Multiplat The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Tales of a legendary card playing, camomile drinking adventurer

How do you feel about Gwent?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I got them all, but I had a huge issue with it. fu** those Sirens.
Definitely the worst part about it. They're easy enough to kill, chuck on Quen and just slice them up when they run into you. But they're a real pain just having to slow down, jump up and deal with. If you * around they attack and rip off the sides of your boat. Then after you have to be careful not to run into their carcasses lest you damage your cardboard boat further. Even had one Siren body tip my boat over - swam to a nearby island, save and reloaded - bodies were gone and my boat was upright again. They're not a challenge, just annoying as *.

Just did the quest with the Djinn. I think I have to get stuck into the main story for a bit as I got * all XP from that. Think it was a Level 15 mission and I'm like 25. The scaling XP thing blows. I want to do whatever missions as I please (obviously with the exception on ones that are prerequisites of others).

For a 5 year old game, it still crashes a fair bit too. Have had it crash about 10 times in 70-80 hours.

Rant aside, I'm still loving it!

You can easily handle the Sirens by using the horn. You blow into it, and they fall into the water.
Never tried that. How long does it knock them out for? Long enough to make a quick getaway? Would be good for when you run into them in between caches.

Don't have a lot left, just that top band and a few north west of ard Skellig.

Never tried that. How long does it knock them out for? Long enough to make a quick getaway? Would be good for when you run into them in between caches.

Don't have a lot left, just that top band and a few north west of ard Skellig.
Can't remember, but it made them far less annoying. If I remember correctly, they're a one hit kill if they're in the water with the crossbow. It's been years since I played.

Finished the main story, and just about everything else you can do in the base game (including all the Skellige crates - bar the one guarded by a high level Griffin). 111 hours.

Ciri became a witcher
I killed Radovid
Cerys rules over Skellige
Chose Yen - feels like the right choice, destined to be together, Triss felt like a college girl with a teen crush.
Boned Keira, Sasha, Jutta, Yen and every hooker I could find

Onto HoS!

Finished HoS. Saved Olgierd. Boned Shani aka Budget Triss.

Onto BaW and the search for more Gwent cards!

Quick question, I have about 30k, will I be able to upgrade all armour and sword sets to grandmaster by the end? Or will it get a bit tight for coin? I haven't put much into the runescape guy.

Quick question, I have about 30k, will I be able to upgrade all armour and sword sets to grandmaster by the end? Or will it get a bit tight for coin? I haven't put much into the runescape guy.

No, 30k isn't enough, not at all. I can't remember the exact figures. One way I like to use to raise funds is to hit the Hanse bases in Toussaint. As long as you leave without killing the leader, they respawn and you can do it again and again. I think you can get 4-6k each visit from selling their swords.

"Budget Triss", lol.

No, 30k isn't enough, not at all. I can't remember the exact figures. One way I like to use to raise funds is to hit the Hanse bases in Toussaint. As long as you leave without killing the leader, they respawn and you can do it again and again. I think you can get 4-6k each visit from selling their swords.

"Budget Triss", lol.
I reckon it will be tight. From memory, I think it cost somewhere in the region of 40-50k gold all up. Just start looting everything and selling it off.
Cool, I'll start looting and selling like a mofo. My Wolven and Cat sets are already up to Mastercrafted, Griffin and Ursine are still basic. Viper set looks sweet!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol budget Triss

Loved the Monkey Island reference with the riposte battle with Mancomb! In MI1, you meet a pirate in the pub at the start called Mancomb Seepgood.

The Brienne of Tarth nod was cool too.

Up to 62k, smashing those Hanse bases has worked a treat. I've got all the grand master gear diagrams, just need the components. Does your magic chest pop up anywhere in Toussaint?

Loved the Monkey Island reference with the riposte battle with Mancomb! In MI1, you meet a pirate in the pub at the start called Mancomb Seepgood.

The Brienne of Tarth nod was cool too.

Up to 62k, smashing those Hanse bases has worked a treat. I've got all the grand master gear diagrams, just need the components. Does your magic chest pop up anywhere in Toussaint?

"I got this scar in a mighty struggle"
"I hope you have learnt to stop picking your nose then!"

This exploding Aard mutation is hands down the greatest thing in this game! Nothing better than walking up to a group of bandits and sending some campaigner's torso flying back over the heads of his mates!
I wasted all my points on igni till I found out Aard was the go and reset them. Best decision ever

Kiciński also reiterated the fact that a new Witcher game would not be The Witcher 4, i.e. a continuation of the story of Geralt. the protagonist of the first three mainline Witcher games. This is in line with what Kiciński has been saying for several years – back in 2017, he said that Geralt's story was complete, but that the studio would "probably" return to The Witcher in some form.

Kiciński doesn't make clear what form the next Witcher game would take, but it seems likely that this would be a follow-on from the RPG style of the previous games, rather than a spin-off in the vein of Gwent: The Witcher Card game. No timeframe was given for release but, given the development cycles for The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077, we can expect it to be several years away at the very least.

Wouldnt mind a game where you create your own witcher and have geralt as your mentor as he trains you and then puts you through the trial of grasses ect..
I'd rather they have a specifically defined character. Never really been a fan of build your own, they're hard to get behind as a protaganist. One of the great things about Witcher 3 is that Geralt is an awesome protaganist - badass, witty, personable. Look at The Outer Worlds in contrast, having some generic wooden customised character that didn't talk made it far less interesting.

Back