The Winning Formula

Remove this Banner Ad

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
How Bevo and Goodwin handle the 2 week break for the grand final teams is going to be interesting. Even if the number of finals played and travel was equal I am pretty sure both coaches strategy would be different. The fact the finals campaigns are vastly different adds to the intrigue and now the dogs have made it who has the advantage. At the end day it will be impossible to say which team had the advantage and no doubt if we win the main stream and social media will say it had a lot to do with the extra weeks break and if we lose one of the reasons will be because the Dees were fresher and had an easier run.

My guess is that the extra week should not effect the Dees physical performance other than helping May but does give us an advantage given the travel and the extra game played. Plus I would back Bevo in to get the mental preparation spot on. Loved the after the game drinks and this week will be pretty light training and mind off the game with plenty of time to focus next week. I get the impression the Dees will be more mentally focused for longer with the chance of the greater pressure on the Dees having a negative effect.

It was interesting what Nick Riewoldt said about the drawn GF, and preparing for the rematch, during the week Collingwood celebrated, while Saints maintained we are on a mission. Collingwood as we know came out fresher.

It will be very important to have a very relaxed and fun sort of week. Complete all the work that needs to be done but there’s no point being laser locked in this far out from the game.

The Dees last loss was to us on July 24. This was the last game in a six week form slump which saw them take only 2 wins and a draw from 6 games.

We obviously had our slump in the last 3 weeks of the season.

By the time the GF rolls around the Dees would have been "up" for 8 weeks, and we'll be coming up to 5.

Combine this with the fact yhat we used the most players out of any club this year and we should be the fresher team.

This is a marathon not a sprint. We 've timed our run to perfection.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back