Multiplat The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Tales of a legendary card playing, camomile drinking adventurer

How do you feel about Gwent?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I am just looking here at options . how do you put on spoiler quotes, i am not a big forum user so a bit stupid when it comes to this stuff

Edit. Found it, sorry again

Just on another note, hopefully not a spoiler, the weather is so much nicer in Toussaint
I wouldn't worry too much about it, games been out long enough that people shouldn't be complaining about seeing them.

Lance is a bit of a plonker.

Up to the baron too.

Thinking of going combat alchemy build with ursine gear.

Rend as the main damage, could use archgriffen with it but reading it's OP, still want a challenge. Perhaps whirl. Prob won't use any signs besides the stock quen.

Still just cannot get over the density and beauty of this game. Do you guys think the Witcher series is done with? Or just Geralt?

I reckon the plan was to finish it at 3, but since its gotten the reception it has they might be re-evaluating.

Will be a long while though even if they do another one, Cyberpunk is next and that is still years away.

Hope they do keep going, played witcher 2 and this one, i like this one heaps more than 2 and i thought 2 was good, they are onto a winning formula so hopefully they will go around again

I am loving B&W, loving that as least as much as the main game, did the warbled knight mission last night and thought that was pretty good, will be sad when i am finished, i cant see myself doing another playthrough though, not for a while at least, will prob download Far Harbour for Fallout 4 and do that next

I have about 6 upgrade points to use and think i might use them on the mutations, cant decide which though and spent a freaking fortune on upgrading the wolven armour, think i will just stick with that armour for the rest of the game

but truly a fking great game

Still just cannot get over the density and beauty of this game. Do you guys think the Witcher series is done with? Or just Geralt?

Geralt's story is done. I am very confident they will make another Witcher game, however. But in the meantime, I wait with furious anxiety for Cyberpunk 2077. Will fap and not stop when the trailer is released, I'm sure.

Just on another note, hopefully not a spoiler, the weather is so much nicer in Toussaint

Everything is nicer in Toussaint. The scenery, the people, the music etc. It's so pleasant :)

Yes, but Geralt's story was finished before the expansions, and then it kept on going...

Well, that was the dlc. I really think the way Blood and Wine ended with

Geralt breaking the 4th wall and looking into the camera with a warm smile as Regis reminisces on their adventures over the series

Was a clear nod that his story was over.

And given there are so many Witchers stories to tell it seems pretty logical.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

when I first started playing it I was a bit underwhelmed. I'd been playing Tomb Raider and BF1 and I was a bit unsure as it seemed a touch clunky, and the controls were "old school 3rd person" (hold x to sprint etc); and I thought the graphics were a bit s**t compared to newer games.

But once I got into it I really started to understand that it is, in fact, a very beautiful game. Sure, the character animations aren't as photo-realistic as some games, but the difference is this game is ******* huge, and intricate, and deep. Yes Tomb Raider/Uncharted are more cinematic, but the freedom in this game is incredible. And you don't have what started shitting me about tomb raider, whereby you see a rope pillar and you know, invariably, there must be another one nearby. Or every single climb is marked by a bit of white paint, so you're spoon fed what to do. This is so much better in terms of the freedom it offers. And in terms of beauty, I've been so struck by the mood it creates - you know, you really feel like you are in a medieval monster filled land. Whether its swamps, or towns, or wilderness, its soooo well realised, and the 24 hour cycle just adds to it. The light quality of the different times of day is quite remarkable.

Then the density as you mentioned. Just wow. I can't get over how incredible the lore and the story is, and the variety in it.

It's a bit of a head * at first because the game doesn't tell you anything really. I was in the cave system with the witch, with no food, a busted sword, on 20% health, up against a boss. And I kept dying. And I thought how s**t is this? What can I do? But I dicked around a bit, and worked out that even though I could use my character points, if I actually put them into one of the 3 unmarked slots over there, then they'd actually work. And hey presto, I was all of a sudden getting health regen happening, and I could fight that ******* golem with full health instead of dying after one hit. Made all the difference, but I had no damn idea until I just started trying s**t. But that depth is a precondition of such a good game - that's why it's so good.

Fair to say I've fallen totally head over heels in love with it and I'm wildly addicted.

It's a bit of a head **** at first because the game doesn't tell you anything really. I was in the cave system with the witch, with no food, a busted sword, on 20% health, up against a boss. And I kept dying. And I thought how s**t is this? What can I do? But I dicked around a bit, and worked out that even though I could use my character points, if I actually put them into one of the 3 unmarked slots over there, then they'd actually work. And hey presto, I was all of a sudden getting health regen happening, and I could fight that ******* golem with full health instead of dying after one hit. Made all the difference, but I had no damn idea until I just started trying s**t. But that depth is a precondition of such a good game - that's why it's so good.

This reminds me of how when I first played the game I spent the ability points but didn't activate the abilities for ages because I didn't know you had to do that extra step. Can't imagine how hard it would be on Death March without them activated.

AAARGGHHH this game

Bz_k2OmCcAEDd4a.jpg

I have just returned from the super awesome and super spooky Isle of Mists and kicked off the Battle of Kaer Mohren, before finally deciding if I didn't get to bed I wouldn't get to work.

Sair gud

They're both beautiful and have stunning vistas. Skellige is awesome for its atmospheric conditions; the thunderstorms when you're on the bridge at Kaer Trolde are breathtaking, as was that storm when Yenefer used the mask of Uboros or whatever it's called. But they're rivaled by the view from the palace in Beauclair.

I'm currently playing the game arse-about, trying to finish Blood and Wine before I finish the main game. I don't know if it's possible, but I'll see. It was a bit hard going to Toussaint on Death March at level 28. Nearly every fight was a challenge.

On the last level of bloodvand wine getting my ass kicked!

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

Yeh that was a tough fight, had to step outside a couple of times to calm myself down lol, then it just clicked one go

So finally finished, had a happy ending in my B&W, did a save so will check out the other endings at some stage or will just check out youtube

Bit sad to have finished, was an epic game, the whole lot, the storylines, the great scenery and Yen, and have thoroughly enjoyed it, was the only game i have played since I started on New Years day, will probably go into a bit witcher withdrawal now

Its been a great thread too and have enjoyed reading it, cheers to all

Back