Multiplat The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Tales of a legendary card playing, camomile drinking adventurer

How do you feel about Gwent?

• Total voters
From Variety in April:

"Netflix new live-action series based on “The Witcher” will launch in the company’s fourth quarter, which runs from October to December, the company’s chief content officer noted in an earnings call this week. "

I need to hear what Geralt's voice will sound like before I start tweaking my nipples. Still, looking forward to it!
I dunno for sure but I reckon it might sound a little like Henry Cavill in Superman. :think:

hornetswce

Club Legend
Nov 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Started this tonight for the first time and just killed the noonwraith at the well. I read somewhere it's a good idea to do all the mission at white orchard before fighting the gryphon and moving on.

Enjoying it so far, still getting used to the combat but feels like it will be ok. My only gripe would be the horse doesn't feel great but I'm comparing it to RDR2 which probably isn't fair.

Runs very well on my recently built PC, almost glad I've waited this long haha

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Started this tonight for the first time and just killed the noonwraith at the well. I read somewhere it's a good idea to do all the mission at white orchard before fighting the gryphon and moving on.

Enjoying it so far, still getting used to the combat but feels like it will be ok. My only gripe would be the horse doesn't feel great but I'm comparing it to RDR2 which probably isn't fair.

Do everything in White Orchard to level up. And yeah, Roach is notorious for controlling like arse but you'll get used to it :p

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico

And if you're going to play Gwent (the card game in the game), make sure to play everyone in White Orchard before you move on too. IIRC there's a card or two that you can't win if you come back to play people

Sep 20, 2009
NSW
AFL Club
St Kilda
And if you're going to play Gwent (the card game in the game), make sure to play everyone in White Orchard before you move on too. IIRC there's a card or two that you can't win if you come back to play people

I can't remember if it was a patch or not, but I'm pretty sure that card can be found
at the base of the tree with all the people hanging off it.

There's two other moments where Gwent cards were missable but one was fixed in a patch
found in a drawer in the same room the character was in
and the third one I'm not sure there's a chance to get the card if you miss it. It's during a party, I think if the party finishes and you don't get the card you could be out of luck.
I remember being very frustrated because the table remains after that quest and you can literally see Gwent cards on it, but there isn't a way to pick them up. Maybe they fixed this one, too.

Atavistic

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Team Coco

Roach handles like a tank compared to the RDR2 horses, and when I switched from RDR2 to W3, I ended up pressing the wrong button to get off the horse and swung my sword about, scared everyone and pissed off the guards.

Also, I think there are five places of power in White Orchard, which you need to go to for ability points to level up.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Killed the gryphon and about to leave white orchard, ive done all the side quests but didn’t find all the places of power.

Starting to get hang of the combat, you really can’t just hack away haha

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

The places of power will be hidden under question marks.

For combat (on highest difficulty at least) I found Quen is your best friend and parry humans, dodge monsters.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Played another hour or so tonight, with it being pretty dialogue heavy you don’t get much gameplay out of that. That being said I still feel like the story has progressed significantly, Just started looking for the Barons family.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

You don't need to go from quest to quest if you don't feel like dialogue and just want to explore and hack things up. Still very early though, let yourself get immersed.

God I miss when I was a Witcher virgin and the game was new and fresh for me. After 2 full playthroughs I don't think I can ever go back, but hearing the stories of newstarters puts my nostalgic glasses back on and triggers those happy times :)

hornetswce

Club Legend
Nov 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
You don't need to go from quest to quest if you don't feel like dialogue and just want to explore and hack things up. Still very early though, let yourself get immersed.

The story has sucked me in though haha, got a feeling there is some dodgy stuff happening with he Baron and his family!

Ill probably do what i did in White Orchard and do all the main quest items first, then do the side quests etc. just before i leave

The parts with Ceri are a great idea and really link her story with Geralts, makes you feel like you are so close to finding her yet so far.

Fuzzy Wuzzy Bear

Premiership Player
Oct 28, 2004
New Eden
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
God I miss when I was a Witcher virgin and the game was new and fresh for me. After 2 full playthroughs I don't think I can ever go back, but hearing the stories of newstarters puts my nostalgic glasses back on and triggers those happy times :)

I can see myself going for a third playthrough eventually. But I have too many other titles to get through and Cyberpunk will warrant sacrificing life for a while.

Back