FTA-TV The Wire

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The scene when they show him first dropping a body in the row-houses and the guy is pleading with him. The whack, no emotion. Just stone cold killer.

Just started on season 4. The stories behind the kids are great too. The emergence of Michael as a soldier, and poor old Dookie. That kids breaks your heart.

I didn't like Michael at the start but was cheering for him when he killed Snoop.

The scene where He drops Dukie off and Dukie turns around and his gone was the saddest of the series for me.

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
i was going to do the same, I ended up catching the amtrack train from DC to Philly, started to see how bad it was and thought better of it and continued to Philly

Some of my mates pulled into Baltimore harbour however and reckon it was one of the best Port runs they have ever done

It's a shock to the system for sure when you do go to America and see how bad it gets quickly once you get out of the main city area.

Sep 3, 2002
In a good place
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NBA Winning Machines/Dallas Cowboys
It's a shock to the system for sure when you do go to America and see how bad it gets quickly once you get out of the main city area.

so true

Las Vegas, when they say to tourists "dont go off the strip", there is a reason for that. you go 3 blocks away and its like being in another world.

Same in OKC, St louis etc

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Jun 14, 2011
Halfway Between the Gutter and the Stars
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MUFC/NYY/LAL/Green Bay Packers/UW
1630982535297.png

This one hits hard.

Will be time for a re-watch soon. RIP.

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Very sad R.I.P
Loved his performances especially in The Wire.
But also in Boardwalk Empire and The Night Of

I'm actually halfway through a rewatch of The Wire atm
My wife and I started a rewatch last year, but had a gap of about 6 months before we watched the final season, I think because neither of us wanted it to end. The end of Omar's arc will probably sting even more now that Michael K Williams has passed.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
Amazing actor. I watched The Wire for the first time this year and loved every second of it.

Rest in peace.

Wish we shared the experience with you mate. The only thing second to watching the GOAT show is to live vicariously through someone else experiencing it for the first time.

Back