Multiplat The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Tales of a legendary card playing, camomile drinking adventurer

How do you feel about Gwent?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Best thing was a side quest loading up to collect the Skellige deck and go to the Gwent tournament. That alone is value for money. I'm only a few steps of the main quest in though, might continue it some more soon before any more side stuff as a message popped up saying about being contacted by a master craftsman to upgrade Witcher gear and some other cool stuff.

I'm really digging the colours of the new map. Very vibrant. I'm probably only an hour in and already feeling drawn in by the new characters and story. This isn't just a crappy DLC, it's a full expansion like the old days. Still getting the hang of the controls again though. My game is on death march so derpy moments are costing me but I'm getting the hang of sign switching and stuff again. One of the early named enemy fights was a great test to blow out the cobwebs since I had to keep switching between Yrden and Quen and a couple potions and bombs. I haven't made it to some of the new features like Witcher gear upgrades yet so can't comment on them yet. I did Google the skill upgrades and unfortunately like enchanting in HoS they seem underwhelming. Just really wish there was one more skill section as it feels like levelling up is pointless besides level requirement for quests and enemies. I've had the same build (adrenaline build) since about 3/4 into vanilla game because it still works. Only thing I need to look up is if health return from Quen has been nerfed since so far it doesn't seem to be as effective.

Like when I picked up HoS though I struggled to get into it straight away. I think I need to wait until the weekend as during the week I'm sort of only on and off for a hour at a time and keep getting interrupted and side tracked. Need a few hours to just put my feet up and soak it all in. Still the best game for me this gen.

Early blood and wine highlight. Main quest. Geralt needs to find a couple of items.

When he rips the golden fish from they guys's hands, stomps on it, takes the key, apologies and swims away. Solid gold!

Can't believe I used to hate Geralt in Witcher 2. He's just misunderstood.

Great to get back into this game with the new setting. Big weekend on the couch coming up.

Lmao at the side quest: Goodness, gracious, great balls of granite!

This is awesome. New map is quite big, about a third of Velen minus Novigrad? After hitting Beauclair (i think that's the name of the new city which is nearly as big as Novigrad) my quest log has just filled up and I haven't even visited the notice boards in the surrounding towns yet.

Regarding the messenger,

Cool touch that it is penned by your love interest from main game. Mine was Triss, for anyone who is with neither because they tried to play them both at the same time :D:D, who sends the letter?

My weekend is now set. HoS was a great expansion but B&W is truly something. This is how you do add on content.

Regarding the messenger,

Cool touch that it is penned by your love interest from main game. Mine was Triss, for anyone who is with neither because they tried to play them both at the same time :D:D, who sends the letter?

Mine was from Yennefer despite failing with both in the main game. Of course, she signed the letter off with 'your friend, Yennefer'. Cold as ice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Minor spoiler for the fistfighting side quest

Love that there was an insult 'fistfight', nice little nod to Monkey Island and the insult swordfighting

Some of the side quests are dead set quality. Got a chuckle from Till Death Do Us Part,

I decided to move the husband and loved how he gave his wife's urn the bird on the way out to rest him with the gwent society.
Hahaha I was the same, didn't realise what he was doing for a few seconds but chuckled when I realised.

Butcher at the docks in Beauclair:

"SAUSAGES! HAMS! PATÊS!"

Geralt: "gwent?"

Butcher awkwardly nods.

How good is Toussaint. It's not as chaotic as Velen. No civil war and no supernatural forces trying to tear it apart so it's a bit more relaxing to explore. These side quests are meatier than some main quests from the vanilla game. Without a doubt this is still in the top handful of games I've ever played.

Also for anyone else playing on death march, best way to deal with the damn archespores? I know you can attack and Aard their spores and to dodge the spit but every time I go in to attack something is getting me. It's not the spores exploding and it's not the whip thing they do with their heads. I just can't help not getting my Quen shield blown up almost every time and I can't work out why.

Is there any difference between Nilfgaard and Northen realms decks from Witcher 3 (full hame) and same decks from Blood and wine expansion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had to google something a random NPC said in a village because I didn't think I heard it right. Turns out there are some pretty cool Easter eggs in B&W.

This was a Game of Thrones one,

some random female NPC said "my brother gave me a sword and I named it needle." Apparently there is a Winnie the Pooh somewhere and I vow to find it and if possible, kill it.

Edit: turns the NPC may not be so random. I kept spamming X for dialog and she said "is it true, winter is coming?"

Edit 2: this village is all kinds of twilight zone. A dude grooming a horse is singing "in the forest, the mighty forest, a brown bear sleeps tonight."

Last edited:
Back