Food, Drink & Dining Out The Wine Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Never been able to enjoy a wine until recently as I hadn't found one I liked.. my mates partner brought home a bottle of Brown Brothers Cienna when I was at theirs for dinner the other night and I actually liked it! What else should I try for those who know wines? What do you enjoy?

More of a Red than White drinker myself.

Of the Red's, Shiraz would be my fav. Pretty much can't go wrong with any Shiraz from the Heathcote region IMO! I also like Taylor's Shiraz as well for a value for money option.

Did a trip recently down to the Yarra Valley and tried a Champagne from Rochford. Can't remember the name of it but it was about $60 a bottle... absolutely outstanding (and I'm not a champagne drinker)!

Also don't mind the odd dessert wine either. I find Brown Brothers and De Bortoli generally pretty good.

More of a Red than White drinker myself.

Of the Red's, Shiraz would be my fav. Pretty much can't go wrong with any Shiraz from the Heathcote region IMO! I also like Taylor's Shiraz as well for a value for money option.

Did a trip recently down to the Yarra Valley and tried a Champagne from Rochford. Can't remember the name of it but it was about $60 a bottle... absolutely outstanding (and I'm not a champagne drinker)!

Also don't mind the odd dessert wine either. I find Brown Brothers and De Bortoli generally pretty good.
Are Brown Brothers classed as dessert wines?

Had a couple of glasses of red wine last week - William Downie Cathedral Pinot. A bit steep at $60 per bottle, but a bloody good drop.
Bill Downie makes some great stuff. His 1000 candles range is legendary stuff. One of his more recent offerings, a petit Verdot, is great for the price as well.
I’ve been drinking a lot of Pinot recently, with my favourite being red claw from Mornington. Currently sipping on a bottle of rob hall 2016 Chardonnay from the Yarra valley, nice cool climate Chardonnay with a bit of time on lees from what I gather.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back