Food, Drink & Dining Out The Wine Thread

RU_

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Aug 6, 2010
Australia
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Never been able to enjoy a wine until recently as I hadn't found one I liked.. my mates partner brought home a bottle of Brown Brothers Cienna when I was at theirs for dinner the other night and I actually liked it! What else should I try for those who know wines? What do you enjoy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better Loosen Up

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
More of a Red than White drinker myself.

Of the Red's, Shiraz would be my fav. Pretty much can't go wrong with any Shiraz from the Heathcote region IMO! I also like Taylor's Shiraz as well for a value for money option.

Did a trip recently down to the Yarra Valley and tried a Champagne from Rochford. Can't remember the name of it but it was about $60 a bottle... absolutely outstanding (and I'm not a champagne drinker)!

Also don't mind the odd dessert wine either. I find Brown Brothers and De Bortoli generally pretty good.

RU_

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Aug 6, 2010
Australia
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
More of a Red than White drinker myself.

Of the Red's, Shiraz would be my fav. Pretty much can't go wrong with any Shiraz from the Heathcote region IMO! I also like Taylor's Shiraz as well for a value for money option.

Did a trip recently down to the Yarra Valley and tried a Champagne from Rochford. Can't remember the name of it but it was about $60 a bottle... absolutely outstanding (and I'm not a champagne drinker)!

Also don't mind the odd dessert wine either. I find Brown Brothers and De Bortoli generally pretty good.
Are Brown Brothers classed as dessert wines?

cartel

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2007
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne United
Brown brothers in milawa has a good restaurant. I like all wine really, except dessert. Enjoy red and white equally. Drink beer more often though as portion control is easier.

Top Bottom