BotsMaster

2022 Sep Premiers
Jan 26, 2009
Cheat Park
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Everton, Cardinals
The Willo_ Effect is the chemical reaction coffee has with the digestive system of the human body causing an acceleration of the bowel movement.

It seems to be a common effect among most people so what we need to find out is what exactly in coffee causes this effect and if there is a remedy for it?

It might with the stomach's acids, I think...and might also mess with the myriads of bacterial species down there doing our decomposing for us.

Every double-shot, they're probably buzzing like a Frankston speed-freak for the next hour, then crashing out*

*the above is strictly UN-scientific. I suspect caffeine only works on neurotransmitters, not whole cellular organisms...

The Willo_ Effect is the chemical reaction coffee has with the digestive system of the human body causing an acceleration of the bowel movement.

It seems to be a common effect among most people so what we need to find out is what exactly in coffee causes this effect and if there is a remedy for it?
Milk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never really looked into this Bots, or knew the phenomenon had a name, but I do know the experience.

I'd be guessing, but I'll hypothesize that it has to do with addiction. Most daily coffee drinkers would have a mild caffeine dependency. The brain takes in all the queues from the ritual. The smell. The familiar sights of the kitchen / fav cafe. The taste may trigger some kind of neural cascade - boom. Bombs away.

The same effect comes with cigarettes. Or at least it used to, before I gave them up.

Never really looked into this Bots, or knew the phenomenon had a name, but I do know the experience.

I'd be guessing, but I'll hypothesize that it has to do with addiction. Most daily coffee drinkers would have a mild caffeine dependency. The brain takes in all the queues from the ritual. The smell. The familiar sights of the kitchen / fav cafe. The taste may trigger some kind of neural cascade - boom. Bombs away.

The same effect comes with cigarettes. Or at least it used to, before I gave them up.
Lol

Doesn't happen much with instant coffee I find.

If I have a proper one from a cafe near work about 9am however...well you know where to find me about half an hour later.
Yep spot on.
I understand the logic behind RunningBounce 's theory... but I have only been a coffee convert the last 18 months, and from my early stages of drinking coffee I was finding 20 to 30mins later like clock work a trip to the can.

Why?
Don't drink stuff which makes you s**t.

Doesn't happen much with instant coffee I find.

If I have a proper one from a cafe near work about 9am however...well you know where to find me about half an hour later.
Well the ingredients for both are different:
Instant Coffee
International Roast
Boiled water
Cold milk

Cappuccino
Single shot of espresso
Hot foamed milk

I remember the day when International Roast was THE coffee. Still have a friend that drinks it. (shudders)
I imagine putting 'international' in the name attracted people, in much the same way that calling a beer 'craft' these days attracts them and blinds them to the fact that they mostly taste the same as every other supposedly 'craft' drop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back