged, i think the premise that he has or ever had intellect is to be theorised!

Having watched very game this year I count at least 10 goals he has scored for oppo 2 in match against Brions where we lost by a kick, and EVERY time has sunk to his knees and slapped the ground.. Someone needs to go to him and tell him to stop doing that and rather go over to the fence and smash his head against it several times so we can bring on he concussion sub.

It’ll be the entire club after next weekend ...

Win and we’ll be riding on the backs and whipping everyone from Pendlebury to that 314cm 214kg-of-muscle lad who is stranded in Senegal, as they as they go ski-ski-skiing down the hill.

Lose and everyone from El Presidente Nuevo down to the boot studder will be forced to front up to the cat ‘o nine tails.

The fans are so restless at the moment that we're going after first and second year players. But I've heard people in the footy media say it can take up to five years to develop an AFL player. Somehow I can't see the Pie fans waiting until 2025 & 26 for last year's draftees to deliver the goods.

Last edited:
The fans are so restless at the moment that we're going after first and second year players. But I've heard people in the footy media say it can take up to five years to develop an AFL player. Somehow I can't see the Pie fans waiting until 2025 & 26 for last year's draftees to deliver the goods.

Generally speaking, I think people expect to see glimpses from our recent draftees. McCreery hasn’t set the world on fire but he looks to be on the right track.

Players like Ruscoe, unfortunately, hasn’t shown enough yet to show that they can develop into decent AFL level players.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Generally speaking, I think people expect to see glimpses from our recent draftees. McCreery hasn’t set the world on fire but he looks to be on the right track.

Players like Ruscoe, unfortunately, hasn’t shown enough yet to show that they can develop into decent AFL level players.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Ruscoe was a very late pick so that is understandable.

I can understood more flak for those like Jordy, Brodie and Darcy who have all gone backwards this year.

After a tumultuous few weeks, the whipping boy ladder has been turned on its head!

Class will always find its way to the top, and so it has proven here. The great Jordan De Goey has assumed the number one mantle and looks on track to claim the throne.

Young Brown is faltering badly and is in danger of slipping out of the top 5.

Grundy too has slipped, still top 3 but is showing a passion for the club that may see him drop further.

Darcy Moore is putting in some classy performances up forward and is pushing towards a podium finish.

The ever reliable Mayne continues to be a fan favourite and looks assured of another top 5 finish.
It's been a fabulous recovery from Darcy. Just a month ago he seemed unwhippable, but he's returned to the glory days of his hamstring injuries, when he was always good for a lash.

I was at the 1966 GF all day, we were in all three GFs and lost all three - Under 19s to Essendon. Reserves to Richmond with an unknown Royce Hart kicking the winning goal with a last gasp. And the seniors.

Next final we played in was 1967 First Semi, I was there all day. We were in all three and lost all three to Fitzroy Under19s, Geelong Reserves and Geelong Seniors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back