Multiplat The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Tales of a legendary card playing, camomile drinking adventurer

How do you feel about Gwent?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be awesome to play against real people. The AI is too easy to fool. I just make them fold the first round and then I forfeit the second after they burn a few cards so I can go all out on the third. Depending on my hand I would change up the third round a bit, sometimes I'd chuck a high value card down before buffs since they would always scorch it, or I'd put a fog down to build my siege in peace. Going nuts with spy cards early on makes it even easier.

Northern Realms with siege master Foltest.
Same. Spy cards first round then either tank the second after they put a few cards down or go all out with Hero + doubled siege cards. Near impossible to lose against the AI.

Yeah I always go Northern Realms. Good mix of spy cards and those ones that double strength when you put 2 down together.

I love playing against people using a Monster Deck, letting them flood the front row with cards and then drop a Biting Frost or a Scorch card on them right at the end.

Booted it up tonight to get the pack done (2.something GB) and to have a bit of a stuff around to get the hang of it again before Blood and Wine. Feels heaps different after slogging it out in Dark Souls 3 and had to get the hang of the controls again. Some of the UI in the menus have changed, inventory has received a really handy make over so you can find things easier, but it was annoying that it had to go through all the new tool tip hints again. It appears they've fixed a couple of the HoS glitched trophies. Mine was glitched on the one where the trophy wasn't popping for clearing all the bandit camps. What they have done is either reset a bandit camp for some people, or like me, re-activated a red chest and in my case it was in Kilkerinn Ruins. Usually if I platinum a game I can't be bothered getting 100% on the DLC but in this case I do. So I think I'll clean up the last couple trophies for HoS after B&W.

If you're playing on one of the top difficulties then make sure you have your Superior Vampire Oil ready for the expansion. I just noticed it was one of the few Superiors I was missing so went and tracked it down (found it in the abandoned distillery in Skillege).

edit: just restarted my PS4 and B&W is up. 14GB. Time to go to bed and can't wait to dive into this tomorrow evening.

Last edited:
So good to fire this up again. First time playing since I got new speakers, I forgot just how incredibly immersive the sounds are. If there was an award for best wind effects this game would walk it in

Back