Multiplat The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Tales of a legendary card playing, camomile drinking adventurer

How do you feel about Gwent?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Here. Have this link instead. New mobile AR game.

Coming to Series X and PS5. Current gen owners get a free upgrade.

I still swear by Death March. It's no where near as difficult as any other game on hard and once you get half a dozen levels in it actually feels like normal in other games. On lower difficulties I found I wouldn't even use all my abilities. Only the first few hours are a bit of a challenge while you don't have many cool skills and struggle to heal because you don't have enough coin for food. Once you get tier 2 I think it is of Quen it becomes so much easier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just purchased GOTY edition from GOG for $23.
Going to give this game a crack, what difficulty setting should a newbie set it in?

Depends really on how experienced you are with RPGs. Personally, I would start on normal and play for the story. Once you get the hang of it you could up the difficulty.

Underrated way of gaming

Honestly, when replaying big RPGs like this, I like to set the difficulty to easy and just enjoy the story and exploring without really having to worry too much about dying. People make too much of a big deal out of playing on the hardest difficulties IMO.

Honestly, when replaying big RPGs like this, I like to set the difficulty to easy and just enjoy the story and exploring without really having to worry too much about dying. People make too much of a big deal out of playing on the hardest difficulties IMO.

I usually go normal so there’s abit of a challenge but quickly switch to easy if I get stuck.

I figure there’s point getting frustrated and quitting the game and missing out on a good story.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes there's the story, but there's also gameplay and game mechanics. Anything less than Death March you pretty much don't even have to use pots/oils/bombs or even almost signs. It's not like you lose the story by playing on a harder difficulty.

You can always turn it down for individual encounters if you get stuck then turn it back up after.

+1 for Death March. It's tough at the beginning but steadily gets easier and easier. I dropped the difficulty down for a couple of trophies right at the very end and it just wasn't the same. It's really the only way to play in my opinion.

Depends really on how experienced you are with RPGs. Personally, I would start on normal and play for the story. Once you get the hang of it you could up the difficulty.
This. You can change it at any time though so don't sweat it. I changed it depending on my mood but after I figured out wtf I was doing with the controller it rarely moved from death March. It just wasn't as much fun on the lower difficulties and death March wasn't insane by any stretch

Back