Multiplat The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Tales of a legendary card playing, camomile drinking adventurer

How do you feel about Gwent?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

GrandBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I don't think people realize how awesome the developers are. If you pre-order from their site, gog.com, they're giving back money in gog codes based on how much your region's getting bent over by the price. Basically, if you pre-order on gog.com from Australia, you get a $22 voucher for that site.

http://www.gog.com/thewitcher3/en

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don't think people realize how awesome the developers are. If you pre-order from their site, gog.com, they're giving back money in gog codes based on how much your region's getting bent over by the price. Basically, if you pre-order on gog.com from Australia, you get a $22 voucher for that site.

http://www.gog.com/thewitcher3/en

They're amazing. I've only played one of their games but they are fast becoming my favourite dev because of how engaged they are with the community and how consumer centric they are.

BTW here's an extended gameplay demo..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

biggiemediums

Norm Smith Medallist
WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 20, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Being a gigantic RPG whore I find it strange that I've never warmed to this series. I'll give this one a s**t but I can say after the praise I heard for 1 & 2 I found them extremely bland and generic. Hope it's good though! I'm more excited for CDProjekts Cyberpunk game!

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Still not sure whether I want to fork out for the special edition. I'll be getting to day one regardless, always surprised by the lack of hype this game has on this board.

Haven't been around here long enough to really know but seems so many PS players so they just may have never had the chance. This is my most anticipated this year.

Anyway, I think I've messed up with my versions. I preordered the collectors with the statue on ps4 way back assuming original release date and I wasn't going to have upgraded my PC by then. But now I'm rocking a 980. Witcher 2 looked amazing on my 680 but was pretty arse on xbox 360. Hopefully there are massive plot decisions like in 2 that pretty much played out like two different games so I have an excuse to buy the PC version to play through again.

Mighty P

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 25, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Roys FFC, Lakers
More hyped for this than Bloodborne. I think I've mentioned I loved the original Witcher, and thought the 2nd was great but still need to finish a second play through. So hyped!

Dec 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
West Ham United
Some new info from Gamestar.de
Beard one sounds awesome.

Gameplay
  • There are 4 difficulties (easy, medium, hard and dark) which differ in the skill of the monsters you face. Hitpoints remain the same.
  • You can bargain for more money after finishing your monster contract through some sort of minigame.
  • The side quests are extremely well made with great writing and branching.
  • Potions are a necessity on higher difficulty levels. You only need to craft a potion once and you can refill it if you have enough alcohol present. Potions are upgradeable for stronger effects. Stronger potions will increase your toxicity more
  • Novigrad and No Man's Land are indeed one single map, much bigger than Skyrim. The isles of Skellige form the other big part of the game. Next to that, there are 5-6 other separated locations, including Kaer Morhen.
  • No enemy respawning or at the least not very frequently
  • Best items in the game must be crafted
  • They were very impressed with the story branching and how it is not always obvious. Correcting 'wrong' choices by saving/reloading will be very difficult if not impossible.
  • Contrary to BioWare games dialogue options are not good or bad, this you will have to figure out for yourselves.
  • They really liked the in-game card game Gwent, praising its design.
  • The game features two really big cities: Novigrad and Oxenfurt, both very lively.
  • The are of No Man's Land features 25 smaller towns, some of which are the size of Flotsam from The Witcher 2.
  • Geralt can rob people, although the system is too easy and feels a bit lacking.
  • Journalist (level 7) was one shotted by a wyvern (level 24). No level scaling.
  • Ciri sequences will be (in total) 5-10h and feel more like an action-adventure game than an RPG
  • Extra storage can be made by crafting saddle bags for your horse.
  • Many small details such as Roach stopping to eat apples from a basket
  • All equipped items are visible in-game on Geralt
  • Fist-fighting is back, this time no QTE
  • World never felt empty
  • Journalist didn't encounter any simple fetch quests

Technical
  • The HUD is fully customizable. Icons and quest markers on the map can also be deactivated. Audiovisual hints (e.g. people screaming for help) will be present if you wish to do so.
  • Journalist encountered no clone NPC's
  • Controller feels superior to keyboard+mouse.
  • The extremely annoying doors from The Witcher 2 are gone. Doors are now opened automatically, no button pressing. No loading times for entering buildings either.
  • Day 1 patch confirmed
  • Xbox One resolution will stay at 900p
  • Geralts beard will grow over time
  • Switching between controller and mouse (for menu's) is easy and fluid
  • Most impressive dynamic weather system in any game he has ever played
  • They encountered very few bugs, no crashes of freezes.
  • Ultra seems to have a big effect on the quality of vegetation and character models[
  • No slider for LOD
  • Visual gore more prominent than in The Witcher 2

Even more info here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=156749131&postcount=10

Last edited:
Back