The Wire

Remove this Banner Ad

Omar: I'll do what I can to help y'all. But, the game's out there, and it's play or get played. That simple.

"Slim Charles: Ain't enough y'all done violated the Sunday morning truce. No, I'm standing here holding a torn-up church crown of a bona fide colored lady. Do you know what a colored lady is? Not your moms, for sure. 'Cause if they was that, y'all would've known better than that bullshit. Y'all trifling with Avon Barksdale reputation, you know that?"

Loved that scene

"Moreland: I'm just a humble mother****er with a big-ass dick.
Freamon: You give yourself too much credit.
Moreland: Okay then. I ain't that humble.
"

"State's Atty. Ilene Nathan: Mr. Little, how does a man rob drug dealers for eight or nine years and live to tell about it?
Omar: Day at a time I suppose?
"

"Det. Thomas 'Herc' Hauk: If white boys wanna sell drugs in Baltimore, they have to make different laws for it, like even it out for 'em.
Det. Shakima 'Kima' Greggs: Affirmative action.
Det. Thomas 'Herc' Hauk: Leave no white man behind."

Sgt. Jay Landsman: From everything we've given you, fire should be shooting out your ass. But no, there you sit like a genital wart."

"Brother Mouzone: You're the perfect bait. They will view you as conflicted, you're homophobia is so visceral.
Lamar: See that. I haven't even walked in the place yet and you're already calling me a **********."

Sorry for the million wire Quotes..... Bit of a fanatic..... My fave show of all time

Solid quotes though, many lols.

Stringer: Yo', Rock.
Shamrock: Huh?
Stringer: Be subtle with it, man. You know what subtle means?
Shamrock: Laid back and s**t.

Slim Charles: But what if they don't cop our re-up, though?
Stringer: Well, I'ma worry about that when it happen. Until then, Mr. Charles, we're going to handle this s**t like businessmen, sell the s**t, make the profit and later for that gangsta bullshit. [Poot raises his hand.] Yeah.
Poot: Do the chair know we gonna look like some punk-ass bitches out there?
Stringer: Mother****er, I will punk your ass for sayin such s**t!
Shamrock: Yo, String, Poot did have the floor, man.
Stringer: Shut the **** up, this n***a too ignorant to have the ****in' floor!

Also

Stringer: What you doing?
Shamrock: Robert's Rules says we got to have minutes of the meeting. These the minutes.
Stringer: N***a, is you taking notes on a criminal ****ing conspiracy?

Hilarious scene.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes?

8517f54164d97dd8af8aaeb93246f612.jpg

the scandal with overland is straight out of the wire...dodgy stats politics chief commissioner

Also

Stringer: What you doing?
Shamrock: Robert's Rules says we got to have minutes of the meeting. These the minutes.
Stringer: N***a, is you taking notes on a criminal ****ing conspiracy?

Hilarious scene.
:D That is one of my favorite quotes along with Omar in the court room to Levy: "I got the shotgun, you got the briefcase"

YES! Probably one of my most favourite scene's, Omar is such a great character. His responses are hilarious is court. When asked how he's survived as a drug dealer; "day at a time I spose".

Has anyone seen Treme yet? I watched the first 2 episodes and it started pretty slowly, but then again so did the wire. For anyone who has seen it is it any good?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back