FTA-TV The Wire

Remove this Banner Ad

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Apr 1, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Indies
Torrent it like a normal person.
lmaoo im a cooked unit...

i have the entire first 3 seasons downloaded on my Samsung tablet from 2 yesrs ago when i went travelling smh

sorted haha

edit- hahahahahahah a that Brady family avi.. change that s**t man haha

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne
+1. If ever there was a tv show worth paying for it is this imo.

It also has the best rewatch value of any tv series I've seen (arguably better on a rewatch).

Yep, was $70 or so. And after all the joy it has given me, I am happy for some royalties to go to David Simon, and for HBO to get further return on their investment.

I'll almost certainly end up watching it again in a few years, and lend it to someone.

+1. If ever there was a tv show worth paying for it is this imo.

It also has the best rewatch value of any tv series I've seen (arguably better on a rewatch).
Much better on a rewatch. You don't spend the first half of s1 trying to figure out who the characters are or trying to work out the street slang. Makes things a hell of a lot easier the second time around and you pick up so much more of the subtleties.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
Was listening to a basketball podcast today, however the episode was dedicated to the wire - in particular an interview with an author that has written a new behind the scenes book. It made for great listening and the writer has got another sale out of me.

Enjoy

power09

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2008
Burra SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Timberwolves
this is really pompous but it annoyed me that Zach claimed it was his favourite show but he admitted he had only watched it once and failed to recall some of the important sub-plots and characters. I'm a bit obsessed like the guy who wrote the book and have watched it through like 6 times and pick more more subtleties with each viewing.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
this is really pompous but it annoyed me that Zach claimed it was his favourite show but he admitted he had only watched it once and failed to recall some of the important sub-plots and characters. I'm a bit obsessed like the guy who wrote the book and have watched it through like 6 times and pick more more subtleties with each viewing.

He might be like me... I'd say The Wire is my favourite drama ever but I've only watched it once because I struggle to watch tv shows and movies I've already seen, particularly if it's serious content. I don't know how people on this board go to the cinema multiple times to watch the same movie, I'd get bored shitless.

Having said that, I will rewatch The Wire one day, but I need enough time to pass that I don't feel like I'm just going over old ground.

He might be like me... I'd say The Wire is my favourite drama ever but I've only watched it once because I struggle to watch tv shows and movies I've already seen, particularly if it's serious content. I don't know how people on this board go to the cinema multiple times to watch the same movie, I'd get bored shitless.

Having said that, I will rewatch The Wire one day, but I need enough time to pass that I don't feel like I'm just going over old ground.
I'm the same. Never rewatch shows, reread books and will rarely go out of my way to rewatch a movie for myself (but might show one to a friend or something).

BUT, I've watched The Wire 5-6 times. It's that good.

I'll never pay $99 for something I can access online for slightly lower quality for free... but The Wire might be an exception. I've yet to rewatch it but it's definitely one I will get around to eventually.

JB Hi fi has a buy 1 get another 50% off deal for boxsets. Any other must-see or rewatch shows out there?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back