TV The Wire

revo333

Premiership Player
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'm jealous you get to experience it all for the first time. I know you're only two episodes in, but have you got any favourite characters yet?
Don't be too jealous, I can't discuss or read anything on the internet about it until I finish the whole series, I've already come across a few little spoilers because I was too curious.

One episode left in season 1, maybe I can finish the whole series by the end of March.

Father Jack

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 23, 2006
between hope and reality
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
Season 2 was ok but definitely not as interesting as 1 and the new characters were a bit meh.

I will take a break and begin season 3 in a weeks time.
That has seemed to be the consensus over the years, but weirdly for me season 2 is when the show hit its straps.

Richard Pryor

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Season 2 was ok but definitely not as interesting as 1 and the new characters were a bit meh.

I will take a break and begin season 3 in a weeks time.
Same take I had. Started watching show, first season lived up to the hype and blew me away. Watched a few eps of second season but dropped it a few months ago and have never gotten around to watching it again.

Gasometer

TheBrownDog
Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Same take I had. Started watching show, first season lived up to the hype and blew me away. Watched a few eps of second season but dropped it a few months ago and have never gotten around to watching it again.
This.
I just wonder if time has dated it compared to when it was originally aired.

BEaston

Hungry
Oct 9, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Season 2 is great for humorous scenes... it was the most light hearted season.
McNulty crashing his car twice trying to turn the corner haha
Bunk burning his clothes
Ziggy's duck in the bar
Ziggy getting put on top of the container stack
Heaps more I'm forgetting.

Also one of the best lines of the show... "did he have hands? did he have a face? yes? then it wasn't us.."

iluvparis

Premium Platinum
Apr 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Calgary Flames, Man Utd
Bunk burning his clothes
Ziggy's duck in the bar

Also one of the best lines of the show... "did he have hands? did he have a face? yes? then it wasn't us.."
Lol forgot that was in Season 2 - an absolute classic scene :D

power09

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2008
Burra SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Timberwolves
Bunk burning his clothes
Ziggy's duck in the bar

"And I could use 3 more inches of meat" :tearsofjoy:

royboys4eva

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2006
Melbourne - once Darwin.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I have prob
4 episodes into season 3, Good! but it's sometimes hard to keep up with the new characters and story lines going on.

Have been reading episode recaps on Wiki to make sure I know exactly what is going on.
I have probably re watched the series 3/4 times and every time I pick up something new that I didn't previously. That's why it's such a great series. That and it's hard to understand the accent at times haha.

BEaston

Hungry
Oct 9, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Definitely a show that is worth a re-watch, much more enjoyable once you have a bit of information from the 1st watch through as there is a lot to keep up with.

revo333

Premiership Player
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
2 episodes left in season 3, the last 3 episodes have been quality.

McNulty is probably the character i'm most curious about in regards to how they finish up on the show, a genuine 50/50 character who i'm not sure if I should be barracking for or not.

Remove this Banner Ad