The Wire

Remove this Banner Ad

Because he had that guy killed in jail or because he was schtupping his wife while doing it?
They're all morally questionable, but I originally found his drive to get out of that world interesting.

Now I look back and think he was conniving and disloyal to his people.

They're all morally questionable, but I originally found his drive to get out of that world interesting.

Now I look back and think he was conniving and disloyal to his people.

Just watched the episode where he dun got wat was comin from Omar n bow tie. Hard not to feel a little for him but at the end of the day he was a greedy prick who would * over anyone to get what he wanted. I reckon Omar is probably my favourite character you feel me?

There's been so many people in this thing from other shows but since I'm watching the oldest thing now it's even extra trippy.. if that makes sense. For example, the young cop who later went on to become a priest in the post apocalyptic zombie world of The Walking Dead and a young Councillor Littlefinger who really didn't change too much characterwise in between being a city councilman and a brothel owner in Game of Thrones. Also Tyrese from Walking Dead trying to teach young hoodlums boxing to get them off the street. D'Angelo who also hung out with Tyrese. Frank Sobotka going from dead union wharfie to bumbling police deputy in a Baton Rouge full of vampires in True Blood. The list goes on..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And finished. Thought it ended well. It was sad to see Bodie and Omar bite it (especially the way Omar went) but they both had their opportunities to leave/not come back and they made their calls so it is what it is (you feel me?). Was glad to see Snoop eat a bullet too and equally so that it was Michael who worked out he was about to be made to do the same.

The thing that pissed me off was Kima blowing McNulty and Lester's serial killer scam. It would've ******* worked if she hadn't gone and spilled her guts to Daniels. Hard to believe the other two forgave her within 10 seconds as well.

And finished. Thought it ended well. It was sad to see Bodie and Omar bite it (especially the way Omar went) but they both had their opportunities to leave/not come back and they made their calls so it is what it is (you feel me?). Was glad to see Snoop eat a bullet too and equally so that it was Michael who worked out he was about to be made to do the same.

The thing that pissed me off was Kima blowing McNulty and Lester's serial killer scam. It would've ******* worked if she hadn't gone and spilled her guts to Daniels. Hard to believe the other two forgave her within 10 seconds as well.
My biggest issue with the series is Daniels giving McNulty carte blanche to dole out resources. He’s a known snake and an alco. Surely Kima or Lester were better choices.

Plus Omar limping away from the 5 story jump. Surely that’s leaving you paraplegic at a minimum.

It’s still my favourite show ever with the sopranos.

The Shield remains the most underrated show from that era of dramas. I think it's better than The Wire.
I have a lot of love for the shield. Possibly the best ending I’ve ever seen.

* Lem by the way.

I have a lot of love for the shield. Possibly the best ending I’ve ever seen.

**** Lem by the way.
Yeah that's a lot of why I hold it so highly, so many shows flub the ending, the way The Shield builds up over 7 seasons and brings all the stuff that's happened and makes it matter is what I adore about it.

And I think you meant * Shane ;)(tho Walton Goggins is my favourite t.v actor for his work in The Shield and Justified)

My biggest issue with the series is Daniels giving McNulty carte blanche to dole out resources. He’s a known snake and an alco. Surely Kima or Lester were better choices.
It was McNulty's 'case' though?

Plus Omar limping away from the 5 story jump. Surely that’s leaving you paraplegic at a minimum.
That's some real Spiderman s**t right there. /Marlowe :D

One small lol moment that will stick with me for quite some time..

Yeah that's a lot of why I hold it so highly, so many shows flub the ending, the way The Shield builds up over 7 seasons and brings all the stuff that's happened and makes it matter is what I adore about it.

And I think you meant **** Shane ;)(tho Walton Goggins is my favourite t.v actor for his work in The Shield and Justified)
Actually I liked Shane. Hated lemanski. He burnt the Armenian money train money!!!

It was McNulty's 'case' though?

That's some real Spiderman s**t right there. /Marlowe :D

One small lol moment that will stick with me for quite some time..

It was Mcnultys case, but wouldn’t a sergeant or lieutenant make resource decisions? At least that is how it seemed through the other seasons. Seemed a bit strange how easy it was for him to siphon off resources, would have thought there’d be more controls in place.

When I re-watch it, which I will, I think I will find it even more difficult to separate the seasons. I think season 3 was perhaps the most complex/difficult to follow.

For the record, I still have not re-watched it. Give me a break, it's only been 11 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back