The Wine thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I feel like there has been enough chatter about wine and we live in close proximity of a number of excellent wine regions

That we need a non pretentious wine thread.

My first question is what wine do you drink at the footy.

As for recommendations I'll start local with two go to wineries no one can go wrong with

An absolutely fantastic winery in Mclaren Vale.

A Barossa one.

Controversial maybe, but Frugal Farmer is my go to Rockfords

Post away.

Spent half a day with Duane & Bec with a personal tasting & lunch with mates a couple of months ago.

Never tasted a bad wine.
Sangiovese - one of the best I have had
Perfumed Syrah
Gimp Shiraz
Semi Sav

Every day drinking wine... for great value for quality. Worth mixing the reds as all great... particularly the merlot has won awards.

Burke Salter - Greg & Jane are worth the visit if you are in the Riverland & get 13 for a dozen.

Kalleske brothers are also great to chat to & have full bodied Barossa reds. As well as Shiraz, great Grenache, Tempranillo & Durif. GSM for every day drinking.

Will get belted by purists

But they make really drinkable wines, I'm a huge fan of their Nero D'avalo (edit and their Dolcetto )

Murray Street is another winery worth visiting in the Barossa.

Make some powerful reds. I have a good collection of their Shiraz Estate Greenock & Gomersal wines. Taste them at the same time when visiting as a great example of different characteristics of single vineyard wines. These are 10+ year to cellar for special occasions. Artisan range for those not wanting to spend as much, but still solid wines.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look forward to hearing about it.
The better half is Finnish... mad F1 fan (though preferred Kimi) & loves SA wines... so his wine better be good as she will give him feedback lol.

We get 2 bottles of his wine each too... along with tasting Corrina's wines. She's a quality wine maker.

So will make a day of it in McLaren Vale... then follow up with Test Match.

The better half is Finnish... mad F1 fan (though preferred Kimi) & loves SA wines... so his wine better be good as she will give him feedback lol.

We get 2 bottles of his wine each too... along with tasting Corrina's wines. She's a quality wine maker.

So will make a day of it in McLaren Vale... then follow up with Test Match.
That sounds like a ripping time.

Perhaps give a day to post your review 😬

Went to Langmeil Winery recently

For anyone who hasn't been it well worth it
One of my favourite Barossa wineries.

Last time I went, they were selling some museum stock.

Do some great blends - 3 Gardens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back